Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jokergreen0220 Offline

28.05.2018 08:56
WINNIPEG -- Jennifer Jones is one of the most successful skips in Canadian curling but, starting Sunday, shell be trying once mo Antworten

WINNIPEG -- Jennifer Jones is one of the most successful skips in Canadian curling but, starting Sunday, shell be trying once more to capture the one prize that has eluded her so far -- a trip to the Olympics. Michael Lorenzen Jersey . Jones and her rink will join 15 more of Canadas best curling teams at the trials to determine which men and women will wear Canadas colours in Sochi. "To go to the Olympics I think, as any athlete in any sport, is an incredible experience," says Jones. "To represent your country at this huge sporting event, what the Olympics is all about, would be amazing." She has tried twice before, in 2005 and 2009 and struck out both times, not even making the playoffs. And its not like she was struggling with her game at the time, winning the Scotties in both those years. But Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings Canadian Curling Trials isnt a competition where winning your province even gets you into this game. In fact, 14 of the 16 teams vying to represent Canada at the Olympics come from just three provinces, Ontario, Alberta and Manitoba. The outliers are John Morris, who won Olympic gold as Kevin Martins third in 2010 and now skips John Cotters rink out of Vernon, B.C., and Stefanie Lawton of Saskatoon. Alberta is represented by Kevin Koe from Calgary, Renee Sonnenberg from Grande Prairie and Martin, Heather Nedohin and Val Sweeting from Edmonton. Ontario is fielding Brier champion Brad Jacobs from Sault Ste. Marie, John Epping from Toronto, 2013 Scotties winner Rachel Homan from Ottawa (who beat Jones last February to take the title) and Glenn Howard and Sherry Middaugh from Coldwater. From Winnipeg, Jones is joined by Jeff Stoughton, Mike McEwan and Chelsea Carey. Jones knows from bitter experience how tough it can be to score the coveted spot on Canadas Olympic team, although right now shes the top-ranked female curler in Canada. "Its the eight best teams in the country that come together and play, so every game you have to be at your very best. And its a really short round robin. Its only seven games. So you have to go out there and really play well from start to finish." The womens final will take place on Saturday, Dec. 7, with the mens final on that Sunday. Jone has had more than just a taste of success with four national titles (three in a row starting in 2008) and one world title on her CV. She finished third at another world championship in 2010. But theres something special about the Olympics. "To win the Scotties is incredible. Any time you get to represent Canada is unbelievable, but to go as a bigger part of a big team Canada would be the experience of a lifetime. "I think every team at the Olympic trials wants to have that dream come true." Sweeting and Jacobs were the final rinks to qualify for this event at the Olympic pre-trials earlier in November in Kitchener, Ont. Its another measure of how tough it is to just get into the Olympic trials that 2006 Olympic gold medal winner Brad Gushue from Newfoundland didnt qualify. He lost to Jacobs in Kitchener but Gushue will be at the trials as an alternate on Martins team and another member of that 2006 team, Mark Nichols, is throwing lead rocks for Stoughton. Organizers are predicting huge attendance numbers for the trials, being held at the MTS Centre while the Winnipeg Jets are on an extended road trip. And it doesnt hurt that TSN has Will Farrell, in the persona of his outrageous TV anchorman Ron Burgundy, signed on for the opening of the event. He will team with network curling veteran Vic Rauter and Rauter got into the spirit of things in the news release announcing Ferrells appearance. "Its an honour to work with such an esteemed colleague. Im a huge fan of his work. Who are we talking about again?" As for the reason behind the guest gig, it might have something to do with the fact that "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" opens in theatres Dec. 20. Chris Sabo Jersey . For the first time all night, as the Raptors were on the clock to make the 20th overall selection, no one had the slightest idea what was about to happen. No leaks, no whispers, nothing. Homer Bailey Jersey . -- Mississippi State was crushed twice by Florida last season, once by 35 points and the other by 25. http://www.redsapparelsshop.com/ .C. -- Al Jefferson knows few people will be giving the Charlotte Bobcats a chance to upset the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.HOUSTON -- The Miami Marlins know what they need to do to get back into the National League post-season picture. With timely hitting and good pitching, the Marlins are one win away from sweeping the slumping Houston Astros. Giancarlo Stanton hit a three-run double, and Jordany Valdespin added a two-run home run to power the Marlins to a 7-3 victory over Houston on Saturday night. Stantons double in the second inning broke a 2-2 tie. Christian Yelich had two hits, including an RBI single as part of the four-run frame. Valdespin hit his first homer of the season in the ninth off Chad Qualls. The Marlins have won six of seven. "To come here and to keep going and to keep competing and keeping that good feeling going, Im very happy," Miami manager Mike Redmond said. "Were going to be tested. A lot of good teams left to play and a lot of ground to make up, but Im very happy with where were at right now." Stanton said a sweep against the Astros would put the Marlins in a good position. "We have to get sweeps in series like this," Stanton said. "You always say you sweep guys like this, and you stay afloat against the guys on the top. A sweep is three games gained instead of one." The Marlins were able to capitalize on starter Jarred Cosarts wildness when he walked the bases loaded in the second, setting up the run-scoring hits by Yelich and Stanton. "Its just who is able to capitalize the most is who is able to stay afloat and win games," Stanton said. "You arent always going to be able to capitalize, but the more you do, the more you are going to be in good shape. Weve been doing all right lately." Tom Koehler (7-7) gave up three runs and nine hits with two strikeouts in five innings. "I walked that tight rope that whole day and fortunately enough, I stayed balanced enough to get through five," Koehler said. "I handed it over to the bullpen who did a great job." Jason Castro had two hits, including a two-run home run in the first that put the Astros up 2-1. Jose Altuve added three hits for Houston, which lost its fourth straight and fell a season-high 20 games below .500 (42-62). Cosart (9-7) allowed five runs and seven hits with four strikeouts and four walks in 5 2-3 innings. Adam Duvall Jersey. The right-hander has struggled in July, allowing 21 runs in 21 1-3 innings over four starts. "Tale of two innings, obviously," Cosart said. "Pretty self-explanatory. Its the same as always when I have a bad game. I just didnt throw strikes." Carter cut the lead to 5-3 with an RBI single in the fifth. Casey McGehee gave Miami a 1-0 lead with an RBI single in the first. Houston left runners in scoring position in each inning from the second to the seventh. Altuve and Marwin Gonzalez started the third with singles before Carter lined a ball to Koehler that went off the right-handers back and was caught by shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria. Koehler struck out Castro and Matt Dominguez to end the inning. "It was kind of weird," Koehler said of the out. "It used my back as a ramp to get to (Hechavarria). We looked, and after icing my shoulder, my shoulder was redder than my back. There is not really proof that I got hit, which is good." The Astros went 1 for 9 with runners in scoring position against Koehler and finished 1 for 12 overall. "We had some opportunities and, you know, had the right guys out there," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "We hit one line drive off the pitchers back or shoulder and the short stop catches the ball. Its just one of those things. We had some opportunities. We were just not able to get the big hit." NOTES: After the game, Houston placed RHP Josh Zeid on the disabled list with a left foot injury. The Astros also optioned RHP Brad Peacock to Triple-A Oklahoma City to work on his fastball command, Porter said. LHP Brett Oberholtzer will start in Peacocks place Monday against Oakland. ... Houston RHP Collin McHugh will be activated from the disabled list to start on Sunday. McHugh, 4-8 with a 3.28 ERA, has been out since July 7 because of an injury to his right middle finger. McHugh, who last started in the majors on July 6 in a loss at the Los Angeles Angels, threw five innings in a rehab outing Tuesday for Oklahoma City. Miami will start RHP Jacob Turner, 3-6 with a 6.03 ERA. ... Gonzalez returned to the lineup after missing Fridays game because of soreness in his right hamstring. Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz