Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

19.08.2019 03:22
7.4 billion people on the planet, no telling for sure if theres anyone around who would recall those Cubs.Th Antworten

TOKYO -- The Japanese government approved a 150 billion yen ($1.5 billion) contract Friday to build a new main stadium for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, a project that has been delayed by more than a year.Officials said the stadium construction would begin in December after an earlier plan was scrapped because of spiraling costs and an unpopular design.The Japan Sport Council, a government-funded organization operating the project, said the stadium was scheduled for completion at the end of November 2019, still five months behind schedule. The delay forced a venue change for the Rugby World Cup that Japan is also hosting in 2019.The cost of an earlier design by the late Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid had risen to 265 billion yen ($2.65 billion), more than twice the initial forecast.The 150 billion ($1.5 billion) contract is just below the 155 billion ($1.55 billion) ceiling set this time for the contractors, a joint venture among Taisei Corp., Azusa Sekkei Co. and the office of Kengo Kuma, an architect who designed the new stadium.Olympic minister Tamayo Marukawa told reporters she would ensure steady progress of the construction.Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike said she would closely monitor the expensive project that the city is also part-funding.For the burden we have to share, I will ensure its utilized for the people of Tokyo, and raise my voice when necessary, she said.A sports ministry panel is discussing how best the stadium can be used after the Tokyo Games.The stadium delay is part of Japans troubled preparations for the Olympics, underscoring a widespread lack of cost-control. The Japanese organizers have also faced a bribery scandal. They are now also bracing for a possible delay in the construction of roads linking the main Olympic venues near a new fish market project, which has been hit by a construction scandal and tainted underground water.The Tokyo metropolitan government is currently reviewing the ballooning cost because of concern about its financial burden and the impact on Tokyo taxpayers.The city-appointed panel of outside experts warned in a report Thursday that the total cost could exceed 3 trillion yen ($30 billion) without a drastic cost-cutting effort, and suggested using existing facilities instead of building new ones that could likely end up as white elephants. Marquinhos Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Marco Verratti Jersey . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. http://www.parissaintgermainfcstore.com/Women-Kevin-Rimane-Paris-Saint-Germain-Jersey/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Marco Verratti Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. Loic Mbe Soh Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. A lot of Chicago Cubs fans have waited a long time to see them win the championship. In this case, it feels like forever.How many people can say they went to the very first World Series game at Wrigley Field?That was in 1929, and future Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens was there. He was in the box seats behind third base a few Octobers later, too, and saw Babe Ruth call his shot.Very definitely, Stevens told The Associated Press this week by phone from Florida. He pointed his bat.Now, at 96 and outdating the ivy on the outfield walls at the cherished ballpark, Stevens planned to be at Game 4 Saturday night when his Cubs host the Cleveland Indians.And he had a playful wish. Well, beyond the obvious.Tossing out a ball from the mound at Wrigley, as he did in 2005. Only this time, at the World Series.Id love to, the veteran right-hander said. Id like to see if I can throw it over the plate again.Stevens said he was still on that bench, but added with a bright tone, I suppose theres a couple days left.The Cubs won 5-1 Wednesday night in Cleveland to tie things at one game apiece. The Series shifts to the city where Stevens grew up for Game 3 Friday night.Not since 1908 have the Cubs won the World Series. They were led by the Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance double play combination that became famed in verse -- the same year, Take Me Out to the Ball Game was written.Born in 1920, Stevens said he has no recollection from his boyhood days of older friends and family members talking about that championship club.Of the some 7.4 billion people on the planet, no telling for sure if theres anyone around who would recall those Cubs.They are alive, but do they remember? said Robert Young, a senior consultant for gerontology for Guinness World Records. I think theres probably a few.Young estimates there are 4,000 people around the globe who were alive theen, most of them outside the United States.ddddddddddddIts amazing to me the Cubs franchise lasted that long without winning, he added.Before the World Series opener, Stevens had already formed his opinion on the outcome.I think the only question is whether it will be four straight or whether it will take five games for us to win it in Chicago, he said.And even though the Indians and their crowd have been waiting since 1948 for a crown, its been much longer on the North Side of Chicago.The Cubs are entitled to win in this one, I think, he said.Justice for the Cubs, so to speak.Stevens served on the Supreme Court from 1975 to 2010 and in his chambers he had an autographed photo of Cubs great Ernie Banks and a jersey of Chicago pitcher Mark Prior.Stevens also had a framed scorecard from the 1932 game when Ruth pointed. It was a gift long ago from a fellow law clerk, who knew Stevens had seen the Bambino that afternoon as a 12-year-old.As a kid, he followed the Cubs in the fledging days of radio. With more modern devices, Stevens rooted for them as often as he could this season.The Cubs began their drive to end the championship drought this year at spring training in the Phoenix suburbs -- in 1908, Arizona wasnt even a state.They led the majors with 103 wins, but Stevens wasnt about to celebrate early. After so many years of hope and so little success, this is their first World Series trip since 1945.Its hard to acknowledge, but it happened, he said.Just like Stevens imagined, sort of. Shortly before opening day, he told the AP he was anticipating big things from this new, talented bunch of Cubs.I dont think its a question of whether theyll win a championship, he said then. Its whether Ill still be here to see it. ' ' '

Gast
28.02.2020 08:35
#2 RE: 7.4 billion people on the planet, no telling for sure if theres anyone around who would recall those Cubs.Th Antworten

Jaway Steel Co., Ltd., founded in 1998, is a professional
manufacturer and global exporter specializing in metal manufacture
and exportation.In recent years, winged by rapid merge and expansion,
Our well-equipped plant emerged in Dainan, Jiangsu Province, with two
Export offices respectively located in Shanghai and HongKong catering
to a lager scale of customers from both home and abroad under the
banner of supreme service.

Our plant now covers a land area of more than 18000 square meters,
with 160 employees and 19 technicists. Backed up by our loyalty
customers,old and new, as well as our advanced R&D team, the
ranges of our stainless steel products are expanded to more varied
choices, such as stainless steel wire,rod, round bar, flat bar, angle bar,channel bar, pipe , plate, sheet and coil made according to the norm and specification in GB, ASTM, JIS, EN, TOCT, KSD, and IS.

We warmly welcome friends and cooperators from all over the world!
Web:www.jawaysteel.com Email:808@awaysteel.com

16 »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz