Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 94 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
t123 Offline

30.06.2018 07:00
ad China (1-4), which failed to advance to the quarterfinals for the first ti Antworten

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- The pregame coin toss each week has provided insight into the injury problems that have hampered Tennessee all season.Tennessee typically likes to send captains Joshua Dobbs, Alvin Kamara, Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Cam Sutton to midfield for the coin toss. But injuries sometimes left Dobbs as the only healthy captain whos in full uniform for each game.That finally changed Saturday when Sutton returned from a fractured ankle that had sidelined him for six games and Kamara came back from a knee injury that caused him to miss two games. Both could play major roles down the stretch as Tennessee chases its first Southeastern Conference Eastern Division title since 2007.When youre able to have those two individuals back on the field, in terms of productivity, it was big for us, Tennessee coach Butch Jones said.Both players had big performances Saturday in a 49-36 victory over Kentucky.Kamara rushed for 128 yards on just 12 carries, including touchdown runs of 17 and 29 yards. He did all that while wearing a brace on the left knee that had bothered him enough to cause him to miss games against South Carolina and Tennessee Tech .Sutton broke up two passes and increased his career total of passes defended to 36. That broke the school record of 35 formerly held by Jabari Greer, who played at Tennessee from 2000-03.Its just a tribute to those individuals, Jones said after the game. First of all, these individuals could have easily sat out and said `Im done and started getting ready for the NFL, but instead, they wanted to be a part of this football team and help us win. To me, that speaks volumes about their character and what this football program means to them.Kamara said he always planned on returning this season as long as he was physically able.Weve got unfinished business. ... The seasons not over, Kamara said. I made it my goal, if I can come back, I was going to come back. Here I am.Suttons return was critical for a team that has played much of the season without either of its defensive captains. Reeves-Maybin, a senior linebacker, underwent season-ending shoulder surgery last month after appearing in only four games.His return also came a little ahead of schedule. Jones said after the Kentucky game that the staff had tentatively set this weeks Missouri game as a potential target date for Sutton.Im not surprised with anything Cam Sutton does, to be honest with you, defensive backs coach Willie Martinez said. Hes so consistent day in and day out.Suttons presence will be particularly important Saturday against Missouris pass-oriented offense. Missouri (3-7, 1-5) averages 295.7 yards passing per game to rank second in the SEC. Jones says he considers Missouris Drew Lock a future NFL quarterback and adds that the Tigers have probably as talented a group of wide receivers that weve faced the entire year.Depending on how the LSU-Florida game turns out earlier Saturday, the Missouri-Tennessee game could be critical to the Vols SEC East hopes.To reach the SEC championship game, Tennessee (7-3, 3-3 SEC) must win its final two regular-season games and No. 21 Florida (7-2, 5-2) must lose at LSU (6-3, 4-2) on Saturday. The Florida-LSU game figures to end sometime during the first half of the Tennessee-Missouri matchup, and Jones wants to make sure his team isnt caught scoreboard watching.We dont ever look up at the scoreboard, Jones said. Thats kind of our mindset. You just keep your head down and keep playing. We have to worry about the things we can control.Game notes Jones said safety Todd Kelly Jr. and center/guard Drew Wiesman are both day to day after getting hurt during the Kentucky game. Jones said Wiesman is a little ahead of Kelly. Jones also said offensive tackle Chance Hall is expected to practice Monday but that the sophomores status for the Missouri game remains day to day.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Steve Megargee at www.twitter.com/stevemegargee Christian Sam Stitched Jersey . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. Pink Patriots Jerseys . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. http://www.officialpatriotsnflauthenticshop.com/ryan-izzo-stitched-jersey/ . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. JaWhaun Bentley Stitched Jersey . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Camo Patriots Jerseys . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Geno Auriemma could only smile after his U.S. womens basketball team dominated another opponent.It wasnt so much the final score -- the coach was just really excited about the record number of assists the Americans dished out.Tina Charles and Brittney Griner each scored 18 points, and the U.S. had 40 assists on its 46 baskets to beat China 105-62 on Sunday. The Americans were unchallenged in group play, winning the five games by an average of 40.8 points and eclipsing the 100-point mark four times.When you have 40 assists, that means something, Auriemma said, beaming. I talked to the team about that. There cant be anything better in the game of basketball then when you get an assist. When you know that you made it possible for one of your teammates to get an easy basket, thats basketball. Cant play it any better than we played in the first half -- that was fun to watch.It was also fun for those playing.The U.S. is on a record-setting scoring pace averaging 104 points, just above the 102.4 mark set by the 1996 team that started the run of five gold medals and 46 consecutive Olympic wins.The single-elimination quarterfinals begin Tuesday with the U.S. (5-0) facing Japan (3-1). Whether the games become more challenging remains to be seen, but the heavily favored Americans need three more wins to capture their sixth consecutive gold medal.In some ways, the mindset stays the same. We use our practice sessions and shootarounds to get better, point guard Sue Bird said. At the same time, it has to be a shift. You cant make a mistake now. You have to be ready every single game. Everyone is going to be playing their best.Unfortunately for the Americans, Elena Delle Donne was accidentally poked in the eye by Tamika Catchings during warm-ups and didnt play. Delle Donne spent most of the first quarter icing her right eye.I couldnt see at the beginning, said Delle Donne, who still had some redness on her cheekbone after the game. Be good to go for the next one forr sure.ddddddddddddEven without the reigning WNBA MVP, the U.S. was too much for China.The Americans jumped out to a 22-point lead after the first quarter; Charles, Maya Moore, Brittney Griner and Sylvia Fowles all got easy layups.Griner also had 13 rebounds to go with her 18 points. The quartet has spent time playing in the Chinese Basketball League in the winters.The Americans set the tone for the game early on. Charles had 12 points in the opening quarter.That first 15 minutes, it was Tina against China. She was unbelievable, Auriemma said of his former UConn star. That was the Tina Charles I remember and the Tina Charles Ive seen in New York a bunch of times. I dont know how many which ways she scored in the first half.Players enjoyed putting Charles -- and others -- in scoring position.In the opening period, Moore stole the ball, raced down the court and then threw an over-the-head pass back to Charles, who converted it into an easy layup. It didnt get any better for China. Despite the loud contingent of Brazilian fans who were backing the underdogs against the U.S., the Chinese team trailed by 34 at the half.We were really determined after playing so well in the first half just to continue that pace, Moore said. Starting the second half or maybe the fourth quarter, I think our first six, seven baskets were assisted. ... Its just a really fun atmosphere when were all moving the ball like that.Mengran Sun scored 16 to lead China (1-4), which failed to advance to the quarterfinals for the first time since 2004.Largely, if you look at our teams, the spread was about right, China coach Tom Maher said. They are an All-Star team. Who on any other team in this tournament could even make their team?In other games Sunday, Serbia beat Senegal after securing the fourth seed with Chinas loss. Spain beat Canada 73-60 to finish second in the group. Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz