Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

12.06.2019 14:17
aquin Benoit finished a combined five-hitter, earning his fifth save. Scherzer, whos fanned at least six in ea Antworten

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- A new NCAA rule change is catching some recruits by surprise while causing coaches to debate how much time they should spend on social media.Under the change that took effect last week, athletic department staff members are allowed to retweet or show their approval of social media posts made by recruits. The policy change has been nicknamed Click, Dont Type because coaches still arent allowed to add any sort of comment to a recruits post.NCAA spokeswoman Emily James said the Mid-American Conference proposed the rule change.Kristin Williams, the MACs associate commissioner for institutional services, said the original idea from the leagues coaches was a complete deregulation of social media usage. Williams said the idea was modified to the proposal that eventually passed because of administrative concerns that the initial recommendation would turn into an absolute free-for-all.Many coaching staffs wasted no time capitalizing on the new policy. Tennessee football coach Butch Jones smiled and shook his right hand to jokingly symbolize how tired it had become from all the retweeting.Were going to use it the best we can and not let it interfere with our current team or anything like that, Jones said. I had to have my thumbs popped out a little bit.Some prospects were caught off guard by the rule change.Knoxville Catholic teammates Amari Rodgers and Cade Mays said they were unaware of the new policy until they noticed college coaches had retweeted some of their posts. Although they already have made their college choices -- Rodgers has committed to Clemson and Mays to Tennessee -- both said they could see how a retweet from a coach or staffer might affect an uncommitted recruits decision.It would be cool to see a coach retweet one of your tweets or favorite one of your tweets because you know theyre looking at you and seeing what you put on social media, said Rodgers, a 2017 receiving prospect.Of course, that assumes the coaches are the ones actually doing the retweeting rather than delegating the responsibility.Im sure they feel pretty good when a college guy is retweeting their stuff, but is it really the (coach) or are they putting someone else in charge of handling that stuff? said Murfreesboro (Tennessee) Oakland High coach Kevin Creasy, whose team includes two seniors who have committed to Southeastern Conference schools. I dont know a lot of Division I head coaches sitting around that have time to retweet what a 16-year-old is putting out there. I feel like maybe its helping our unemployment rate go down because somebodys being hired to do that.Different coaches have responded differently to the new policy.Mississippis Hugh Freeze said he personally didnt plan to retweet any posts from prospects, though a scan of social media accounts shows that some of his assistants have done so.I think thats a poor reason to choose a school, because a coach retweeted something, Freeze said. Im not going to partake in that. Some of my coaches may, and I havent instructed them one way or another on it. I could end up doing it, but Im indifferent today.But Tennessees staff was particularly active on social media as soon as the rule change took effect. Jones and his assistants immediately retweeted hundreds of posts from prospects, including some tweets in which recruits announced they had received offers from Tennessee or had committed there.Its kind of a great way to start your morning off, Jones said. Or at night, its kind of my mental escape a little bit from football.The move already is paying off for recruits in at least one respect. Mays, a junior offensive lineman, cited the effect of having one of his posts retweeted by Jones.I think I got 250 followers the first hour, Mays said.---AP Sports Writer David Brandt in Oxford, Mississippi, contributed to this report. Larry Doby Jersey Large . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Jim Thome Jersey Large . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. http://www.customindiansjersey.com/ . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Eddie Robinson Jersey Large . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. Custom Kenny Lofton Jersey . First off, the fans ripped the Cubbies introduction of a fuzzy new kid-friendly mascot named "Clark".ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Max Scherzer is getting as good at deflecting attention from his accomplishments as he is at shutting down opposing hitters. The Detroit right-hander became the first pitcher to win 12 consecutive decisions to begin a season in 27 years on Friday night, riding a pair of home runs by Miguel Cabrera and a mammoth shot by Prince Fielder to beat the Tampa Bay Rays 6-3 and take over the major league lead in victories. "Its really nice to be 12-0," said Scherzer, who allowed three runs, four hits, walked one and struck out nine in seven innings to become the first pitcher in Tigers history to win his first 12 decisions. "Im pitching well, but the reason Im 12-0 is because of my offence," he added. "You got to see firsthand today the best player in the game hitting two home runs on three pitches and going 4 for 4. And Prince hits a bomb. Its the offence that set me up." Scherzer became the first in the majors to begin a season with at least 12 straight victories since Roger Clemens did it on the way to starting 14-0 with the Boston Red Sox in 1986. Hes 2-0 with a 2.57 ERA and 18 strikeouts in two wins over Tampa Bay this season. "Hes just good. Hes got a little of that whiffle ball look from the side, where the ball is jumping all over the place," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Then he gets the velocity when he wants it. Theres a reason why hes 12-0. Hes very good." It helps to have Cabrera in the middle of the lineup. The 2012 AL MVP went 4 for 4 and drove in three runs, boosting his major league-leading batting average to .377 with 24 homers and 81 RBIs, also tops in the big leagues. He hit a two-run homer in the first inning off Alex Colome (1-1) to extend his hitting streak to a season-best 13 games, then added a solo shot off the rookie for a 3-0 lead in the fourth. Cabrera also singled in the sixth, giving him three of Detroits four hits off Colome. Fielder doubled in the fourth, tagged up and hustled to third base on Victor Martinezs fly ball to right and eventually scored on a wild pitch to make it 4-0 before the Rays gradually climbed back into the game. Ben Zobrist and Wil Myers hit solo homers for Tampa Bay. Luke Scotts RBI double trimmed Scherzers lead to 4-3 in the seventh. "All I thought about is winning today. My personal record is more a reflection of the team," Scherzer said. "I dont get caught up in the win-loss record because its kind of fluky. Yesterday Doug (Fister) goes seven innings, one run and gets a no-decision. I got six and (allow) three and get a win, so thats why its a fluky stat." Cabrera doubled off Kyle Farnsworth in the eighth for his fourth hit. Fielder gave the Detroit bullpen some breathing room when he followed with his first homer since June 4, a towering two-run shot off Cesar Ramos that struck one of the catwalks that support the roof at Tropicana Field.dddddddddddd The Rays estimated Cabreras home runs travelled 388 and 432 feet. Fielders drive, which bounced off the catwalk and rolled back toward the infield, was estimated at 414 feet. Cabrera, who leads the majors in hits and RBIs and is second behind Baltimores Chris Davis in home runs, was asked how far Fielders homer might have gone if it hadnt hit something. "Miami," Cabrera said. "It was very far. It was impressive." Al Alburquerque and Drew Smyly worked a scoreless eighth for the Tigers. Joaquin Benoit finished a combined five-hitter, earning his fifth save. Scherzer, whos fanned at least six in each of his 16 starts this season, retired 11 in a row before Zobrists first-pitch drive to right with two outs in the fourth. The closest the Rays had come to getting a hit up until then was Evan Longorias second-inning grounder over the mound that Omar Infante ran down behind second base before making an off-balance throw to first for the out. Longoria was removed from the game following that inning. The Rays later announced he irritated plantar fasciitis in his right foot, which has bothered him for the past month. Maddon said Longoria, who has 17 homers and 47 RBIs, will not play Saturday and is doubtful for Sunday. "A little bit tender in the foot area. We have to wait for it to calm down (Saturday) to make a better evaluation," the Tampa Bay manager said. "Of course Im concerned, but I dont know the level yet until I get more information." Notes: Reigning AL Cy Young winner David Price will rejoin Tampa Bays rotation Tuesday night at Houston. The left-hander went on the disabled list for the first time in his career May 16 with a strained left triceps. He made two minor league rehab starts with Class A Charlotte and said he felt good after a bullpen session Friday. The Rays have gone 21-20 while hes been on the DL. ... The Tigers recalled reliever Bruce Rondon from Triple-A Toledo. To make room on the roster, reliever Evan Reed was optioned to Toledo. Detroit manager Jim Leyland said Rondon was not "brought back as a closer." Instead, Benoit will get most save opportunities. ... Rays RHP Alex Cobb, who was struck in the right ear by a ball hit by Kansas Citys Eric Hosmer on June 15, played catch during batting practice. ... Tigers RHP Anibal Sanchez (right shoulder strain) will make a 60-pitch rehab start Monday, probably for Class A Lakeland . . . Leyland plans to rest RF Torii Hunter on Saturday night ... Leyland, who will manage the AL All-Star team, said he will not use any pitcher who starts a game on the preceding Sunday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz