Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

14.06.2019 08:09
top competitors in the NFC North have been floundering.Its an opportunity for the Lions to win their first d Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Cate and Bronte Campbell are quite the sister act.The Australian swimmers are both leading medal contenders heading into the Rio Olympics, though they quickly point out this isnt one of those sibling rivalries from the Serena vs. Venus Williams mold, the kind that stirs mixed emotions when they inevitably face each other for the same prize.Its very different (than) Venus and Serena because were not playing against each other on the tennis court, Bronte Campbell said Tuesday. Were swimming in a swimming pool against six other people in the race. Im not really racing against Cate. Im racing against myself and trying to do my best race.Still, they are keenly aware of just how remarkable it would be to stand on a medal podium together.Look, its an incredibly special thing just to be competing in an Olympic Games together, Cate said. In 2012, after we qualified for the team together in the 50 freestyle, we both knew that we had achieved something great just by qualifying for the team.Now, look where they are.Twenty-two-year-old Bronte is the reigning world champion in the 100-meter freestyle, but 24-year-old Cate is the Olympic favorite after setting a world record of 52.06 seconds just last month.The dazzling performance caught everyone off guard, no one more than Cates little sister.Bronte described herself as a little bit astounded, before going on to say, It wasnt something that we thought was going to happen. I certainly didnt expect it to happen. Our coach didnt. Cate didnt. I couldnt believe that it happened. I wasnt even at the pool when it happened. I got a phone call about it. I thought my dad was joking.Even though Cate is riding high at the moment, she knows nothing is automatic at the Olympics.In her first trip to the games, at the tender age of 16, Campbell captured her only individual medal -- a bronze in the 50 free -- and also helped the Aussies take bronze in the 4x100 free relay. But she didnt even make the final in the 100 free at Beijing.Four years ago in London, Cate was stricken by pancreatitis and had to withdraw from the 100 free. She did manage to compete in the 50 but was eliminated in the semifinals. The highlight was being part of the gold medal-winning team in the 4x100 free relay, an event the Aussies are again favored to win in Rio -- especially with Bronte now part of the mix.Im almost more excited to race with Bronte in the 4x100 freestyle relay, Cate said. That will be a really great night.Bronte agreed.Weve always really enjoyed racing together against the rest of the world, not necessarily against each other, she said.The younger sister also was eliminated in the semifinals of the 50 free at London, but Bronte really began to carve out her own niche at last years world championships in Kazan. She swept the 50 and 100 free, and joined Cate on the winning 4x100 free relay squad.Not surprisingly given that showing, Bronte isnt conceding anything to her older sibling.Its all about what happens at the final, whos the fastest on that night, Bronte said. Cate is swimming well. I see her training every day. I know what shes capable of. Breaking a world record is an amazing thing. Im really proud of her for doing it. But it doesnt really change anything for me.Cate insisted she is merely focused on herself, not what her little sister is doing.No one is going to be more upset if I dont perform than myself, the older sister said. I cant speak for anyone else on the team, but its a very individual and a very selfish sport. Ive kind of just shrug off all the other expectations because, in the end, its down to me. The rest of it doesnt matter.Deep down, both sisters have surely had dreams of standing together on the Rio podium, arm in arm, each with a medal around her neck. But they have to keep it buried, to ensure theyre both focused on what really matters.They may be sisters, but theyll merely be two swimmers chasing the same thing when they take the starting block in Rio.It would be great, Cate said. But for me, its about executing a good race, and hoping that Bronte does the same thing. I cant control what anyone else does in the field, especially what Bronte does. I have to focus on what I can do.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry . Wholesale Custom Thunder Shirts . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Thunder Jerseys China . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. http://www.customthunderjersey.com/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Custom Ray Allen Jersey . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Custom Thunder Jerseys . Deulofeu injured a muscle in his right leg in Evertons 4-1 win over Fulham in the English Premier League on Saturday. Barcelona says that its team doctors will "co-ordinate" with Evertons medical staff as Deulofeu recovers. ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions are alone in first place, and their top competitors in the NFC North have been floundering.Its an opportunity for the Lions to win their first division title since 1993 -- but their outlook could change awfully quickly if the next few weeks go badly.Confidence is building, but one thing we know about the league is, it will humble you, defensive lineman Kerry Hyder said.The Lions play three of their next four games on the road, starting this weekend at New Orleans. With road games against the New York Giants and Dallas also coming up, there are plenty of potential pitfalls awaiting a Detroit team that is in this position only because of its success in close games.The Lions (7-4) havent had a game decided by more than seven points all season. Theyve won enough of them to take a one-game lead over Minnesota in the division, and Detroit has the tiebreaker over the Vikings after sweeping them. But the Lions have room for improvement in all phases.Like anything else in our system, we can get better, coach Jim Caldwell said. We can get better defensively. We can get better offensively. We can get better in our kicking game.Detroit has had its share of chances recently to end its division title drought. In 2011, the Lions won their first five games, but they finished 10-6, well behind Green Bay. In 2013, the Lions were 6-3 and in sole possession of first place. The Packers were dealing with major injury problems, but Detroit lost six of its last seven games, costing coach Jim Schwartz his job.The following season, the Lions went 11-5 but lost a showdown at Green Bay in a regular-season finale that decided the division.Detroit has won siix of its last seven after beating Minnesota on Thanksgiving , and the Vikings have dropped five of six.dddddddddddd Green Bay is below .500. If the Lions win two of their remaining five games, that might be enough to keep them in first place. They have home games against Chicago and Green Bay still to come.The road games will be tough, though, starting with Sunday at New Orleans.Obviously Drew (Brees) has been one of the best quarterbacks in the league for a long time, pretty prolific. Those guys have been together, Caldwell said. Hes been in the same system.The Saints (5-6) arent in great shape in the playoff race, but unlike Minnesota, New Orleans has been playing fairly well lately . The Saints have won five of eight since an 0-3 start.New Orleans has scored at least 32 points in six of its 11 games. Detroit has reached that total only once.They have a powerful offense, Hyder said. They can run the ball well, they can throw the ball deep well. As a defense, weve got to bring our lunch pails.Game notes TE Brandon Pettigrew, who tore his left anterior cruciate ligament late last year and hasnt played at all this season, spoke for a bit in the locker room Monday. He did not rule out the possibility of returning this weekend. Well see where it goes. Im not going to say for certain, he said. ... The Lions signed TE Logan Thomas to the practice squad and released LB Brandon Chubb from the practice squad.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz