Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

18.07.2019 16:15
on in the Storm line-up to face Cronulla last Antworten

TORONTO -- Vladislav Namestnikov, Nikita Kucherov, Evgeny Kuznetsov and Vladimir Tarasenko scored on consecutive shots and Sergei Bobrovsky made 42 saves as Russia beat Team North America 4-3 in a fast-paced, end-to-end game Monday night at the World Cup of Hockey.Russias offense came alive with four goals in a 6:14 stretch during the second period to chase North America goaltender Matt Murray, who stopped the first 15 shots he faced. Backup John Gibson only faced four shots and stopped them all.No. 1 draft pick Auston Matthews, Morgan Rielly and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored for North America (1-1), which outshot Russia 45-23. Bobrovsky was brilliant as Russia (1-1) bounced back from an opening loss to Sweden.We knew we cant lose the game, Russian captain Alex Ovechkin said. If we lose the game were obviously out of the tournament. Back to back, I think we played a solid second and our penalty-kill guys, Telegin, blocked the shots, Bobrovsky. You can see everybody sacrificing, and we get the result.The game was a showcase of the best of the sport, with firewagon hockey, plenty of goals and saves.The kids put on a show on an early shift as Matthews stole the puck from Ovechkin and Connor McDavid skated around Pavel Datsyuk to set up a 2-on-1 rush. Matthews finished it off for his first of what should be many goals at Air Canada Centre.Murray bailed out turnover after turnover by his teammates, including a couple from defenseman Seth Jones. North Americas defense had to fill several minutes with Aaron Ekblad out with an upper-body injury, replaced by Jacob Trouba.North Americas penalty kill worked like a charm and gave Murray a break, but the dam burst at even strength midway through the second period when Jones missed his whack at a loose puck. Namestnikov got the rebound, banked the puck off the post and Murrays skate and in, beginning the Russian onslaught.After Ovechkin clanked a shot off the post behind Murray, a wide-open Kucherov pounced on a loose puck to give Russia the lead. Within a few minutes, Kuznetsovs goal flying down the right wing and Tarasenkos from the left faceoff circle made it 4-1 and ended Murrays night.Murray jammed his thumb in the second period, but coach Todd McLellan said that wasnt why he was pulled. He called the goals allowed team goals because North America lost its way for 10 minutes.I thought we were hesitant, McLellan said. We looked slow and thats not the way we play.Once North America got its composure and the puck back, it continued to bombard Bobrovsky with shots. Rielly scored late in the second period and Nugent-Hopkins early in the third. It failed to score on an extended 5-on-3 power play and couldnt beat Bobrovsky on 6-on-4 in the final minute with Shayne Gostisbeheres shot hitting the post as time ran out.Thats not the way to play the Russians, but I thought we did a good job of responding and really making a game of it, McDavid said.North America wraps up round-robin play Wednesday against Sweden, while Russia faces Finland on Thursday.---Follow Stephen Whyno on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/SWhyno .Jameson Taillon Pirates Jersey . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Starling Marte Pirates Jersey . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. http://www.pittsburghpiratesprostore.us/Francisco-Cervelli-pirates-jersey/ . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. Adam Frazier Jersey . Meanwhile, there were huge victories for Sunderland and West Ham over fellow relegation rivals, leaving the battle to avoid the drop up for grabs with the bottom 11 teams separated by just six points. Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres scored second-half goals to seal a fourth straight victory for Chelsea, which climbed above Arsenal and Manchester City in the standings ahead of their games on Monday and Sunday respectively. Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed.With a new NRL deal signed and a minor premiership sealed, Melbourne centre Cheyse Blair is riding high heading into their qualifying final against North Queensland.Blair was a late inclusion in the Storm line-up to face Cronulla last Saturday night - with coach Craig Bellamy describing his recall as a gut feeling.It paid off in spades with Blair scoring a try in each half to set up the emphatic victory to win the minor premiership.Having just signed a two-year deal to stay in Melbourne, Blair said the match was the biggest of his 88-game career, which has featured stints at Parramatta and Manly before joining the Storm this season.It was a big game and Im stoked I got to be a part of it and crossed the line for two tries, the 24-year-old said.Its a pretty good feeling but this week is a whole new ball game.It almost didnt happen with Ryan Morgan named in the centres before Bellamy decided Blair - with his 194cm, 100kg frame - was the man.I just had a gut feeling I should put him in and that worked out so hopefully Chheyse can play another 80 minutes like that for as long as were in it, Bellamy said.ddddddddddddHes a big and strong guy and if he keeps his mind on the job hes hard to handle.Blair was stung by his axing after their round-23 loss to Canberra and said he was determined to make the most of another opportunity.He said he valued Bellamys honest approach to his players.Craigs very honest and straight up and if you dont do your job youll get left out, he said.I still came in and trained hard and prepared the same as I would every week to try and get that spot back and Im glad I did.The Storm have beaten the Cowboys twice this season but after tasting defeat in their preliminary final at AAMI Park last year are on guard for anything from the defending champions on Saturday night.Weve beaten them twice this year but theyre a very good side and theyve hit their straps last three weeks, Blair said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz