Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

17.06.2019 07:08
from the edge of the crease and passed it to Marchand, who fired a wrister that hit off Lehners mask and Antworten

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Olympic gold medalist Tommie Smith, whose raised-fist salute on the medal stand at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics was seen as a flash point in the civil rights movement, will light the Al Davis torch in memory of the late Oakland Raiders owner before Monday nights game at Mexico Citys Estadio Azteca against the Houston Texans.The torch is lit before every game, and this time, it will shine in Mexico City. It will only be Smiths second trip to Mexico City since those 1968 Summer Games, and he will travel with the team on its flight there.This is a very, very historic moment for me, Smith told ESPN.com on Wednesday. To do it for the Raiders, I have a lot of respect for the things that they do. The Raiders have always been out in front in terms of change. They were always called a renegade team. But look what the renegade team brought to light.Tom Flores was the first Latino head coach to win a Super Bowl, with the Raiders. The team also hired the first African-American coach in Art Shell, as well as the first female CEO in Amy Trask.This feels like its come full circle, Smith said.Raiders owner Mark Davis said that Smith lighting the torch in Mexico City was not a move motivated by politics, but rather, he said, Smith was a hero of his since his protest 48 years ago.When Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists, it touched me, Davis said. A 13-year-old kid growing up in the Bay Area, which was a hotbed of all kinds of things. We had Peoples Park. The Black Panthers. The Hells Angels. Berkeley had Telegraph Avenue and San Francisco had the Haight. So it was a hotbed of social activism, and then there was the war in Vietnam.It felt like it was the right time and the right moment and it fell in place. It was awesome, and it will always be a moment that will stick with me.Davis asked Smith this spring to light the torch in memory of his father. The torch has been lit by former players -- including Bo Jackson, Jim Plunkett and Hall of Famers Marcus Allen, Howie Long and John Madden -- representatives of military branches and local law enforcement, as well as actress Ann-Margret, who is family friend.Smith, who ran track at San Jose State and played briefly in the AFL as a receiver with the Cincinnati Bengals in 1969, has come back into the spotlight in recent weeks with the likes of Colin Kaepernicks protest during the national anthem.Athletes using the First Amendment to voice their opinion for social change, Smith said, has come a long way.I had a responsibility, Smith said, and I still do. To do this for someone like Al Davis and the Raiders is the pinnacle of what I believe in. Warriors Jerseys China . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Custom Tim Hardaway Jersey . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. http://www.customwarriorsjersey.com/ . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. Authentic Custom Warriors Jersey . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. Cheap Custom Warriors Jersey . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. BOSTON -- The way Tuukka Rask is playing, the Boston Bruins just need a little bit of scoring from their top offensive players on the power play to be in good shape.They got both on Monday night.Rask rebounded from his first loss with 32 saves for his second shutout, Brad Marchand and David Krejci scored power-play goals in the second period, and the Bruins beat the Buffalo Sabres 4-0.David Pastrnak had a power-play goal and Riley Nash scored for the Bruins, who won for the fourth time in five games. Rask recorded his 32nd career shutout after losing 5-2 against the New York Rangers on Saturday. He improved to 7-1 this season.If you just look at the stats probably its got to be one of the best starts because I think usually the starts are the worst part of my season, Rask said.The Bruins allowed two short-handed goals on Saturday.Weve just got to keep taking it easy. I thought we did a better job of finding the seams at the net and jumping on those loose pucks and rebounds, said coach Claude Julien, who collected his 400th career victory with the Bruins.Robin Lehner made 38 saves for Buffalo, but he fell to 3-7-3 lifetime against Boston. It was just the Sabres second loss in six games.Following a scoreless opening period that lacked many quality scoring chances, the Bruins moved ahead on Marchands goal 5:44 into the second. Matt Beleskey got the rebound from the edge of the crease and passed it to Marchand, who fired a wrister that hit off Lehners mask and top of his stick before going into the net.Skating with a two-man, power-play advantage midway into the period, Boston increased its lead when Krejci one-timed a shot from the top of the left circle that slipped inside the left post for his first goal of the season.Weve got to keep our cool -- no matter whats going on out therre, Sabres captain Brian Gionta said.dddddddddddd Youve got to stay composed, whether youre mad at it or not and dont agree with it.Zemgus Girgensons was in the penalty box after getting a double-minor for high-sticking Beleskey, and defenseman Jake McCabe joined him for tripping and added to the Sabres trouble after getting a two-minute misconduct for banging the glass on his way into the box.It was tough to battle back from that, Buffalo center Ryan OReilly said of the 2-0 deficit.The Sabres had an excellent scoring bid after falling behind 1-0 and were still short-handed, but Rask robbed Gionta on a clean breakaway by making a blocker save on a backhander.Nashs shot from along the boards deflected in off defenseman Dmitry Kulikovs stick, making it 3-0 at 14:41. Kulikov banged his stick at the glass in frustration after the goal.Pastrnak scored on a rebound after Lehner mishandled Austin Czarniks shot from the point.Game notes Julien smiled and said of his milestone victory: Another number, I move on from those. Like I always say, its something I can cherish down the road. Right now Ive just got to keep plugging away. . Buffalo LW Tyler Ennis and Kulikov both missed the pre-game practice and were game-time decisions, but played. ... Bruins RW Jimmy Hayes was a healthy scratch for the second straight game. ... Former Boston University star and Hobey Baker award winner Jack Eichel hasnt played this season for the Sabres, missing his 12th game with a high ankle sprain.UP NEXTSabres: Host the Senators on Wednesday in a rematch from Saturday that Buffalo won 2-1 in Ottawa.Bruins: At Montreal on Tuesday for the second meeting between the longtime rivals. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz