Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

07.07.2018 15:51
e veteran right-hander to Antworten

WACO, Texas -- No matter how many substitutions Baylor coach Kim Mulkey made, the lead kept growing.When the game was over, the only thing left to do was count the records.In the biggest Division I womens basketball rout ever, No. 3 Baylor overwhelmed Winthrop 140-32 Thursday.I tried and played tons of people, in and out of the lineup, called timeouts, trying to get people off the floor, Mulkey said.The Lady Bears (11-1) scored the first 21 points, led 77-18 at halftime and shut out Winthrop 29-0 in the fourth quarter.When they shook hands at the end, Eagles coach Kevin Cook told Mulkey he appreciated her efforts.I am most grateful that coach Cook recognized that. Kevin said thank you, she said. I tried everything I knew to try, because I respect him. But more importantly, I respect the game.The 108-point margin of victory surpassed the 102 set by Grambling when it beat Jarvis Christian College 139-37 in 1986.What do you say after a game like that? Cook said. Baylor has a phenomenal program, Kim is an outstanding coach, shes surrounded herself with an excellent staff.Weve played some highly ranked teams this season. And by far, Baylor is right at the top. You saw the game, you see the stats. They hurt us inside, they hurt us with 3-pointers. Theyre awfully good, he said.Mulkey began rotating her players in and out early in the first quarter. No one was on the court for more than 21 minutes and all 12 players got double-figure minutes.Baylor leading scorer Alexis Jones, whos had knee trouble, sat out for the second straight game to rest. Khadijiah Cave finished with a career-high 25 points.The much taller Lady Bears matched their opening burst with a 21-0 run to start the second quarter.Winthrop (1-9) shot 0 for 16 in the final period and 13.6 percent overall.We could have beaten a lot of teams today, Mulkey said. We were just clicking on all cylinders. As I tell them during the game, Im not looking at the score. I am looking at your defense, I am looking at turnovers, I am looking at your execution of things.I was made aware after the game of all the records. Youre happy for players who break records, and when you get a chance for them to stay in another minute to get another basket, you do it because its not always going to be that way, she said.Baylor set school single-game records for points, rebounds (75) assists (42) and blocked shots (17).Erica Williams led Winthrop with 15 points.Winthrop did best Baylor in one statistical category -- foul shooting percentage. It made 12 of 15 while the Lady Bears were 13 of 20.The Eagles keep attacking the basket the entire game and thats good, Cook said. And I thought we shot free throws pretty well. This is a young group, and were going to continue to work with them.Baylors point total was the second highest in womens Division I history, topped only by the 149 scored by Long Beach State in 1987.The biggest rout between two Division I teams in womens basketball had been in 1989 when Louisiana Tech topped Texas-Pan American 126-25.Last month, in an exhibition game, powerful Maryland beat Division II Bluefield State 146-17.Baylor won its previous game 90-24 over Texas State.The crowd of 6,440 at the Ferrell Center was boosted by a large contingent of kids from elementary schools, and they saw Baylor rushed to a 38-6 lead in the first quarter.Lauren Cox and Alexis Prince both scored 23 points for Baylor. Kalani Brown had a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds, and Beatrice Mompremier had 16 rebounds.Danyael Goodhope added 10 for Winthrop. The Eagles made only three field goals in the first half.BIG PICTUREWinthrop: The Eagles have played a rough schedule, but they hadnt seen anything like the Lady Bears. They get credit for pushing toward the hoop, never shying away from Baylors big and talented front court. ... Cook said the Eagles tried to pick their poison defensively, but we didnt pick any. The Lady Bears scored 84 points in the paint and went 13 for 20 from 3-point range.Baylor: All of the Lady Bears needed to get back in the flow after a nine-day layoff for final exams, and they did just that. Nobody played longer than Browns 21. ... The Lady Bears eclipsed the previous highest point total in Division I womens play this season, the 129 scored by South Florida against St. Francis (Pa.) on Wednesday night.UP NEXTWinthrop: The Eagles have two games left on the nonconference slate. They return home to meet Mercer on Sunday, then its off to No. 12 Ohio State on Wednesday.Baylor: Another long rest is ahead, with a full two weeks off before opening Big 12 play against Kansas State at home Dec. 29. Jason Sanders Jersey .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Jerome Baker Jersey . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. http://www.cheapjerseysmiamidolphins.com/ . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. Dolphins T-shirts .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Quentin Poling Jersey .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. NEW YORK -- Jay Bruce, indeed, broke loose.Bruce launched a three-run homer for his first hit since being traded, Bartolo Colon took a shutout into the seventh inning and the New York Mets beat the Yankees 4-1 Thursday night for a split of the Subway Series.Bruce had been 0 for 10 since being acquired from Cincinnati on Monday before his drive into the Yankees bullpen in right-center field made it 4-0 in the fifth inning.I told some guys it felt like my first major league homer running around the bases, he said.Bruces 26th homer gave him the NL RBI lead with 83, ended an 0-for-19 rut overall and made him 5-for-56 against the Yankees. He cracked a smile on the way back to the dugout, where Colon and his new teammates greeted him with hearty high-fives.Thats what he can do, Mets manager Terry Collins said. I think its big for everybody.After each team won once at Citi Field earlier this week, the Mets took the wrapup of the two-game set at Yankee Stadium.Colon (10-6) gave up six hits in 6 2/3 innings in earning his 228th victory, most among active players. The 43-year-old righty, who spent 2011 with the Yankees, became the first pitcher to win a Subway Series game for each New York team, the Elias Sports Bureau said.He doesnt quite throw as hard as when we had him. He was probably 92-93 (mph). He gets up to 91 now. But its still the same guy, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. Hes been doing it for a long time. Its impressive what he does at 43 years old. Hes just got incredible control with really good movement.Colon struck out Brett Gardner to begin the first and fanned no one else, and he walked none. Colon escaped a two-on, no-out jam in the second while retiring 13 of 14 batters.I would say all of my stuff was working, Colon said through a translator.Jerry Blevins took over for Colon and gave up an RBI single to Aaron Hicks. The reliever had stranded his previous 19 inherited runners.Addison Reed pitched a perfect eighth and Jeurys Familia worked around a pair of onne-out singles for his 38th save in 40 chances, retiring Rob Refsnyder on a game-ending double-play grounder over the third-base bag.dddddddddddd Kelly Johnson gloved the ball, stepped on the base and threw to first.Johnson lined the first pitch from Nathan Eovaldi (9-8) in the fifth over the right-field wall. Curtis Granderson doubled with one out, and Eovaldi made a late throw trying to catch him on a comebacker by Alejandro De Aza. With two outs, Bruce homered.Every non-out relaxes me a little bit, Bruce said. I make plenty of outs.The Mets outhomered the Yankees 8-2 in the four-game series, connecting twice each day. The Yankees lead their city rivals 62-46 in regular-season interleague play and beat them in the 2000 World Series.De Aza started in center field after the Mets put slugging outfielder Yoenis Cespedes on the disabled list and De Aza made the defensive play of the night. He raced into the right-center gap for a diving, backhanded catch to rob Didi Gregorius in the fourth.JAYS JACKSThe last six hits for Bruce have all been home runs. ... Of his 99 hits this season, 54 have been for extra bases.TRAINERS ROOMMets: Cespedes (quadriceps) joined David Wright, Lucas Duda, Matt Harvey, Jose Reyes, Juan Lagares, Asdrubal Cabrera and more Mets on the disabled list. Collins said hed never overseen a team hit so hard by injuries.Yankees: 1B Mark Teixeira was out of the lineup, a day after being hit on the left shin by a pitch from LHP Steven Matz.UP NEXTMets: RHP Noah Syndergaard (9-5, 2.48) faces the Tigers for the first time. He is 0-2 in his last four starts. The Mets will try for back-to-back wins for the first time since July 6-7.Yankees: RHP Michael Pineda (5-10, 5.13) starts at home, pitching vs. the Indians for the first time in his career. Mike Napoli and Brandon Guyer are the only Cleveland batters who have hit against Pineda. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL T-shirts Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz