Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

27.10.2019 06:42
ategy backfiring. Hornish won the pole and set sail with Keselowski at the outset after Kyle Busch crashed on th Antworten

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- Brad Keselowski has always had a fondness for Watkins Glen International, and that fondness just grew a bit more. The reigning Sprint Cup champion, who had finished second three times in the past two years at The Glen, led 49 laps in the Nationwide Zippo 200 and finally notched that elusive first career road course victory Saturday. "I dont know, its hard to explain. I can remember coming here with my dad (in the 1990s), just always having a love affair with this track," said Keselowski, runner-up to Marcos Ambrose in the past two Cup races at the track. "Theres something about this track. I have a very deep appreciation for it. Its been a great race track for me." Keselowski passed Joey Logano for the lead with 16 laps to go, then held off Sam Hornish Jr. in a dominant performance for Penske Racing. Keselowski, who finished second to Carl Edwards despite leading more than half of this race a year ago, won for the fourth straight time over five months in NASCARs second-tier series. It was his 24th career Nationwide win, tying him with Tommy Houston for eighth place on the career list. Brian Vickers was third, followed by Regan Smith and Elliott Sadler. Logano finished 21st after running out of gas on the final lap, his teams fuel strategy backfiring. Hornish won the pole and set sail with Keselowski at the outset after Kyle Busch crashed on the first turn of the 82-lap race. "Kyle getting torn up, it was pretty apparent that all three of our cars had a shot to win the race if we just didnt do something dumb," Keselowski said. "So I tried to not do something dumb the whole race." Busch wasnt so fortunate. He started second but lost control of his No. 54 Toyota, sliding sideways after apparently tapping the rear bumper of Hornish as they drove through the first turn, a downhill 90-degree right-hander. Buschs spotter had just cleared him to make a move under Hornish. Busch briefly touched the Armco barrier that lines the track and was OK, but Mike Wallace, in midpack and unaware Busch was there, pulled right to make a pass and slammed the left front of Buschs car. "Im sorry guys," Busch said over his radio as he drove to the garage for repairs. Busch, who was seeking his ninth victory of the season and 60th in the series, finished five laps down in 24th. Wallaces No. 01 Chevrolet was crushed, too, as was his psyche. "I went to the right, Wallace said. "You wouldnt expect him to be spun out that early in the race. We were just trying to get through the first lap. Its disappointing." After that, it was a show between Hornish and Keselowski as the three Penske Fords combined to lead all but nine laps. Hornish managed to close on Keselowskis back bumper with six laps remaining, but that was as close as he got. Keselowski pulled away over the final two laps and won by 1.4 seconds. "I was focused on trying to pass the 22 (Keselowski)," Hornish said. "I had driven for over 100 per cent and I couldnt even get beside him. I could get up to his bumper. I just had to settle down a bit. I needed to sit there and ride." Smart move. Hornish closed to within three points of the series lead behind Austin Dillon, who struggled with a sputtering car and finished 11th. The solid day moved Penske within five points of Joe Gibbs Racing for the owners points lead. Custom Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Kevin Love Jersey . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. https://www.thecavalierslockerroom.com/John-Henson-City-Edition-Jersey/ . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Tristan Thompson Cavaliers Jersey .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Kevin Porter Cavaliers Jersey .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. The NFL finally got its first kickoff return for a touchdown in 2016, the latest point in a season it has happened in 37 years. That distinction coincides with a new NFL rule that has encouraged teams to use high, short kickoffs that can be covered more effectively.According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last time the first touchdown off a kickoff return happened in Week 6 or later was in 1979. Sunday, the Philadelphia Eagles Wendell Smallwood broke the ice by taking back a Washington Redskins kickoff 86 yards at FedEx Field.Smallwoods return was the shortest kickoff return for a touchdown since 2013, according to Elias.Smallwood caught Sundays kickoff at the 14-yard line, in part because the Redskins had been assessed a 15-yard penalty after tight end Vernon Davis took a jump shot with the ball after scoring a touchdown. After the penalty, the Redskins kicked from the 20-yard line instead of the 35.?Washingtons first three kickoffs all were touchbacks.Davis, who was celebrating his first touchdown catch of the season, took a jump shot with the ball, shootinng it over the goal post to draw the penalty.dddddddddddd. Officials penalized Davis for excessive celebration, using the ball as a prop.The Redskins won Sundays game, 27-20.NFL strategy has been upended this season by a one-year experiment that the NFL hoped would reduce the total number of kickoff returns and improve player safety. The rule calls for touchbacks this season to be marked at the 25-yard line instead of the 20. But instead of incentivizing returners to take a touchback more frequently, it has instead led to a swell of shorter kicks that teams hope will force returns and ultimately pin returners well inside the 25-yard line.Through Week 5, NFL teams were kicking into the end zone 79 percent of the time, down from nearly 92 percent last season. Returns were up about seven percent over last year as well, confirming the experiment has produced the opposite of the desired effect.ESPNs John Keim contributed to this report. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz