Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
t123 Offline

03.07.2018 15:51
race saw him retire from the lead with 16 laps remaining. At Suzuka he Antworten

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw learned something about her team Monday night. The top-ranked Irish can win ugly.The Irish struggled at times on offense, but Arike Ogunbowale scored 13 points to help them beat a pesky Fordham squad, 67-36 in a preseason WNIT quarterfinal game.Ogunbowale, who earned ACC player of the week honors earlier in the day, had a steal and layup to put the Irish up by 20 points early in the fourth quarter, just four minutes after Fordham had cut the lead to eight.Its a great thing to learn about this team, that we can win ugly, McGraw said. We missed a lot of shots and we were frustrated early, but we kept our composure.After shooting over 52 percent in a 60-point win over Central Michigan to open the season, Notre Dame shot 42 percent against Fordham, including making just one of eight 3-pointers.The offense the other night, we couldnt miss, McGraw said. Tonight, we couldnt make a shot, but we kept working on defense and never let it get to us.The Rams werent any better, shooting just 23 percent, including 2 of 19 from 3.Lindsay Allen finished with 13 points, six rebounds and five assists for the Irish (2-0).Gmrice Davis led Fordham (1-1) with nine points and 15 rebounds.PLAYER OF THE GAMEThe Irish hit just one of their first 12 shots to open the second half after ending the first half by going scoreless for nearly three minutes before Allens leaner in the paint gave them a 14-point halftime advantage.Anna Kellys jumper from the left corner with three minutes left in the third quarter cut Notre Dames lead to 36-28, but the Irish got a spark from an unlikely source. Reserve center Kristina Nelson scored the next six points while grabbing a pair of offensive rebounds.I thought Kristina Nelson was player of the game, she made some huge plays for us, McGraw said.Notre Dame loosened up from there and turned it into a rout in the fourth quarter, outscoring the Rams 20-4 in the final 10 minutes.When (Nelson) made that mini run and got those hustle plays, that revved us up a little bit, Allen said. It gave us that energy that we needed.SURPRISE VISITORFormer Notre Dame mens coach Digger Phelps stopped by the Fordham shoot around at Purcell Pavilion earlier in the day and stayed long enough to give the undersized Rams some inspiration.He just walked in out of nowhere and made a great speech to the kids, said Fordham coach Stephanie Gaitley. He talked to them about one of his teams that was small and had injuries, and they left it all out there. As you can see, we go four guards out, but I was really proud of our effort, I thought we gave a great defensive effort. Their size and talent just over-powered us at the end.BIG PICTUREFordham: Gaitley remains stuck at 99 wins in her sixth year at Fordham, which is making its first appearance in the preseason WNIT. This game also marked the first time Fordham has faced the nations top-ranked team.Notre Dame: Jackie Young, last years Naismith National High School Player of the Year, sat out a second game with a thumb injury, but could be back on Thursday as the Irish continue working toward their second ever preseason WNIT championship (2004).UP NEXTFordham: The Rams play a consolation game on either Friday or Saturday against an opponent yet to be determined.Notre Dame: The Irish host Green Bay in the WNIT semifinal round on Thursday Womens Giants Jerseys . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. Authentic Giants Jerseys . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. http://www.cheapgiantsjerseys.net/lorenzo-carter-womens-jersey/ . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. Giants Jerseys Online . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Cheap Giants Store . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. SUZUKA, Japan -- Lewis Hamilton admits Suzuka is not one of his strong circuits and says he needs to find time in sectors two and three to give himself the best chance of taking pole position on Saturday.His Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg has taken pole at the last two Japanese Grands Prix and was 0.072s quicker in second practice on Friday. Hamilton said he had a strong day on Friday but admits he is vulnerable at Suzuka.Honestly, even though Ive won here twice, this is not up in the top of my best tracks even though I love it, he said. Im just not the quickest here for some reason but its something Im working at, and in that session I was obviously a lot closer so its just one step at a time.At the same time we are adjusting the car, but theres just little bits here and there in different corners, apexes, turning points, braking points, getting the right flow and the right balance and utilising the tyres as well. But my Saturdays, if its drier, are usually a little bit better than my Fridays, so hopefully tomorrow will be better.Asked where he neeed to improve the most, Hamilton said: Theres little bits here and there.dddddddddddd The first sector is OK but usually Im quicker in the first sector, so Ive got to find at least a tenth in the first sector, the middle sector I would say a tenth and a half to two tenths, and then in the last sector probably another tenth. Thats where I feel I should be and thats what Ive got to go and find.Hamilton took pole position by 0.4s in Malaysia but an engine failure in the race saw him retire from the lead with 16 laps remaining. At Suzuka he is running the same engine he used in Belgium, Monza and Singapore, but says he is not even contemplating another failure.When you get in the car you have to have 100 percent belief in your ability and the car and the guys and that you are safe. You dont ever put negativity in or what if, its all about it will, so I believe that it will but I believed the last one would and it didnt, so. Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz