Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

24.07.2019 10:32
nd is well aware of the rivalry between the teams. Its a great win.Dennis Rasmussen, Brian Campbell, Nikla Antworten

PARIS -- Serena Williams thinks her best years may still be ahead of her at the age of 31. She overcame stubborn resistance from defending champion Maria Sharapova in the French Open final on Saturday to clinch her 16th Grand Slam title, beating the Russian 6-4, 6-4 and extending her own winning streak to 31 matches. "I want to go out in my peak. Thats my goal. But have I peaked yet?" Williams said. "I definitely want to continue my journey to get a few more." Williams has some way to go before retiring, then, and a long way to go to match Australian Margaret Courts 24 major titles. But she will catch Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert by the end of the year if she wins Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. That would then leave Helen Wills Moody (19), Steffi Graf (22) and Court -- who may just be a little too far off to catch. "I always said that I felt like I have never played my best tennis. I have said that for years, that I feel like I can always do better and play better," Williams said. "The day I feel that I cannot improve, its going to be a problem for me. Im going to have to debate whether I should keep playing. But I feel like as of know I can do a lot of things better." Williams certainly does not feel slower with age. "I have never felt so fit," she said. "If I see someone thats 31, Im like, Youre old. Then Im like, Im 31. But I dont feel it." Williams elation on clinching her second French Open title almost made up for her despondency felt in her shock first-round loss to 111th-ranked Virgine Razzano at Roland Garros last year. "Im still a little bit upset about that," Williams said. "If I lose all hell breaks loose, literally." It did teach her a lesson. "A champion isnt about how much they win but its about how they recover from their downs, whether its an injury or whether its a loss," she said. Both Sharapova and Williams started their careers with a bang, winning their first Grand Slams when they were 17: Sharapova a few months younger at Wimbledon in 2004 than Williams was at the U.S. Open in 1999. The 26-year-old Sharapova, who has won each of the four Grand Slams once, is unsure she will still be playing when she gets to Williams age. "If youre at that stage in your life where you still are motivated to go out and win tennis matches ... thats an amazing effort," Sharapova said. Sharapova was briefly on top: up 2-0, 40-15 early in the match -- but Williams took control. "Shes doing what shes always done extremely well, but shes just doing it on a much more consistent level," Sharapova said. "Shes always had a good serve." So good, in fact, that Sharapova said Williams has been "serving harder than David Ferrer when he gets to the final of Roland Garros." Williams had three aces in her last service game and 10 overall, compared to 2 for Sharapova. "I am not the tallest girl on tour," Williams said. "I use my height in a very effective way, and I use it to the fullest of my ability." Ferrer will have to do that, and raise every other aspect of his game, to have any chance of stopping Rafael Nadal winning his eighth French Open title in Sundays all-Spanish final. He has lost his past 16 matches to Nadal on clay. Sharapovas record against Williams is also terrible. Shes lost 13 consecutive times and won only three sets in those defeats. Unsurprisingly, she wants now wants to focus on where she feels most comfortable -- on grass. "I love all the tournaments that are coming up, especially Wimbledon," she said. "When I get to the grass I always feel that motivation." If they both reach the Wimbledon final, the roles will be reversed, with Williams as defending champion and Sharapova the challenger. Williams has a bit of extra motivation for Wimbledon. A win there would move her level for major titles with mens record holder Roger Federer -- providing he doesnt win there again. "Its so funny, I thought Roger had 16. But he has 17," Williams said. "How awesome would it be if I could do it at Wimbledon?" Rod Gilbert Jersey . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. Tie Domi Jersey . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/jaromir-jagr-hockey-jersey/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Filip Chytil Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Chris Kreider Jersey .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. ST. LOUIS -- ?? Vinnie Hinostroza picked a great time for his second NHL goal.Hinostroza scored the tiebreaking goal with 4:25 left in regulation to lead the Chicago Blackhawks to a 6-4 victory over the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night.Patrick Kane broke out of a 10-game goal-scoring drought as the Blackhawks won their fourth straight.Any time we can come in here and beat them in their own barn, its huge, said Hinostroza, who was born in Chicago and is well aware of the rivalry between the teams. Its a great win.Dennis Rasmussen, Brian Campbell, Niklas Hjalmarsson and Artemi Panarin also scored for the Blackhawks, and Scott Darling made 23 saves to improve to 9-2-2.Patrik Berglund scored twice for the Blues, who had recorded at least one point in each of their last 14 home games. Alex Pietrangelo and Kyle Brodziak also scored for the Blues, who fell to 13-2-3 at home.Hjalmarsson started the comeback by scoring in the first minute of third period to tie the score at 4-4.Hinostroza backhanded the go-ahead goal past Jake Allen for his second goal in 31 NHL games. Hinostroza had created several opportunities since his first goal on Nov. 19.Its been a while, but I feel like Ive been getting a lot of chances, Hinostroza said. It was great to see it hit the back of the net.Chicago coach Joel Quenneville was happy to see Hinostroza rewarded for his hard work.Vinnie has great timing at the net, Quenneville said. (Hes) a good finisher too.Panarin then added an empty-netter.Kane tied it 2-2 midway through the second period with his first goal since Nov. 26.Just to be positive, thats what Ive been telling myself, Kane said.dddddddddddd Play the game, not worry about games previously or anything like that. Just focus on the next game and be ready for that.Chicago leads the Western Conference and has an NHL-best 46 points.The Blues held four one-goal leads, but were unable to stop the third-period blitz.If we want to play with the top dogs, were going to have to play at a higher level, St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock said. They were better than we were in critical ice. They dialed it up.Berglund recorded his first two-goal game since Jan. 12 ?? a stretch of 68 games.This is very disappointing, Berglund said. Obviously, theyre a very good team. But we made a lot of mistakes.Allen had won eight in a row at home and lost for the first time in regulation at home this season.Chicago center Artem Anisimov left in the first period and did not return.The two teams will next meet in the Winter Classic on Jan. 2 at Busch StadiumGame notes Chicago G Corey Crawford missed his eighth straight game after undergoing an appendectomy on Dec. 3. He skated for the first time on Thursday. ... Chicago, St. Louis and Buffalo are the only teams in the NHL yet to score a short-handed goal this season. ... St. Louis D Brad Hunt, a healthy scratch, has four points in four games since being recalled on Dec. 8.UP NEXT:Blackhawks: Host San Jose on Sunday in the first of four straight home games.Blues: Host Edmonton on Monday in the finale of a three-game homestand. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz