Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

08.06.2019 03:39
assured and clinical (and more relevant to the prevailing narrative, given his controversial, eve-of-tourna Antworten

ATLANTA -- Rory McIlroy holed two shots on the 16th hole at East Lake that made him a most unlikely FedEx Cup champion on Sunday.The first one he didnt even see go in.Three shots behind with three holes to play at the Tour Championship, McIlroy holed a pitching wedge from 137 yards for eagle that gave him the spark he needed to close with a 6-under 64 and join a three-way playoff with the FedEx Cup title riding on the outcome.I knew I was right back in the golf tournament, he said.Four playoff holes later on the 16th, after Ryan Moore made a par putt from just outside 15 feet, McIlroy knocked in his 15-foot birdie putt to win two trophies that he desperately wanted -- the Tour Championship and the FedEx Cup.Just to see that ball drop, and everything thats come together for me this year ... to pull it off was really special, McIlroy said, his voice still hoarse from screaming over so many quality shots, so many clutch moments over the final two hours at East Lake.McIlroy picked up $11.53 million in one day -- the $10 million FedEx Cup bonus and $1.53 million for the Tour Championship, his second victory in three weeks, making him the first player to win four FedEx Cup playoff events.His only hope was to win the Tour Championship and have Dustin Johnson finish worse than second alone. Johnson closed with a 73 and tied for sixth.In its 10th year, the FedEx Cup never had a finish like this.Moore, who got the last captains pick for the U.S. Ryder Cup team later Sunday, missed an 8-foot birdie putt by the slimmest of margins on the par-5 18th hole in regulation for a 64. In the playoff, he holed a 10-foot birdie putt with McIlroy facing a 6-foot eagle putt for the victory. McIlroy missed.Even on the final hole, Moore gave McIlroy everything he had. His chip over a ridge raced well past the hole, and it looked as though McIlroy would have to only two-putt for the victory. Instead, Moore holed another big putt.I just wanted to make him earn it for that much money at least, Moore said. I wanted him to make the putt. It was nice to get up and make it, but you give a great player like him that many opportunities, and hes going to make one eventually.Kevin Chappell had a two-shot lead with two holes to play when he made bogey on the 17th hole -- only his third of the week at East Lake -- and Moore birdied it in the group ahead of him. Chappell was woefully short on a 20-foot birdie putt on the 18th for the win, and he was eliminated with a par on the first playoff hole when he made par.They finished at 12-under 268.Johnson surprisingly was never a factor, and he hit too many errant shots on the front nine and never recovered. He still would have won the FedEx Cup had either Moore or Chappell won the tournament, which he said would have been really cool.It didnt feel right because I didnt win the Tour Championship, Johnson said. Thats why I was here to win. I knew I controlled my own destiny.Johnson was second in the FedEx Cup and received a $3 million bonus.McIlroy had control of this all along once he got into the playoff, except for one nervous moment.He looked to put the perfect finish onto his big day when he hit out of the rough and over the water to 6 feet for an eagle putt on the par-5 18th in the first playoff hole. McIlroy was ready to pump his fist until his eagle putt slid by, and he removed his cap in disbelief.Returning to the 18th, McIlroy missed an 18-foot birdie putt for the win. On the third extra hole, the par-3 15th over the water from 201 yards, McIlroy had to make a 7-foot par putt just to stay in the game.Nothing was bigger than that birdie at the end. McIlroy stiffened his back, clutched both arms and shouted above the raucous cheers at East Lake.Ive made it no secret that its one of the last things I feel like I had left on my golf CV, and I made it a big goal of mine to win it, McIlroy said. To be here and to win the FedEx Cup ... to play the way I have in the last few weeks to get it done, is very special.It was the longest playoff in the 30-year history of the Tour Championship.Moore had to wait two hours to see if his performance -- a 66-64 weekend at East Lake -- was worthy of a captains pick. Davis Love III was to announce his decision during halftime of the Sunday night NFL game.Chappell headed into a month off trying to figure out what he has to do to win. He was runner-up for the fourth time this season -- twice to Jason Day, the No. 1 player in the world, and once to McIlroy. In those final rounds, Chappells scores were 67, 69, 69 and 66.Im proud of the way I fought, he said. It just wasnt enough. Custom Ozzie Smith Jersey . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. Cardinals Jerseys China . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. http://www.custommlbcardinalsjersey.com/ . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Cheap Cardinals Jerseys . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Custom Cardinals Jersey China .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Kevin OBrien, 113 v England, Bangalore, 2011 Has there been a more triumphant moment for the Associate world? OBriens hundred was the ultimate up yours from crickets serfs to its overlords.OBrien has never been one for backward steps. He once received a dressing-down from Paul Grayson when he was still trying to make it, as an MCC Young Cricketer. Grayson was the opposition coach during a 2nd XI game, and thought OBrien was excessively chirpy during a match. Grayson cautioned that being a smart-arse when you are winning was well and good, so long as you can take it when things go against you.But sometimes it takes a bit of fire to create miracles, and there was proper enmity in this innings. Like when OBrien got into a slanging match with Matt Prior at the wicket, or when he congratulated James Anderson for managing a dot ball against him. Predictably that led to both abusing each other.There was no room for meekness, though. The result was every bit as luminous as his dyed purple hair.Mohammad Shahzad, 20 v Pakistan, Sharjah, 2012 The 15,000 fans came with bagpipes, tooting horns, waving flags and carrying pictures of former Afghan president Hamid Karzai. This was a festival for crickets newest arrivals, Afghanistan, and their first ODI against a Full Member. The fans comprehensively drowned out Pakistani supporters, who had until then regarded Sharjah as their turf.Their team lost, but at least their darling, Shahzad, gave them something to remember the day by. The rotund wicketkeepers stay was brief, but one shot encapsulated his mad, fearless method, and something of Afghanistans spirit.Saeed Ajmal had arrived fresh from taking 24 wickets in three Tests against England, the top-ranked side at the time. Neither did that impress Shahzad nor did it worry him: he reverse-swept Ajmal for six off the third ball he faced from him. It wasnt a controlled, well-practised lap over the rope either, but a maniacal kitchen-sink-and-all slog. It nearly ended up on the road outside the stadium.It remains YouTube gold, soundtracked by Ramiz Raja commentary: This is worth showing over and over again… Oh, deary me. A moustachioed Afghan in the crowd, with a beaming smile, gives it the thumbs up.Peter Borren, 31 v Ireland, Sylhet, 2014 Netherlands faced an impossible task to advance to the main rounds of the 2014 World T20. They needed to chase 190 in 14.2 overs to leapfrog Zimbabwe and Ireland to qualify. Clearly they stood no chance. We didnt have much to lose, Borren said later.It was so ridiculous, so inconceivable, that William Porterfield, the Irish captain, who is usually well briefed, did not know the equation until well into the Dutch onslaught. The excessive muscularity of the batting made him regret it.Borren promoted himself up too open.dddddddddddd His 31 was far from the headline act of the chase. Stephan Myburghs 63 was more violent and decisive. Tom Coopers unbeaten 45 was more assured and clinical (and more relevant to the prevailing narrative, given his controversial, eve-of-tournament call-up at the expense of Tim Gruijters). But the intent shown by Borren set all that up. It showed he believed it could be done and it led the rest to believe it too; in other words, a most inspirational kind of captaincy.Binod Bhandari, 51 not out v Papua New Guinea, Sharjah, 2013 Cheering in the press box is a no-no. Sometimes, though, it happens unexpectedly and instinctively. Bhandari once prompted one such random paroxysm. It was the 30th match of the World T20 qualifier, at a neutral venue in the desert. I was there for a feature on two great hopes for the ICCs development programme.With his side struggling in the chase, Bhandari arrived to the rescue. At one stage, facing Willie Gavera, the PNG fast bowler, he crouched, poked his hands out in front of him, extended his bat outwards and scooped the ball inches over his forehead. He looked like a tortoise withdrawing into its shell.There was enough pace to propel the ball over the wicketkeepers head - and 30 yards over the boundary, smack into the wall behind the sightscreen. It was sublime skill, the type with which Associate players are rarely credited, and well worth celebrating.That was just one - albeit the most memorable - of six sixes in a blistering effort that ultimately took Nepal a step closer to the big time. Mohammed Naveed, 17 v South Africa, Wellington, 2015 Even Brendon McCullum was not quite as much fun to watch as Naveed at the 2015 World Cup.Naveed owes his technique with both bat and ball to tape-ball cricket, which he played on the streets of the quiet, coastal town of Fujairah before his friends coaxed him into trialling for UAE.The side was marmalised by India in Perth. Naveed didnt care. First ball he faced, with UAE 61 for 7, he slogged Ravindra Jadeja for six. In similarly dire circumstances against West Indies in Napier, he waited till the second ball to hit one.His most fulfilling effort, though, was against South Arica. Eric Hollies is said to have predicted his second-ball castling of Bradman in 1948. Six weeks ahead of the World Cup, in a goal-setting meeting with coach Aaqib Javed, Naveed forecast he would hit Dale Steyn for six at the World Cup. Aaqib loved his spirit - notwithstanding the fact Naveed was veering away from his primary job as pace spearhead. And he made good on it, too, smacking Steyn 15 rows back into the yellow seats at cow corner. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz