Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

13.06.2019 07:11
t refuses to open the door, even now, to the possibility that victims of abuse could be telling the tr Antworten

DETROIT -- Just about everything is going wrong for manager Brad Ausmus and the Detroit Tigers.Struggling Anibal Sanchez turned himself around and took a no-hitter into the seventh inning, but two of Detroits three key relievers allowed homers and the Kansas City Royals rallied for a 4-1 victory and a three-game sweep of the Tigers on Wednesday night.Detroit scored in the second inning on Victor Martinezs homer but didnt bring home any of their next 11 baserunners. The Tigers hit into two double plays and stranded nine while they lost for the eighth time in 10 games.The Tigers also lost outfielder Tyler Collins after he was hit in the knee with a 99 mph pitch by Yordano Ventura. Detroit already has three everyday starters on the disabled list along with two members of their starting rotation.Im not whining -- we have to come out and win a game tomorrow, Ausmus said. They came up with big hits late tonight and we didnt. That was the difference.Sanchez was the one bright spot, especially after allowing eight runs in four innings in his previous start. He struck out six and walked two Wednesday.Thats as good as Ive ever seen Anibal Sanchez throw the ball, Royals manager Ned Yost said. I had seen what he had done in his last start, but I know that when hes on, he has ridiculous command of his fastball and a phenomenal changeup. Thats what he had tonight.Sanchez agreed.Today, everything was coming out good, he said. I felt good all game, and I just wanted to keep the score at 1-0. I wasnt thinking about the no-hitter.Eric Hosmer, though, ruined Detroits night with his last three plate appearances.He walked in the fifth inning to break up Sanchezs perfect game, doubled in the seventh to end Sanchezs no-hit bid, then hit a tie-breaking two-run homer in the ninth.I dont think weve swept a series here in my career -- we havent even won more than a couple, Hosmer said. Ive been struggling for about a month now, but it has started to come around, and tonight felt really good.Justin Wilson replaced Sanchez for the eighth with a 1-0 lead and allowed a tying homer to Alex Gordon on his first pitch.In the ninth, Shane Greene (2-3) allowed a one-out single to Lorenzo Cain before Hosmers line drive into the right-field stands. Drew Butera added an RBI single later in the inning.I made a bad pitch to a good hitter, Greene said. It was a cutter and I tried to get too perfect with it. It happens.Matt Strahm (1-0) got his first career win with 1 2/3 scoreless innings of relief, and Kelvin Herrera pitched the ninth for his sixth save.The Royals didnt come close to getting a runner in the first four innings, but Hosmer and Gordon both drew walks in the fifth.Sanchez got through the inning without a hit, but was already at 80 pitches, and he came into the game having allowed a 1.080 OPS after his 75th pitch.Sanchez got through the sixth on eight pitches, then retired the first two batters in the seventh without trouble, but Hosmer lined a first-pitch curveball into the left-center field gap to end the drama.TRAINERS ROOMTigers: Miguel Cabrera returned after sitting out Tuesdays loss with a strained left biceps. He didnt look entirely comfortable, shaking his arm after swings, but hit a 112 mph groundball in the third inning, per Statcast. ... Ausmus said Collins is expected to miss a few games. The Tigers optioned outfielder Steven Moya to Triple-A Toledo after the game, and are expected to call up a center fielder.FORGIVING FANSErick Aybar got a loud cheer from the Comerica Park crowd when he batted for the first time as a Tiger -- a change from his usual greeting in Detroit. In 2011, Aybar bunted to try to break up Justin Verlanders no-hitter in the eighth inning, drawing an angry response from both the Tigers ace and the fans.Verlander joked that the Tigers trading for Aybar on Tuesday made him glad he didnt retaliate.I told him I was going to hit him, but I never did, Verlander said. So that will make things easier in the clubhouse.UP NEXTRoyals: Kansas City returns home to start a four-game series with the Twins on Thursday night. Dillon Gee (4-6, 4.78) is scheduled to start against Minnesotas Tyler Duffey (8-8, 5.71).Tigers: Detroit plays Boston on Thursday in the first of a four-game series. Matt Boyd (4-2, 4.16) faces Clay Buchholz (4-9. 5.66) in a game being played during the afternoon because of a Detroit Lions exhibition game at nearby Ford Field in the evening. Custom Rangers Jerseys . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. Custom Rangers Jersey China . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. http://www.customnhlrangersjersey.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Custom Rangers T-shirts ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Custom Rangers T-shirts . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. This weekend, Tennessee commemorated the life of Pat Summitt at its football game. It was a moving halftime tribute to a coach who was tough, but whose tenure was cut short by illness. A gesture like that can be a powerful thing -- something to reinforce the ideals of a school and unite a college community.Sports can do that for us. It can be a prism to look at what we value and want to pass on to our children. And then there are moments when the games become more important than those values, and the pageantry makes a mockery of them.That happened twice this weekend as two college football programs opted to celebrate past football glory, even as that bygone success masked a corrosive culture and sexual abuse.Penn State went forward with its celebration of the 50th anniversary of former coach Joe Paternos first football game on Saturday, despite an outcry from those outside the community.Heres the problem. Paterno, before his death in 2012, might have known about former coach Jerry Sanduskys serial abuse of boys, allegedly at times on the Penn State campus. At least two witnesses have testified under oath that Paterno was told about the abuse.I dont want to hear about any of that kind of stuff. I have a football season to worry about, Paterno told the then 14-year-old boy. The boy later testified as an adult.What does it say about an administration and football culture that refuses to open the door, even now, to the possibility that victims of abuse could be telling the truth? Especially, when in this case, their claims have been repeatedly validated.Sandusky was convicted and is currently serving at least 30 years in prison. There is no argument that his crimes are real. Penn State does a disservice to the men and witnesses who live with the scars of that abuse by celebrating Paterno.The situation at Baylor is very different, but the independent Pepper Hamilton report details a culture that put football before character, and disregarded the experiences of women who came forward to report abuse. Two players were legally convicted, and head football coach Art Briles was fired.Yeet somehow, Briles was cheered as he attended an away game this weekend by the Baylor faithful.dddddddddddd. Yes, he could buy a ticket to a game on his own, but why didnt the Baylor administration ask him not to attend?Had Briles felt true culpability as expressed in an interview with Tom Rinaldi, he might not have felt entitled to show up as the lawsuits and investigations are still playing out. There are multiple women suing the school -- a suit the school is seeking to have dismissed.The Rice marching band spelled out IX during one formation during Saturdays halftime, referring to the Title IX violations that the school might incur with alleged violations of student rights. Some people considered this offensive, but really, its not nearly as offensive as the allegations in the Pepper Hamilton report -- or the legal findings in criminal cases involving Sam Ukwuachu and Tevin Elliott.But its more convenient to get offended by the act of pointing out behavior than it is to acknowledge the offensiveness of the behavior itself. Asking the band not to spell out IX harkens back to the days when off-the-field meant something wasnt fair game. But thats not the case anymore.ESPN broadcaster Adam Amin actually used the opportunity to discuss the situation at Baylor, including details, and was careful to say that none of the current players on the field are culpable for all the sins of the program. It was a particularly informed and well-done moment.Can you imagine what a game-changer it would be if each broadcast offered the potential for that discussion, when relevant? Schools might work harder to make sure that expectations were high and penalties were enforced, rather than business as usual.Baylor and Penn State, given the optics of the weekend, prefer the golden-hued past to this new reality. Support for Paterno and Briles shows just how stubbornly insulated a college community can be, and how easy it is to ignore the victims in the wake of the cheers. ' ' '

New Games »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz