Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

31.07.2019 04:14
gh the uprights, the Jayhawks poured off the sideline and into a jubilant pile with thousands of student Antworten

ENDICOTT, N.Y. -- It has been 33 years since the Champions Tour was born, and its newest champion is somebody special: 50-year-old rookie Bart Bryant is the tours 1,000th winner. Bryant, who shot a tournament record-tying 10-under 62 in the second round to build a four-shot lead, closed with a 72 on Sunday and finished at 16-under 200 to beat Russ Cochran (67) and Corey Pavin (69) by one shot. "It was a difficult day for me. I just never really felt settled," Bryant said, his family standing by his side. "I really didnt play great. Somehow, I managed to get it in. I think we all feel very blessed at the moment to pull this one out." It was a memorable moment for Bryant and the senior tour, which began in 1980 at the Atlantic City Country Club in Atlantic City, N.J. Don January, who won that first tournament, was on hand to congratulate Bryant and hand him the trophy. "We thought there might be a market for us old guys," the 83-year-old January said. "We was just interested in getting enough to make a living. There were a bunch of us guys in our late 40s and early 50s still trying to play the (PGA) tour and wasnt being very successful at it. Yet we felt like we could still play a little bit." The inaugural year consisted of four events. The purse at the Atlantic City Senior International was $125,000 and the total prize money for the season was $475,000. January took home $20,000. Bryant, whose best previous finish this season was a tie for fourth at the 3M Championship in his last start two weeks ago, pocketed $270,000 of the $1.8 million purse. "Truthfully, when we first started we had no idea how long it was going to last, or whether it would even be successful," January said. "We thought we had a pretty good product, but we werent sure of anything. I never thought in that realm of 1,000 tournaments. My god, thats forever. Its come a long way. Hopefully, it will get better." For, Bryant, who won in just his 14th start on the circuit, it was his first victory since winning the 2005 Tour Championship, ending a drought of 7 years, 9 months, 11 days. He also won the 2005 Memorial and the 2004 Valero Texas Open on the PGA Tour. That was before two surgeries on his left wrist relegated him to spectator status for nearly three years and left him wondering if hed ever play again, let alone win. "I dreamed about it. I envisioned it. I dont know if I believed it would happen, especially after I did the first surgery and it failed," Bryant said. "I dont know if I really bought into the belief that it could actually happen this quick." Bryant, who held the largest lead entering the final round of this tournament since its inception in 2007, vowed not to play conservatively because the narrow, tree-lined En-Joie Golf Club course was yielding lots of birdies under near-ideal conditions. Luckily for him, nobody made a winning surge on a day where pin placements made going real low somewhat more difficult. "I just made a lot of pars out there," Bryant said. "For some reason, I just wasnt going today with the putter. I dont know if I got a little nervous. I really struggled. Just lucky that nobody got real hot." The key to going low at En-Joie is to keep the ball in the fairway, and nobody did it better than Bryant over the first two rounds. He was a model of consistency, hitting 10 of 14 fairways each day and reaching all but two greens in regulation. Small wonder he was the only player in the field to avoid making a bogey the first two days. That consistency vanished with Bryants first shot Sunday as he hooked his drive at No. 1 into the left rough. He hit just 4 of 7 fairways and reached only five greens in regulation on the front nine. His errant shots finally caught up to him at the par-3 fourth hole when he overshot the green, pitched back past the hole and over a ridge well past the pin and made bogey. Pavin, alone in second at the start of the day, was unable to make putts that were there for the taking on the front and parred every hole. Four birdies and one bogey on the back side werent enough, his putt for birdie at the closing hole missing by inches. "I just couldnt get anything going," Pavin said. "Hats off to Bart. He made a lot of short putts that he needed to make, which are very hard to make under pressure." Cochran, six shots behind after two rounds, reached 13 under with three birdies in his first seven holes to move into second. He reached 16 under with three more birdies on the back, but bogeyed the closing hole and was left wondering what might have been after Bryant did the same. Bryant finally broke through with birdies at Nos. 8 and 9. He spun his third shot at the par-5 eighth hole to within 2 feet, eliciting a nice cheer from the gallery, and calmly sank a 10-foot putt at No. 9 to go 17 under. "That calmed me down a little bit and gave me a tad of breathing room," Bryant said. "All I really could do was stay patient. I just didnt have much of a game. I dont know if it was the nerves or what. I felt like that was my only chance, to stay patient and not force the issue and hopefully do something at the end to separate myself." He parred the next eight holes before bogeying 18, missing a terrific opportunity after driving to 7 feet at No. 17. "I probably have to get a lot stronger mentally," Bryant said. "Hopefully, this will propel me." Nike Shoes Wholesale China . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. Cheap Nike Shoes Online . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. http://www.cheapshoesnike.com/ . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Nike Shoes Clearance Sale . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Cheap Authentic Nike Shoes Wholesale . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. STARS-Christian McCaffrey, Stanford, ran for 284 yards and three TDs in a 45-31 win over California.-Sefo Liufau, Colorado, threw for 345 yards, rushed for 108 more and scored three TDs to help the No. 12 Buffaloes beat No. 20 Washington State 38-24.-Dalvin Cook, Florida State, ran for 225 yards and four TDs to become the Seminoles career rushing leader, and the 17th-ranked Seminoles beat Syracuse 45-14.-Zach Terrell, Western Michigan, passed for a career-high 445 yards and four TDs to help No. 14 Broncos remain undefeated with a 38-0 victory over Buffalo.-Joel Lanning, Iowa State, tied a school record with five rushing TDs and ran for 171 yards to help the Cyclones clobber Texas Tech 66-10.- Jalen Hurts, Alaba,a, passed for three touchdowns and ran for 68 yards to help No. 1 Alabama rout FCS team Chattanooga 31-3.-Deshaun Watson, Clemson, ran for two touchdowns and threw for another score and No. 5 Clemson wrapped up a spot in the Atlantic Coast Conference title game with a 35-13 win over Wake Forest.- Jake Browning, Washington, overcame a sluggish start to throw for 338 yards and two touchdowns in No. 7 Washingtons 44-18 victory over Arizona State.-Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee, accounted for five TDs and 413 yards in a 63-37 victory over Missouri.-Will Worth, Navy, rushed for 159 yards and four TDs in a 66-31 win over East Carolina.-Rico Dowdle, South Carolina, ran for 226 yards and TDs in a 44-31 victory over Western Carolina.-Trey Green, Prairie View, threw for 400 yards and five TDs in a 57-7 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.---BUCKEYES HOLD ONBefore Ohio State could move on to next weekends showdown with Michigan, the Buckeyes had to deal with a different nemesis.As usual, Michigan State gave Urban Meyers team all it could handle.Mike Weber ran for 111 yards and a touchdown, and No. 2 Ohio State held off Michigan State 17-16 after the upset-minded Spartans missed a 2-point conversion with 4:41 remaining.Ohio State can now focus on Michigan, but only after withstanding a spirited challenge from a Michigan State team that derailed the Buckeyes national title bbids in two of the previous three seasons.dddddddddddd---LONG-TIME COMINGMatthew Wyman may have booted Charlie Strong right out of Texas.The senior kicker for Kansas knocked through a field goal to force overtime, then drilled a 25-yarder in the extra session to send the Jayhawks to a 24-21 victory over the Longhorns -- one that just might end Strongs disappointing tenure on the 40 acres.The moment Wymans field goal went through the uprights, the Jayhawks poured off the sideline and into a jubilant pile with thousands of students. The win snapped a nine-game skid, a 19-game losing streak in Big 12 play and was their first over Texas since 1938.---NUMBERS5-Career punt returns for touchdowns by Georgias Isaiah McKenzie , breaking the school record. He also has a school-record six TDs on kick returns.50-Rushing touchdowns by Pittsburghs James Conner , breaking the previous mark set by N.C. States Ted Brown between 1975 and 1978. Conner now has 53 touchdowns in all, eclipsing the old ACC mark of 52 set by Wali Lundy of Virginia from 2002-05.51-Age of South Carolina States Joe Thomas Sr ., believed to be the oldest player to appear in a game in Division I history.69-Receptions by Tennessee Techs Dontez Byrd, breaking the school single-season record .---YALE TRICKERYA fake field goal. A surprise onside kick. Even some naked revelers in the Yale student section attempting to distract archrival Harvard.And the biggest trick of all from Yale in the 133rd edition of The Game : A 21-14 upset over the Crimson to end a nine-year losing streak in one of the oldest rivalries in sports and spoil Harvards chances of an unprecedented fourth straight Ivy League title.Harvard (7-3, 5-2 Ivy) needed a victory to clinch a share of the conference championship. The Bulldogs had little to play for except a chance to spoil Harvards season.Thats exactly what they did.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz