Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

14.11.2019 13:09
ed twice and Brandon Drury added his second homer in two nights.Segura hit solo shots off De La Rosa (8-8) i Antworten

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- A week ago, Iowa was trying to figure if there was any way to bounce back from a stunning blowout loss at Penn State.The Hawkeyes (6-4, 4-3 Big Ten) found the answer with a 14-13 win over Michigan that was as unexpected as the 27-point loss to the Nittany Lions.I guarantee it, none of us expected that outcome, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said of the Penn State game as his team prepared to face Illinois this Saturday. And then conversely, there are probably not a lot of people expecting the outcome we got the other night.Illinois (3-7, 2-5) finds itself in a spot similar to the one the Hawkeyes were in a week ago, looking for a way back after a 48-3 loss at Wisconsin. The game was bad enough that Illini coach Lovie Smith said watching game film wouldnt do his team any good.I didnt spend a whole lot of time on it. You guys saw it -- not much to get from it, Smith said.Both teams are in the Big Ten West but they havent played much over the past decade. Before Iowas wins the past two seasons, the last time Illinois faced Iowa was 2008. That was also the last Illini win in the series, 27-24.Some things to watch for when they meet again Saturday in Champaign:TURNING IT OVEROne of Iowas clear advantages is its ability to hang onto the ball. The Hawkeyes have given the ball away just seven times this season -- six of them interceptions -- while forcing 14 turnovers.This is an area where Illinois was strong early in the season but has lately struggled. Over the past four games the Illini have given up nine turnovers -- including four interceptions in the Wisconsin loss -- and forced just two.QB RETURNSIllinois starting quarterback Wes Lunt is expected to start his first game since suffering a back injury Oct. 8 against Purdue. He played for the first time since the injury when he relieved Jeff George Jr. last week against the Badgers. Lunt says he wondered for a time if he might have played his last college football.I think after the initial (hit), when it happened, I was kind of worried about that, said Lunt, who stayed on the turf for several minutes after the hit by Purdues Danny Ezechukwu.NOVEMBER CHILLGames in Champaign this fall have been played in warm, mild weather, but Saturday should be different. The National Weather Service forecasts a high of 43 with gusty winds up to 18 mph.Looks like were going to have Big Ten weather, Ferentz said. Im guessing it will be a tough, gritty game.ON OFFENSEBoth teams have run-heavy offenses, and the weather figures to give both an incentive to stick to the ground. But theres a chance the teams will pile up some big rushing yards. Neither defense is much of a run-stopper -- Illinois allows 209 rushing yards a game, 11th in Big Ten, while Iowa gives up 168.7 yards and is ranked 10th.IOWA INJURIESFerentz said that starting cornerback Greg Mabin and starting right tackle Cole Croston will both be out with injuries. Mabins season is done due to a leg fracture, but his replacement, freshman Manny Rugamba, had a strong first game against the Wolverines.Manny didnt have a lot of time to think about it, that may be good. I dont know if it dawned on him how good the guys he was going to be competing with were, Ferentz said.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org---Follow David Mercer on Twitter: (at)davidmercerAP Cheap Air Max 90 Clearance . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. http://www.wholesalenikeshoesclearance.com/cheap-max-1-shoes.html . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. Cheap Kd Shoes China . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. Air Max 720 Outlet . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. PHOENIX -- The Colorado Rockies already slim postseason hopes are fading fast.The Rockies lost 11-4 to the Diamondbacks on Tuesday night and have allowed 23 runs in two straight defeats to lowly Arizona.The reason why is simple, says manager Walt Weiss.Weve just got to pitch better, Weiss said.Starter Jorge De La Rosa and reliever Eddie Butler did not pitch well, and the Diamondbacks took advantage. Jean Segura homered twice and Brandon Drury added his second homer in two nights.Segura hit solo shots off De La Rosa (8-8) in the first and fourth innings, setting a career high with his 13th and 14th homers. Drury homered in the fifth to give the Diamondbacks a 7-4 lead, and Paul Goldschmidt had three hits, scored three runs and stole his 25th base in support of winning pitcher Robbie Ray (8-13).The loss dropped Colorado to 7 1/2 games behind the St. Louis Cardinals for the second NL wild card. But on Tuesday, things looked promising for a win early.The Rockies jumped on Ray quickly for three runs. Charlie Blackmon led off the game with a walk and scored on DJ LeMahieus double. Then Nolan Arenado hit a blooper just inside the right-field line that turned into a triple, and Arenado scored on a groundout by Carlos Gonzalez.The Diamondbacks answered in their half of the first against De La Rosa. Segura led off with a homer and Arizona sent all nine batters to the plate in scoring four runs. The first inning lasted 39 minutes.Ray pitched five innings and allowed four runs on six hits with seven strikeouts and a walk. He surpassed the 200-strikeout mark for the season.The first inning was like getting punched in the nose there, and we battled after that, Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale said. It didnt seem like there weree any easy innings for (Ray).dddddddddddd. ... I thought the offense coming in scoring four gave him a lot of life. Gave him time to sit, kind of get it back together.Segura homered and Yasmany Tomas singled in a run in the fourth, giving the Diamondbacks a 6-3 lead. De La Rosa lasted only 3 1/3 innings and gave up five earned runs and eight hits with four walks.Blackmon hit his 25th home run to open the fifth, a solo shot. But Arizona scored five runs in the bottom of the inning to take control.I wasnt locating my fastball to my glove side. So it put me behind on counts when I was throwing that way early and because theyre in hitters counts, they get a little better piece than they probably should have on some of the pitches, Butler said. A jam shot, a couple of ground balls, all of which were possible outs but just didnt fall my way.Tomas added three hits and two RBI for the Diamondbacks, who have won two straight after losing six in a row.STREAKS ALIVELeMahieu reached base in his 30th straight game. ... The Diamondbacks, with 17 hits Tuesday, are the first team since the 1930 Brooklyn Robins to record 10-plus hits in 13 or more consecutive games against a single opponent in a single season. The Robins streak was 17 games against Philadelphia.UP NEXTRockies: RHP Jeff Hoffman (0-3) faces the Diamondbacks on Wednesday for the first time in his career.Diamondbacks: RHP Rubby De La Rosa (4-5) is set to make his ninth career appearance against the Rockies on Wednesday. He pitched only two innings in his last start, as he was on a pitch count having just come off the 60-day disabled list. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz