Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 29 mal aufgerufen
 Bilder
jokergreen0220 Offline

10.08.2019 05:47
BOSTON -- David Ortiz has racked up enough hits in his career to know how to remain positive during a rough stretch. [url=http:/ Antworten

BOSTON -- David Ortiz has racked up enough hits in his career to know how to remain positive during a rough stretch. David Justice Jersey . Now, it looks like everythings fine again with Big Papi. Ortiz continued his rebound from a miserable stretch with two hits and three RBIs, leading the Boston Red Sox to a 7-6 win over the Chicago White Sox Sunday that completed a sweep of their three-game series. "Everybody went crazy, but I said dont worry about me," he said of his recent slump. "Worry about me when I go to the plate without a baseball bat. Its been fine. It wasnt like my timing was totally off. It was one of those situations where you walk into it. It happens to everybody. I wasnt getting a hit. It wasnt like I was swinging like I didnt know what I was doing. It was one of those funks you walk into -- four, five, maybe six games." Ortiz is 5 for 9 with six RBIs since going hitless in his previous 23 at-bats. He needs two hits to become the 39th player in major league history with 2,000 hits, 400 homers and 1,400 RBIs. Manager John Farrell felt the sluggers cold spell turned around with key two-run single in the series opener Friday. "Yeah, just a matter of timing. Some things hes been working on early (in the day)," he said. "You can kind of pinpoint that two-run base hit the other night that has allowed him to relax a little bit and not over swinging the bat." Stephen Drew added a solo homer for the AL East-leading Red Sox, who won for the seventh time in eight games. Brandon Workman (4-2) got four outs in relief for the victory after starter Felix Doubront couldnt make it out of the fourth inning. Koji Uehara, the fifth Red Sox reliever, worked a perfect ninth for his 16th save. Tyler Flowers had a solo homer and Conor Gillaspie drove in two runs for the White Sox. "We have some young guys that are going to have to learn while theyre here," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said of his teams pitching woes the past two days. "Sometimes it doesnt look pretty. Youve got to be able to learn from it and keep going." Chicago lost 7-2 on Saturday night. Leading 5-4 in the fourth, the Red Sox scored a pair of runs against reliever Charlie Leesman -- one coming on a weird play at third. With Jacoby Ellsbury on third and one out, Dustin Pedroia hit a line drive that third baseman Gillaspie made what looked like a diving grab on, but the ball dropped out of his glove as he stretched trying to double-up Ellsbury. Gillaspie then got up and fired to first, bouncing one wild as the run scored and Pedroia advanced to second. Third base umpire Paul Nauert ruled that he dropped it before completing the catch. Ventura argued and was tossed by second base umpire Dana DeMuth. Ortiz followed with an RBI single, making it 7-4. "Obviously, I think I caught it," Gillaspie said. "Until I know that for sure, Im going to try to get the guy out at first running, too." Flowers homer cut it to 7-6 in the eighth. Boston had opened a 5-0 lead after three innings against starter Andre Rienzo (1-1) before the White Sox rallied back with four in the fourth, chasing Doubront. Doubront lasted just 3 2-3 innings, giving up seven hits and four runs, snapping Bostons streak of a starter allowing three runs or fewer at 11 games. It matched the longest by the team since 1988. The previous best was 12 in 1915. In the fourth, Jeff Keppinger had a sacrifice fly, Dayan Viciedo an RBI double and Gillaspie a two-run single. The White Sox had the bases loaded, but Workman struck out Leury Garcia to end the inning. Ortizs two-run double capped a four-run second after Ellsbury had a two-run single. Drews homer made it 5-0. Rienzo gave up five runs and five hits in three innings. NOTES: Red Sox RF Shane Victorino left the game with a bruised left hip after his at-bat in the sixth. ... Farrell loaded his lineup with left-handed and switch hitters, giving 1B Mike Napoli the day off. "Rest and keep everyone involved," he said. "A right-handers on the mound, get left-handers off the bench, and into todays game. Weve got three more righties coming the next series (against Detroit)." The Red Sox had six of their nine batters hitting from the left side against Rienzo. ... Jose Quintana (7-4, 3.66 ERA) is slated to face the New Yorks Phil Hughes (4-13, 4.91 ERA) Monday at Yankee Stadium. ... The Red Sox improved to a majors best 25-12 in day games. ... There was a 19-minute rain delay before the start. Deion Sanders Jersey . - Defensive end-linebacker Mike Neal apparently is returning to the Packers. David Justice Braves Jersey . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. http://www.baseballbravesproshop.com/john-smoltz-braves-jersey/ . Manager Ryan Nelsen has confirmed Brazilian No. 1 Julio Cesar will be rested for Wednesdays first leg of the semifinal. That opens the door for Bendik, who started 33 games for Toronto last season.Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Three-time reigning and four-time overall champion Novak Djokovic was a predictable second-round winner Wednesday at the Australian Open. The second-seeded former world No. 1 Serb closed out the day session at Rod Laver Arena with a 6-0, 6-4, 6-4 win over Argentine Leonardo Mayer. Djokovic popped 12 aces, committed only 11 unforced errors and didnt face a single break point on another scorching hot day in Melbourne. Next up for Djokovic, who has won his last 26 matches on tour, will be Uzbekistans Denis Istomin, who ousted 30th-seeded Russian Dmitry Tursunov by a 7-6 (7-3), 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 margin. Spaniard David Ferrer, Czech Tomas Berdych, Swiss Stan Wawrinka and Frenchman Richard Gasquet were also among the top-10 winners on Wednesday. The third-seeded Ferrer and seventh-seeded Berdych both dismissed Frenchmen at Hisense Arena, as Ferrer beat Adrian Mannarino 7-6 (7-2), 5-7, 6-0, 6-3 after Berdych topped Kenny De Schepper 6-4, 6-1, 6-3. Ferrer will face another Frenchman in Jeremy Chardy in the third round after the 29th-seeded Chardy downed Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopolov 7-5, 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (3-7), 7-6 (7-5). Berdychs next opponent will be Bosnian Damir Dzumhur, who moved on after Croat Ivan Dodig retired. Dzumhur fought back from two sets down and was leading 4-1 in the fourth set when the 32nd-seeded Dodig called it quits. There were eight retirements on the mens side in the first round. Meanwhile, the eighth-seeded Wawrinka downed Colombian Alejandro Falla 6-3, 6-3, 6-7 (4-7), 6-4 and the ninth-seeded Gasquet humbled former world No. 3 Russian Nikolay Davydenko 7-6 (7-3), 6-4, 6-4. Up next for Wawrinka will be rising Canadian Vasek Pospisil, while Gasquet will encounter Spanish veteran Tommy Robredo on Friday. German Florian Mayer took out 14th-seeded Russian Mikhail Youzhny 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3; 15th-seeded Italian Fabio Fognini held off Finnish veteran Jarkko Nieminen 7-5, 6-4, 3-6, 6-2; the 17th-seeded Robredo registered a 6-3, 6-7 (4-7), 6-1, 7-6 (8-6) win against Frances Julien Benneteau; 19th-seeded South African Kevin Anderson claimed a 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 victory over Austrias Dominic Thiem; 20th-seeded Pole Jerzy Janowicz fought back to best Spaniard Pablo Andujar 4-6, 7-6 (7-3), 7-6 (7-5), 6-3; American Sam Querrey cruised to a 6-2, 6-3, 6-4 upset victory over 23rd-seeded Latvian Ernests Gulbis; and the 28th-seeded Pospisil overcame Aussie Matthew Ebden 3-6, 7-6 (8-6), 7-6 (11-9), 6-1. Orlando Cepeda Jersey. Querrey fired 19 aces past Gulbis, saying he had "one of the best service days of my life" on Wednesday. One other second-round result saw Frances Edouard Roger-Vasselin notch a 7-6 (7-1), 6-4, 4-6, 6-1 victory over Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. The second round is scheduled to conclude on Thursday, as world No. 1 Rafael Nadal will take on 17-year-old Aussie Thanasi Kokkinakis, fourth-seeded three- time Aussie Open runner-up Andy Murray will tangle with Frenchman Vincent Millot, fifth-seeded former U.S. Open champ and last weeks Sydney titlist Juan Martin del Potro will face Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut, and sixth-seeded Swiss icon Roger Federer will be opposed by Slovenian Blaz Kavcic. Nadal is the reigning U.S. and French Open champion and captured an Aussie title in 2009, while Federer owns four Aussie titles among his mens-record 17 major championships. Also on Day 4, 10th-seeded former Aussie runner-up Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will battle Brazilian Thomaz Bellucci, 11th-seeded Canadian slugger Milos Raonic will face Romanian veteran Victor Hanescu, and 25th-seeded flashy Frenchman Gael Monfils will lock horns with American Jack Sock. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz