Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 110 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

06.06.2018 15:31
49. However, Hopkins hadnt fought in mo Antworten

Washington State has reason to be wary about opening the season against an FCS opponent.The Cougars were upset by Portland State in their first game last year and they start this season Saturday hosting regular FCS contender Eastern Washington.Coach Mike Leach said there are no big lessons to be taken from last seasons 24-17 loss to Portland State, which like Eastern Washington is a member of the Big Sky Conference.You have to come out as prepared as you can and play together the best we can, Leach said.Washington State rebounded from the upset to finish 9-4 last year, and has most of its starters back in Pullman.That includes quarterback Luke Falk, who threw for 4,566 yards and 38 touchdowns last season, and receiver Gabe Marks, who caught 104 passes for 1,192 yards and 15 touchdowns.Leach said Falk doesnt have any glaring weaknesses but still has room for improvement.The best quarterbacks are the ones that are fairly good at everything and steadily improve the whole package, said Leach, who has been pushing Falks candidacy for the Heisman Trophy.Eastern Washington finished 6-5 last year, a down season for a program that regularly makes the FCS playoffs. The Eagles are more than three touchdown underdogs in Saturdays game.Their most dangerous player is receiver Cooper Kupp, who gave up a chance to jump to the NFL to play his senior season. He won the Walter Payton Award as the nations top FCS offensive player last season.Kupp has made a specialty out of out-classing Pac-12 defensive backs. Last season, he caught 15 passes for 246 yards in a loss at Oregon. Two years ago he caught three touchdown passes in a loss at Washington. As a freshman, he caught five passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns in an upset win at Oregon State.Kupp has averaged 122 receiving yards per game, an FCS career record.Hes a really good player, Leach said. Hes had a very productive career.Kupp was a high school senior when Leach was hired at Washington State and sort of fell through the cracks in the blur of those early days, Leach said.We would have definitely liked him to walk on, Leach said, noting that Kupp has become bigger and faster as a college player.Hes really impressive, Leach said. We probably should have taken him.Other things to watch when Washington State hosts Eastern Washington:OPENING GAME BLUES: Leach has lost all four of his season openers as coach at Washington State, to BYU, Auburn, Rutgers and Portland State.HELLO NEIGHBOR: Although the two programs are located in towns only about 70 miles apart, Washington State and Eastern Washington have only played each other three times -- all victories for the Cougars. They are a Pac-12 opponent thats going to win a lot of Pac-12 games, Eastern coach Beau Baldwin said of the Cougars.PASSING FANCY: Leachs Air Raid offense led the nation in passing at 389.5 yards per game last season, and returns eight starters. The Cougars also averaged 6.1 yards per carry on the ground.ITS 5 OCLOCK SOMEWHERE: Game time is 5 p.m. at Martin Stadium in Pullman, as the Pac-12 has moved away this season from later starts. Jordie Benn Jersey . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. Ken Dryden Jersey . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. http://www.canadiensjerseyscheap.com/?tag=guy-lafleur-jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Maurice Richard Jersey . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Patrick Roy Jersey ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Joe Smith Jr. stopped Bernard Hopkins 53 seconds into the eighth round of their WBC international light heavyweight title fight Saturday night.Smith used a six-punch combination to send Hopkins through the ropes and on to the floor, effectively ending the 51-year-olds 28-year boxing career.Smith successfully defended his title when Hopkins was unable to return to the ring after 20 seconds. Hopkins hit his head on the way down and twisted his right ankle -- he cited the ankle as the reason he couldnt finish. A WBC official said the injuries incurred forced a TKO.I knew he was a true champion, and if he didnt get injured hed be back here, Smith said. I came here to do my job. This is my coming out party, too. I had to finish him. It was either my career was going to end and his was going to end, but I needed mine to continue.Hopkins was reluctant to accept the outcome, initially claiming that he was shoved out of the ring.I was throwing the right hand and a combination and then using the rope as an offensive as Im known for, and making a mess, Hopkins said. He got frustrated, and I might have gotten glazed with a left hook and next thing I know he was throwing me out of the ring.The reason I said Im upset they are giving Smith the TKO is because the momentum threw the ropes, he added. I didnt dive through the ropes.Hopkins (56-8-2) was looking to wrap his career with one last showing of defensive-minded boxing in front of an enthusiastic, star-studded crowd at the Forum. Instead, he finished in the same manor he started, with a loss.This is my last fight, I promised it would be and you come to that point in life where it is finall and Im happy with my retirement, Hopkins said.dddddddddddd I know the fans will know I went out as a soldier, fighting the toughest, baddest opponents. Im not saying I agree, Im not in denial -- Joe was a tough, heavy hitting fighter.Wearing his old Executioner shorts as a throwback to his earlier fighting days, Hopkins looked his age early as Smith (23-1, 19 KOs) was the aggressor to start. Hopkins regained some footing in the fifth and sixth rounds but Smith gained momentum and took it with him through the eighth, when he pummeled Hopkins in a corner and sent him through the ropes.I had seen him fall, and I kept hitting him until I saw him go out, and I landed that left hook until he went out, Smith said. I knew he had time to go out, but I hit him with four or five clean shots and they were good shots on the button.In his prime, Hopkins won a record 20 consecutive middleweight title fights. He became the oldest-ever champion when he defended his light-heavyweight belt at 49. However, Hopkins hadnt fought in more than two years, losing to Sergey Kovalev on Nov. 8, 2014, in his last bout.Oleksandr Usyk (11-0), a 2016 Olympic heavyweight gold medalist out of Ukraine, successfully defended his WBO cruiserweight title with a knockout of Thabiso Mchunu (17-3) with a knockout in the ninth round, his 10th.Local El Monte product Joseph Diaz (23-0), wearing Lakers colors in their former home, defended his NABF featherweight title, beating Horacio Garcia (30-2-1) of Mexico in the NABF featherweight title by unanimous decision. Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz