Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 24 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

17.06.2019 07:08
derstanding of Wills genuine feelings about the game.I spent a lot of my time rinkside watching the four-pl Antworten

NEW YORK -- The Nets hit a wall in the third quarter and were finished off by John Wall in the fourth.Wall scored 25 points, including 11 in the final period, to help the Washington Wizards overcome a 15-point halftime deficit and beat Brooklyn 118-113 on Monday night.I was just being aggressive, Wall said. I missed some shots in the third quarter that I was mad about. But the defense was giving me shots and I had it rolling and I just kept making them.The Wizards trailed by as many as 16 points in the first half and 66-51 at halftime. However, Washington scored the first 13 points of the second half to pull within two points and went on to lead 83-81 after three quarters.The Nets committed 10 turnovers in the third quarter, when they have struggled all season.Our hands were active in that third quarter and that changed the game, said Wizards coach Scott Brooks. Brooklyn couldnt get into their offense. They were under duress to make that first pass, and that is what we have to do to start the game.Bradley Beals 3-pointer gave the Wizards a 107-106 lead with 3:27 left and Wall scored five consecutive points to up the advantage to 112-106.The Nets pulled within 116-113 on Sean Kilpatricks layup with 39 seconds left and had a chance to tie after Kelly Oubre Jr. missed a 3-point attempt with 19 seconds left. However, the Nets did not call a timeout and Beal stole the ball from Joe Harris, the Nets 22nd and final turnover of the game.Its one of those situations where we made a great defensive stop and Coach really wanted us to roll with it offensively, Harris said. He wasnt going to call anything in particular. Its just one of those unfortunate plays late in the game.Wall hit two clinching free throws with 5 seconds left.Beal and Otto Porter Jr. finished with 18 points apiece and Markieff Morris added 16 for Washington. Marcus Thornton scored 11 points, while Marcin Gortat and Oubre each had 10. Gortat also had 12 rebounds.It was all about effort, Beal said. In the first half we were horrible on defense. At halftime we were real disappointed in ourselves, so we did a good job of flipping the switch.Brook Lopez scored 25 and Kilpatrick had 21 for the Nets. Bojan Bogdanovic added 18 points and Trevor Booker had 14 points and 14 rebounds.Its just been the story of our season, Lopez said. I dont know what it is. I wish I had the answer, but its something we need to figure out.TIP-INS:Wizards: Washington has won the last four meetings against the Nets. The Wizards have not lost a game in the series since April 10, 2015. The Wizards swept the season series in two of the last three years and have won nine of the last 11, overall.Nets: Brooklyn has not won consecutive games this season. The last time the Nets put two victories together was March 24 and 26 last season.EMPTY NETSSince March 28 of last season, Brooklyn has posted a 5-25 record. That span has included losing streaks of 10 and seven games.HOME SWEET HOMEBeginning on Tuesday against Orlando, the Wizards will play six of their next seven games at home in the Verizon Center. Washington is 5-5 at home this season, but only 2-7 on the road.UP NEXTWizards: Washington hosts Orlando on Tuesday. The teams have already met twice this season. The Wizards lost 88-86 on Nov. 5, but won the rematch 94-91 on Nov. 25.Nets: Brooklyn hosts Denver on Wednesday. The teams will play once more this season, on February 24 in Denver. The Nets have a five-game winning streak against the Nuggets. Custom Johnny Bower Jersey . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Maple Leafs Jerseys China . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.custommapleleafsjersey.com/ . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Custom Maple Leafs T-shirts . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Cheap Custom Maple Leafs Jersey . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. As a parent, you wonder if your childs love of sports is real, enduring and deep. Especially as they grow, and the leagues and teams and coaches become more and more intense.Is playing sports just something we do? A routine?Is it his choice? Or am I pushing him, trying to impose my own experiences as an athlete?My 8-year-old son, Will, plays hockey, a sport that requires maturity, discipline and sacrifice from the beginning. Nothing is easy, from simply getting dressed to play under a mountain of pads to learning to stay on your feet on skates. There are the 7 a.m. ice times, the cold rinks, the long drives. You really have to want to be there.I signed up for Heartland Hockey Camp to see if my sons love for hockey was his own.Id read about Heartland in USA Hockey magazine. The camp in Deerwood, Minnesota, is 80 acres of hockey heaven in a rustic setting. The ice rink features a giant video screen and classrooms, and there are lots of off-ice activities -- like a miniature golf course, bonfire pit and water slides -- among the weight room, dorms and dining hall. Its all run by Steve Jensen, a 1976 U.S. Olympian and former NHL player who works to make the camp accessible for anyone who loves the game and wants to get better. He sets a positive tone with an emphasis on fun while working to instill proper training, technique and discipline.But the most interesting element of that camp is that it is also built for parents. Parents are welcome to stay on site and can watch the kids train and play as much as they want. Or, they can read a book or go for a run. Parents can bunk with their athletes and share meals together.For me, going to camp was one part experiment, two parts opportunity to spend time with one of my favorite people on Earth. It was a sports parenting vacation in which Id get a better understanding of Wills genuine feelings about the game.I spent a lot of my time rinkside watching the four-plus hours of ice time each day. But it was also beautiful to linger at meals, spend time in the room or waalk the grounds knowing my son was with his group of mites.dddddddddddd It was a joy to see him make new buddies from around the country, to choose to go to extra skating sessions and to head to the lake in his free time.Will definitely grew up a little over the course of the week. He began to pay attention to the clock and get to sessions on time. He noticed what he was eating and considered the energy it would provide.On the second night, I asked him if he liked the camp, and he said, Yes, of course. I said on a scale of 1 to 10, what is it? He said, A 10! That rating didnt budge throughout the week. (Im sure the minigolf didnt hurt.) He got out of bed eagerly each day, he worked hard on his drills, he studied the game. All on his own.Midway through the week, I watched Will rise to the occasion right in front of Coach Jensen and conquer Heartlands Hardest Corner -- a complex drill with a maze of cones and backward crisscrosses that requires concentration and dexterity. Will beamed as he finished. He pumped his fist. I could see he was proud of his accomplishment.Being at hockey camp with my son let me see those moments closer than I would have at a typical practice. It brought me a sense of balance amid the seemingly breakneck race to excellence in youth sports. More importantly, Will came away happy. He made friends. He worked hard. He learned more about what it means to be an athlete. He connected with the sport in a new way.It was an affirmation. For both of us.Since we dove into the world of youth hockey, the tangled web of mites, peewees, squirts, bantams, 07s, 08s, 09s (and Double-A, Triple-A, on and on ... ) hasnt always made sense. Its a new language weve had to learn together. At times, its felt too intense, too soon.But now at least I know Will is playing for the right reason: He loves it.Laura Gentile is senior vice president, espnW and Womens Initiatives at ESPN. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz