Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

20.08.2019 13:10
nd by extension Toro Rosso, who are beholden to Red Bulls opinion irrespective of their own prefe Antworten

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants are facing something new heading into their game with the Chicago Bears.For the first time in years, the Giants (6-3) are a legitimate playoff contender. They have won four in a row and are facing somewhat new questions preparing to play the struggling Bears (2-7) Sunday at MetLife Stadium.Is this a trap game for a team that hasnt made the postseason since 2011? Are they going to look past Chicago and even Cleveland (0-10) the following week and assume they are going to be 8-3 heading into the final five games?Giants coach Ben McAdoo doesnt want to hear the questions. His team is coming off an emotional Monday night win against the Bengals, and he insists that any team can step up and win. His job is to make sure the Giants are ready with a short week of preparation.You watch the film, McAdoo said. Theyre better than their record. You can take their record and you can throw it out that window over there. It doesnt matter. You have to prepare for what you see on film. Theyre a dangerous offense and their defense is pretty dang good.Two weeks ago, the Bears played very well in beating the Vikings, a team that ran the Giants off the field. Last week, Chicago was pathetic against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.Coach John Fox said there is still time for the Bears to make a run.I think that our division is pretty clumped up, Fox said. Believe it or not, we are only three games out of the division lead, so I think we still have a lot of games in there. I think we have only one AFC opponent left.I have been there before. One year in Carolina we were 1-7 and finished 7-9. If we win the last game, we finish 8-8 and are in the playoffs.The Giants cant afford to overlook either the Bears or Browns because their schedule finishes with games against Pittsburgh, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia and Washington. Only the Steelers have a record under .500, and every one of those teams is in the playoff chase.Its not a trap game because this is an NFL team, Giants left guard Marshall Newhouse said. I think around here and anywhere where people have been around long enough will tell you that if you dont bring your stuff, people are going to beat you, and they will embarrass you.Things to watch Sunday:CUT-TING IT: From a triumphant return against Minnesota to a colossal flop against Tampa Bay , the past two games have summarized Jay Cutlers eight seasons with the Bears.He went from leading them to a win over NFC North leader Minnesota in his return from a sprained right thumb to delivering one of his worst performances.He threw interceptions on consecutive passes in the first quarter against the Buccaneers, the second one leading to a field goal. He fumbled twice -- losing one at Tampa Bay 4 -- and got sacked four times. Cutler did that against a team that gave up more than 1,000 yards in total offense in back-to-back losses to Oakland and Atlanta.KICKING MATCHUP: Giants placekicker Robbie Gould is the Bears all-time leading scorer. He was released by Chicago a week before the start of the season and Connor Barth was signed to replace him. Barth had been let go by New Orleans.Gould was signed by the Giants on Oct. 22 after revelations about the extent of the domestic abuse allegations against Josh Brown. Gould has made his only field goal attempt and all nine extra points in three games. Barth is 12 of 15 on field goals and perfect on 15 PATs.I was talking to coach McAdoo at practice, what do I have to be upset about?, Gould said. I got to play with one team for 11 years with a lot of great teammates, with a lot of good memories and they made a decision. I am really happy here, I love being a Giant.NO JEFFERY, LONG: The bad news continued to mount for the Bears. Top receiver Alshon Jeffery was suspended for violating the NFLs policy on performance enhancing substances, and star guard Kyle Long went on injured reserve because of a right ankle injury.Youre losing two leaders on the team, cornerback Tracy Porter said. Alshon and Kyle, they both play at a very high level, so to lose those two key pieces, not just offensively but their presence -- it does a lot for the team, the guys really look up to them.UP FRONT: Bears outside linebacker Pernell McPhee boasted that his defense was going to get to Eli Manning and sack him. The Giants offensive line heard the comment, so it will be interesting to see if Manning stays clean.New York has allowed 13 sacks this season. The Bears have gotten 24.---AP Sports Writer Andrew Seligman in Chicago contributed to this report.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and -http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Tracy Mcgrady Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. Kyle Lowry Jersey . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authentic-Patrick-McCaw-Jersey/ . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. Jodie Meeks Jersey . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Kyle Lowry Raptors Jersey . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. From a purely selfish point of view, I wholeheartedly support the idea of winter testing in Bahrain.While the ongoing debate among the F1 teams over the location of 2017s pre-season testing is one of cost, safety, and the show, from a personal perspective the F1 circus currently spends one month a year in and around the Circuit de Catalunya when pre-season tests, the Spanish Grand Prix, and the in-season test are all taken into consideration, and it gets very old, very fast.Sure, Barcelona is one of the great cultural capitals of Europe, but for the bulk of us who make up the F1 travelling circus Barcelona is a commute too far when the early starts and late nights are taken into account. Instead, we tend to stay in and around Granollers, a one-horse town thats fine for a long weekend, but rather bereft of options when it comes to finding a decent meal and a cold beer after a long hard day at the track.While Spanish winters are certainly a step up on Englands February chill, pitlane launches see the assembled press pack wrapped up in hefty coats and wooly jumpers, our breath turning into steam as we wait in the darkness for a sheet to be lifted off that years contender in dramatic fashion.By midday the paddock is warm enough to wander around in a long-sleeved tee-shirt (something only a Geordie would be brave enough to do in February in Britain), but the early mornings often begin with a light dusting of frost on the circuit -- not a situation that can be said to be remotely representative of the racing conditions we enjoy during the season proper.In Bahrain, however, warm weather is a given (the hailstorm that struck when I was driving into the circuit on Thursday this year notwithstanding) and the Sakhir track enjoys year-round conditions comparable with those seen on the flyaway circuits that now make up the majority of the F1 calendar.Given that 2017 will see the greatest change in tyre design in recent memory, it makes sense to put the new rubber through its paces in an environment likely to be repeated when the racing action gets underway. The biggest obstacle is that of cost, and from where Im standing it makes sense that the regulator and commercial rights holder between them find a way to subsidise the cost of safely testing the new cars and rubber which will have been designed to specifications that they themselves requested.As things stand at present, seven of the ssports 11 teams support testing in Bahrain, and have written to the FIA to say as much.ddddddddddddThe opponents are Red Bull (and by extension Toro Rosso, who are beholden to Red Bulls opinion irrespective of their own preferred position), Williams, and Manor. Williams and Manor point to the added cost of a flyaway test as the cause of their opposition, which could be easily circumvented through CRH testing subsidies, while Red Bulls position is based on their desire to develop new components throughout the pre-season test. Flying parts from Milton Keynes to Barcelona is the work of a couple of hours, while sending the same parts to Bahrain is an overnight job.Speaking in the Friday team personnel press conference in Suzuka, the tech bosses put their individual opinions to the media, with Paddy Lowe supporting the official Merc position of being pro-Bahrain, while Renaults Bob Bell and Haas Ayao Komatsu were personally against the idea despite their bosses support of it and subsequent signing of the FIA letter.The situation is that we have the biggest change in tyre regulations probably for one or two decades and Pirelli have asked the FIA if they would support testing in Bahrain, which is outside Europe, Lowe said. So by regulation it requires a process to get there. As I understand, a majority of teams support that request.For me, the important point that Pirelli were asking for is some hot condition testing of the compounds particularly. The structure of the tyre is created and tested in the lab but the compounds they can only evaluate in real circuit conditions and unfortunately the mule car programme which is running at the moment has delivered three cars which are very helpful to the process but they are not delivering the level of aerodynamic load that will be seen next year.For me its a matter of supporting Pirellis request to contain the risk of arriving at the first race as being the first event with hot conditions and theres real risk to the show, Lowe concluded. Weve seen what can happen; for example, in Indianapolis 2005. We mustnt forget that we need to put on a show; we need to run a 300kms race with sensible numbers of tyres, so thats not an inconsiderable risk and should be covered. Thats why we particularly support that request. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz