Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 100 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

19.07.2019 00:16
when the defense scored two touchdowns Antworten

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Shelton Mitchell scored a career-high 18 points and grabbed five rebounds Sunday as Clemson defeated Alabama 67-54.Alabama (5-5) narrowed Clemsons lead to 11 points or less three times over the final 12 minutes. Clemsons Gabe Devoe responded by sinking 3-pointers the first two times to maintain the double-digit advantage for the Tigers (8-2).Fellow Tiger, Avry Holmes only points in the second half came on a 3-pointer that followed Devoes, a sequence that both coaches felt was critical in the game.It was big. Thats what you got to do in road games, Clemson coach Brad Brownell said. Make big shots, you know the home teams going to make a run or two.That big shot didnt fall the third time Devoe took one from behind the arc to secure Clemsons double-digit lead, and Alabama cut the lead down to nine points for the first time during the second half.Clemson held on, responding to the Crimson Tides late 7-0 run with a layup from Mitchell who also sank four free throws over the final minute of the game.Devoe finished with 11 points to join Mitchell in double figures for Clemson.Brownell said his teams defense wasnt up to his expectations in Clemsons game on Tuesday against SC State, but he thought it was a difference maker today, especially in the first half.I just think we kept them to one shot was a big thing, and I thought our guys were locked in, Brownell said. We had some time to get ready from our last game so we prepared very well. I thought our individual defense was pretty good.Avery Johnson Jr. came off the bench for the Crimson Tide to score a career-high 17 points. He was the only Alabama player to finish in double figures.We told our guys hes a great layup maker and thats a skill a lot of guards dont have, being able to make shots over top of shot-blockers and big guys when you make penetration, Brownell said.The Crimson Tide outrebounded the Tigers 37-32 thanks in large part to the efforts of Donta Hall and Dazon Ingram who grabbed seven and six respectively.BIG PICTUREAlabama: The Crimson Tide was unable to overcome a first half that saw the team miss 11 straight shots from the floor and must now win one of the teams next two games to avoid starting Southeastern conference play under .500.Clemson: The Tigers overcame a sluggish start of their own to get revenge for last years 51-50 loss to the Crimson Tide and extended the teams current winning streak to six games with the victory.UP NEXTAlabama: The Crimson Tides tour of its home state continues with a trip to Huntsville, Alabama to face Arkansas State on Wednesday.Clemson: The Tigers can earn their second straight win against SEC competition with a road victory over rival South Carolina on Wednesday.HE SAID IT: Alabama coach Avery Johnson on taking care of the basketball: Like I tell our guys all the time. Think about your closest family member. Youre not going to throw them away because you love them right? Just think about this, so value that ball just like you value your closest family member.QUICK COMPARE:Alabama: The Crimson Tide finished the night 3-of-20 beyond the arc and only made one of seven attempts taken in the final three minutes.Clemson: The Tigers finished the night 9-of-22 shooting 3s and made three of six shots taken behind the arc in the final 11 minutes of the game and attempted none in the final three minutes.Phil McConkey Womens Jersey . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Deandre Baker Youth Jersey . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Oshane-Ximines-Jersey/ . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Evan Engram Giants Jersey . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Julian Love Womens Jersey . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders are typically competitive teammates, eagerly comparing stats after Broncos games to boast about who collected more catches or gained more yards.While the Pro Bowl receivers also cheer each others successes, they even turn their celebrations into contests.When he scored his touchdown, he almost knocked me out, Sanders said. I almost caught a concussion because of chest bumping him. I didnt realize how strong he was.I cant help he weighs a buck-70, retorted Thomas , whos four inches taller and 50 pounds heavier than Sanders. Hes the one who wanted to do it. He pointed up in the sky, Im like, `Im winded.Thomas had just hauled in a 55-yard touchdown pass from Trevor Siemian on third-and-11 in the closing minutes that sealed Denvers 29-17 win Sunday at muggy Cincinnati.Thomas had chest-bumped Sanders after each of his two touchdown catches earlier in the game but he was suspicious of Sanders, figuring he was getting set up.I was thinking in my head that hes going to try to out-jump me, Thomas said. So Im not going to let him outjump me. So I jumped as hard as I could.Well, not quite.I jumped hard enough that he wouldnt outjump me, Thomas said, clarifying.Thomas and Sanders had both griped a week earlier about their dearth of catches, yards and touchdowns this season.They said their gripes stemmed not from selfishness but out of a sense of duty: they were embarrassed that Denvers defense was again leading the way like it did all last season. And heres two players with $92 million worth of contracts who hadnt set foot in the end zone in victories over Carolina and Indianapolis.Against the Bengals, the pair combined for 15 catches, 217 yards and three touchdowns.I think we can be dangerous, Sanders said. I think thats the reason our articles last week said that Demaryius and me were frustrated, obviously because we know the potential of this offense.Thomas said, I still dont know if it was frustration. It was just wanting our team to be better, especially on the offensive side. We just took advantage of opportunities. Coach called great plays and we just took advantage of them so that we can show everybody thaat we are the best duo in the game.dddddddddddd.Neither Sanders nor Thomas will shy away too far from the prima donna receiver label.Hey, one thing, I dont mind being a diva. I am a diva, Sanders said. I like winning ballgames, I like catching passes. Every wide receiver in the world likes to catch passes; every wide receiver in the world likes to put up points. After that game when the defense scored two touchdowns and youre looking and (Aqib) Talib has more touchdowns and ... were looking at ourselves and saying offensively that we have to step it up.They did.Sanders had nine catches for 117 yards and Thomas had six receptions for 100 at Cincinnati.Sanders scoffs at the notion that theres only room for one outsized personality in the wide receivers room in Denver.He suggested Thomas was a country diva. Im a Hollywood diva.Thats one point they wont argue about.Im from the country, Thomas said, I drive a Ford Raptor. Aint nothing wrong with that.Their rivalry is rooted in -- what else -- friendship and respect.We push each other every week to try to see who can be better, just to try to be the best that does it, Thomas said.Sanders said hes so wired to win that he cant even play a friendly game of Connect Four or pingpong without his competitive nature coming out.Thats why Thomas thought Sanders was setting him up.I think Emmanuel did it once, maybe two years ago, Thomas said. And ever since then I wont let nobody outjump me.Game notesThe Broncos (3-0) held two hat day practices in preparation for another muggy afternoon this weekend against the Buccaneers (1-2). The Tampa forecast calls for high temperatures and a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms. ... Ruled out for a second straight week are TE Virgil Green (calf) and RG Donald Stephenson (calf). They, along with OLB DeMarcus Ware (forearm), will make the trip after staying behind last week.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton . ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz