Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

06.09.2019 10:14
edia is only difference this time because this is such big fight. I do every training camp in same way.First, I go to p Antworten

LONDON -- Andy Murrays first Wimbledon championship was for his country.This one was for Andy Murray.Dulling big serves with quick-reflex returns, conjuring up daring passing shots and playing impressively mistake-free tennis all the while, Murray beat Milos Raonic 6-4, 7-6 (3), 7-6 (2) on Sunday for his second trophy at the All England Club and third Grand Slam title overall.In 2013, Murray famously ended Britains 77-year wait for one of its own to win the mens final at Wimbledon, a quest that became burdensome.Now he wanted a victory to end his personal rut of three consecutive losses in major finals, including at the Australian Open in January, and French Open last month.It is different. I feel happier this time. I feel more content this time. I feel like this was sort of more for myself more than anything, and my team as well, the second-seeded Murray said. Last time, it was just pure relief, and I didnt really enjoy the moment as much, whereas Im going to make sure I enjoy this one.This was his 11th Grand Slam final, but the first against someone other than Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer. The sixth-seeded Raonic eliminated Federer in five sets in the semifinals Friday, and also defeated the player who stunned Djokovic in the third round, Sam Querrey.Those wins helped Raonic become the first man representing Canada to reach a major final.He did it, primarily, by averaging 25 1/2 aces through six matches. But on a breezy afternoon, at a Centre Court filled with nearly 15,000 partisan fans, Murray shut down that integral part of Raonics game.This ones going to sting, Raonic said.Its been a rough few weeks for Britain, what with its vote to leave the European Union, the drop of the pounds value, and the resignation of Prime Minister David Cameron, who was seated in the front row of the Royal Box on Sunday, several seats over from Prince William and his wife, Kate.During the trophy presentation, Murray joked: Playing in a Wimbledon finals tough, but I certainly wouldnt like to be a prime minister. Its an impossible job.Murray, a 29-year-old from Scotland, long dealt with the expectations that accompanied being Britains best chance to find a male champion to succeed Fred Perry, who last won the grass-court tournament in 1936. After Sundays victory, Murrays mother, former British Fed Cup captain Judy, referred to that old phenomenon as, The constant, `When are you going to win Wimbledon? When are you going to win Wimbledon? When are you going to win Wimbledon?But her son has dealt with that and thrived, thanks to a counter-punching game and sublime returns of serve.It took Raonic 36 minutes and five service games to record his first ace, and he wound up with only eight. Over and over, Murray managed to get the ball back, even one that came in at 147 mph.And while Murray only broke Raonic once, to lead 4-3 in the opening set, that was all it took, because the tiebreakers were surprisingly one-way traffic.Murray also took 50 of 65 points he served across the first two sets, not only never facing so much as a break point in that span but also being pushed to deuce merely once.Finally, at 2-all in the third, Raonic got to 15-40 for his first -- and, it turned out, only -- break points, thanks to a forehand return winner off an 82 mph second serve.Potentially turning points, said Carlos Moya, one of a trio of coaches for Raonic, including John McEnroe. If he got that break, who knows what could happen?But Murray stood tall, taking the next four points to hold, then wheeled toward his box, pumping his right fist and yelling.According to the official statistics, Murray made only 12 unforced errors, two in the second set. While thats a subjective accounting, anyone watching and listening could plainly tell that he was striking the ball cleanly and confidently, a crisp thwack resonating as racket strings hit ball, much more often than not putting shots right where intended.Really good stuff, Murray said.His opponents take? He was playing much better than me off the baseline, Raonic acknowledged.Taking it all in from Murrays guest box, with seemingly nary a smile, was coach Ivan Lendl. They worked together when Murray won his first two Grand Slam trophies, including at the 2012 U.S. Open, then split up, before reuniting last month.Once again, that partnership paid off, and at Wimbledon, no less.When he sat in his sideline chair after the match concluded, Murray wiped away tears with a tournament towel.To do it twice here, he said, an event where there is a lot of pressure on me to perform well -- Im very proud with how Ive handled that over the years.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Eric Lindros Jersey .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Oskar Lindblom Flyers Jersey . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. http://www.nhlflyersproauthentic.com/claude-giroux-hockey-jersey/ . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked. Bobby Clarke Flyers Jersey . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. Samuel Morin Jersey . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. LAS VEGAS -- Unified light heavyweight titleholder Sergey Kovalev and former super middleweight world champion Andre Ward have been among the best in boxing for the past several years, but when they fight each other in a bout that could crown a new pound-for-pound king on Saturday night (HBO PPV, 9 ET) at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, it will be the first appearance for both of them on pay-per-view, where the true riches are for fighters -- if they can sell themselves and their event.Both boxers have contracts with HBO, which has been building up to this fight for the past 18 months with each fighting two interim bouts this year. Kovalev had title defenses against Jean Pascal in January and Isaac Chilemba in July. Ward routed Sullivan Barrera in March and Alexander Brand in August as he got used to fighting at 175 pounds after moving up in weight.None of those interim bouts were must-see TV. Kovalev and Ward were enormous favorites and wound up winning easily and with no drama and little excitement.But now Kovalev and Ward will have a chance to see if fans are willing to shell out an extra $60 or so to see them ply their trade against each other in an A-plus matchup with Kovalevs three world title belts on the line. Its viewed by many as a 50-50 fight with the winner potentially garnering support to take over boxings No. 1 pound-for-pound ranking.Kovalev (30-0-1, 26 KOs), who will be making his ninth title defense, said he is excited to perform on pay-per-view for the first time and that while he trained the way he always does, there was a lot more promotional work for this bout than a non-PPV fight -- not that he is complaining.Sure, HBO Pay-Per-View is very important to me; this is big deal, Kovalev said. This is my first pay-per-view fight. I think all fighters goal is to be a pay-per-view fighter, but it takes hard work and not everybody can do this. For this fight I did more interviews than before because we want to get more fans, but this is part of my job.The additional media demands made it a bit more difficult because Kovalev, 33, is from Russia and although he has lived for several years in the United States -- first in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and now in Los Angeles -- English does not come easily to him, although it has improved dramatically over time.I am still learning English. I try to learn more all the time. I am more used to this now, so it becomes little more easy speaking English for interviews, Kovalev said. I know its important because I want fans to come to T-Mobile Arena and to buy pay-per-view to watch my fight against Andre Ward. Media is only difference this time because this is such big fight. I do every training camp in same way.First, I go to physical training in Big Bear (California), I run, ride bike, lift weights, I exercise annd stretch to get in shape.ddddddddddddAfter physical training I go to boxing training camp. I spar and I work with my coach, John David Jackson, in boxing ring. My sparring partners change, but most of the time my training is same.Ward (30-0, 15 KOs) is not only fighting on pay-per-view for the first time, he will also be fighting in Las Vegas for the first time in his 12-year professional career, something he has wanted for years.Still, Ward, 32, of Oakland, California, said his approach is the same, regardless of whether the fight was a regular HBO bout or a much more hyped fight on pay-per-view against a top opponent.Mentally, its honestly the same to me, Ward said. Obviously theres a lot at stake and its a different challenge, moving up in weight, pay-per-view, all of those things make it a little bit different. Whether its Alexander Brand or Sergey Kovalev, I approach every situation the same way. I wouldnt be able to get to this level and stay at this level if I checked in and checked out.Its the same dedication and its the same work. For me its about trying to be the best in a sport where theres little room for error. I understand that every time I step into the ring and leads to me making sure I prepare accordingly.Main Events and Roc Nation Sports, the co-promoters of the card, have high expectations for the pay-per-view sales, at least publicly. There are many who believe, however, that even though it is a superb matchup between two of boxings best, it wont translate into big sales -- maybe 300,000 if the stars aligned -- because neither fighter has a huge fan base.There is always a battle for the attention and money from fans, but as good of a match as Kovalev-Ward is, the fight is positioned in a tough spot. It is the third major combat sports pay-per-view in the past month, coming one week after Connor McGregors starring role at UFC 205 in the promotions first-ever card in New York and two weeks after Manny Pacquiao ended a brief retirement to beat Jessie Vargas and reclaim a welterweight world title on a stronger overall card in Las Vegas.However, Michael Yormark, Roc Nations president and chief of branding and strategy, is bullish.We havent put a number out there, but were obviously excited about this matchup and we think its going to do very well, he said. Collectively, us and Main Events think this is going to be the best pay-per-view event of the year. Were very optimistic about the pay-per-view numbers. Weve got two great fighters in a 50-50 fight. Its the best fight of the year and arguably on paper the biggest fight of the last decade. We would be very disappointed if it wasnt the biggest pay-per-view of 2016. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz