Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

20.09.2019 16:17
eceiver was held on that play. I di Antworten

COLUMBIA, Mo. - The University of Florida soccer team finished Southeastern Conference regular-season play with 1-0 win Thursday at Missouri on a crisp fall evening at the Audrey J. Walton Complex.These two teams will meet again Wednesday in Orange Beach, Ala., at the SEC Tournament. The finale of Wednesdays four-match schedule will be a rematch of tonights contest. Florida and Missouri will play at 8:30 p.m. ET and that match airs live on the SEC Network.How the Gators Scored Their Goal: The only goal of the match came off Floridas final corner kick of the opening half. Gabby Seilers kick went to near post where senior Pamela Begi? headed it across the goal. Missouris clearance attempt went to just above the box where freshman Julia Lester stepped up for her opportunity. Her right-footed volley scored from 20-yards in the upper slot of the near post.Worth Noting: ? Lesters goal was her second of the season. Her first also was on road, scoring from just inside the top of the box at LSU. ? Florida now has seven shutouts this season, with six in the last eight matches. It was the 12th solo shutout for Gator sophomore Kaylan Marckese. Among her four saves Thursday was a hard shot from MUs Jasmine Johnson just above the six-yard box in the 19th minute. ? Thursdays result was Missouris second home loss of the 2016 season. The Tigers were 9-2 in 2016 home action, with the other loss coming to Iowa in overtime on Aug. 21. ? The final Gator soccer match under Jeremy Foleys tenure as UFs athletic director is the 386th win in the programs history. Soccer was the first of three womens sports added under Foleys watch - soccer (1995), softball (1997) and lacrosse (2010).2016 Records: Florida: 13-4, 8-3 SEC MU: 11-6-1, 6-4-1 SECHear from the Gators: On todays match: I thought it was an outstanding defensive effort. From the goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders to forwards, I thought we did a really good job.There were times in the first half when we really kept the ball well. In the second half it got a little helter skelter as they were putting numbers forward. But to withstand that kind of pressure on the road, I thought that was really defensively sound of us. - Florida Head Coach Becky BurleighOn her game winning goal: It was a corner and I thought Well, heres a good opportunity for the team to score. Gabby (Seiler) sent a perfect cross into the box and I saw the defender head it out. I backed up and let it take a bounce to gather my composure. I just kicked it and it went in at the right side of the goal. I was pretty excited. - freshman defender Julia LesterFinal SEC standings: Florida tied for third with an 8-3 record and Missouri finished fifth with a 6-4-1 record.Rankings: Florida is ranked No. 17 on the latest National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) poll and Missouri is receiving votes.Next up: SEC Tournament action begins next week at the Orange Beach SportsPlex in Orange Beach, Ala.Florida is the defending SEC Tournament champion and will open play Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET against Missouri.All SEC Tournament play-in, first and semifinal rounds will air live on the SEC Network. Sundays SEC Tournament title match airs live on ESPNU at 4 p.m. ET.Hyun-jin Ryu Jersey . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. Gary Sheffield Jersey . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. https://www.cheapdodgersonline.com/185h-gary-sheffield-jersey-dodgers.html . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Stitched Dodgers Jerseys .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. Los Angeles Dodgers Pro Shop .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend.EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Just last season, Minnesota Vikings coaches gave Xavier Rhodes boxing gloves to wear during drills in practice.The idea was having Rhodes better learn how to effectively play cornerback without risking penalties for grabbing at the receiver.Opponents arent winning many rounds with Rhodes these days.Rhodes picked off Carson Palmer twice, including a 100-yard touchdown return that was the longest in team history, and helped lead the Vikings to a 30-24 victory over Arizona on Sunday that stopped their four-game losing streak. The fourth-year player, drafted by the Vikings in the first round out of Florida State with the selection they received from Seattle in the trade for wide receiver Percy Harvin, is tied for fourth in the NFL with four interceptions.Those are huge splash plays that everybody notices, but hes tackling, doing everything right, free safety Harrison Smith said. Hes playing lights out.The performance was prolific enough to trigger an NFL Network interview with Deion Sanders , the Pro Football Hall of Fame member and most famous of the many cornerbacks Florida State has produced. Sanders, who became well known for his flamboyance, teased Rhodes for not adding any flair to the end of his return.Though he plays with plenty of fire, Rhodes isnt much for show. He was too exhausted for a celebration by the time he reached the end zone for the first time since high school, so much so that he requested an oxygen mask on the sideline to help recover.My legs were dead, Rhodes said, and I was just tired.The receivers Rhodes has been covering lately have been worn out, too, from Kelvin Benjamin to Odell Beckham Jr. to DeAndre Hopkins. Palmer threw in his direction nine times, with three completions for a total of 19 yards.This week coach said to play our defense, be aggressive and go out there and tackle. Tight coverage, sack the quarterback, and this week we did all of that, Rhodes said. We accomplisheed all of our goals.ddddddddddddIncluding, most importantly, victory. The defense didnt escape blame for the losing streak, with one issue an overzealous attempt to produce the kind of momentum-changing plays that Rhodes had on Sunday. The problem is when players chase them, usually out of desperation to boost a struggling team, other issues often arise.Rhodes and Smith, for example, each whiffed in overtime two weeks ago when they converged on Detroit wide receiver Golden Tate after a catch that he took into the end zone to win the game.We are all trying to make plays, Rhodes said. You just need to be disciplined.Thats just as important as aggression for a cornerback in this league, as Zimmer has long reminded his pupils. Zimmer, who coached Sanders for five seasons as the defensive backs coach in Dallas, has developed an affinity for Rhodes since taking the job three years ago.If we would just play a solid, fundamental football game and let the big plays come to us, they do, Zimmer said, adding: Theyre not always going to come, but you just have to do your job first and then the rest will happen.Just like that interception late in the second quarter with the Vikings clinging to a 13-10 lead and the Cardinals at third-and-goal at the 9. Palmer argued that cornerback Captain Munnerlyn held the intended target, John Brown, before Rhodes swooped in from behind.Im a competitive guy and he said he felt like his receiver was held on that play. I didnt think so at all. Im entitled to my space, and my space is on the field. He ran directly into me, so I jammed him up. I didnt grab. I didnt yank. I let him go. Balls in the air, Munnerlyn said. Xavier, I dont know where he came from, but he made the play and took it 100 yards.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz