Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

01.12.2019 05:25
mething unbelievable happened. For the first time in over seven hours at the crease, Cremer lost his head.Out Antworten

When John Hampshire was appointed coach of Zimbabwe in the lead-up to their first Test match in 1992, the Yorkshireman was quick to lay out the extent of their ambitions. The batsmen were taught how to leave, and the bowlers instructed to bowl a foot outside off stump. When Zimbabwe crossed 400 in their first innings against India, taking nearly two days to do so, a player had the temerity to suggest that they might declare. Hampshires spiky response made it clear that they would be doing nothing of the sort. Zimbabwe drew the match, and viewed it like a victory.Forever the underdog (aside from the years of Bangladeshs Test infancy), Zimbabwes ambitions have rarely risen since. The countrys pitches are the very definition of nondescript, boasting little pace, average bounce, no real turn to speak of. Little wonder then that, asked how difficult it had been to take 10 wickets on the final day to beat Zimbabwe in their 100th Test, Rangana Heraths eyes became wide as the air escaped from his mouth.In truth it shouldnt have even been close. With Tino Mawoyo and Brian Chari seeing off the first hour of the day, Mawoyo and Hamilton Masakadza taking care of the second, and lots of batting to come, Zimbabwe should have notched up the 27th draw in their history, leaving everyone to debate Heraths decision not to declare earlier. You cannot plan for whether its raining or not, was how he saw it. We had a plan with the coaches to declare before the end of the [fourth] day but we couldnt do that because of the rain. You cant rely on the weather, so you have to keep on playing as it is.When Mawoyo got a rough decision from umpire Simon Fry, given out lbw to a delivery from Dilruwan Perera that was comfortably missing his leg stump, Zimbabwe embarked on their standard collapse and questions around Heraths decision-making receded. We were really happy with the start we had, but then when we started to lose a few wickets we panicked, said Graeme Cremer.Yet over the next 45 minutes, the air of inevitability around Zimbabwes defeat dissipated. Sean Williams and Peter Moor dug in, and Herath found himself being tested in his first Test as captain. Unlike fifth-day pitches back home, he could not wheel away from one end all day knowing that he could do the job all on his own. Nor could he post three slips and a gully and back his quicks to wrap it up. Field placements were changed, bowlers were rotated.Eventually it was Lahiru Kumara who showed why he had been picked at the age of 19, with just two first-class matches under his belt. Kumara endured a tough introduction to Test cricket on day two, when he registered a first-ball duck with the bat, started his bowling with five wides down the leg side and was taken off after two overs.Over the next three days, on a slow pitch with no lateral movement, his pace proved its worth. In the first innings he had separated a 132-run stand when, bowling in the heat of the day, he sent down a bouncer that Moor could only fend to slip. Now, with the sun at its hottest once again, he rattled Moor with a series of short deliveries before trapping him lbw, jumping on the crease.For me hes an interesting character, Herath said of Kumara. Hes quick and Im sure hes a good prospect for Sri Lankan cricket. I tell you a lot of credit goes to the fast bowlers. There was not much assistance for the spinners and the Zimbabweans batted well. But the fast bowlers played their heart out and gave 100%, which is the main thing.That was the back of Zimbabwes innings broken, but Sri Lanka still had to contend with Cremer. And Williams was in belligerent mood, blocking out delivery after delivery, then reverse-sweeping the spinners for four when he wanted to silence the fielders around the bat. Asela Gunaratnes inclusion at the expense of another spinner began to look questionable, given the friendly nature of his medium-pace.Before tea, Herath changed ends. During the interval, clouds welled up in the south, as they had prior to the fourth evening being lost to rain. The light faded. But fourth ball after the break, Williams edged to slip. When Herath trapped Donald Tiripano lbw soon after, it looked like Herath was just doing what Herath does on the final day of Test matches: bowl his side to victory. Sri Lanka didnt care that Tiripano had edged it, giving them a sixth dubious decision - and 10 lbws in a game where not one had gone against them. Its just one of those things that happens in cricket, Herath said.The clouds moved off, and the sun came out. Carl Mumba started blocking. At the other end Cremer looked immovable. Herath switched ends. He then took the second new ball and switched ends again. The overs ticked down. 15, 14, 13, 12. Zimbabwe, through their captain Cremer, were on their way to their objective. Herath switched ends. Then something unbelievable happened. For the first time in over seven hours at the crease, Cremer lost his head.Out of nowhere, with Zimbabwe less than 10 overs from drawing, he leaped down the pitch, missed one from Herath, and was stumped. Having cheered every dot ball wildly, the small crowd went quiet. I blame myself for losing this game, said the Man of the Match. If I was there then at least if Carl [Mumba] or Chris [Mpofu] had got out then I would have felt a lot better about myself, but I think my wicket was the turning point in us losing this game.It wasnt quite over yet. Mpofu, one of Test crickets worst No. 11s, saw off the over from Herath. Then Mumba took care of two more. Seven overs to go. On the balcony, Heath Streak was in the same seat hed occupied all day. Even with No. 10 and 11 out there we still thought, Shee, weve still got a chance here, reflected Cremer.Dilruwan returned. Mpofu fended one to midwicket, then dabbed another square on the leg side. The crowd cheered. 7.4 overs left. But Dilruwan flighted the next one, Mpofu pushed forward, and the ball took off stump. A young Sri Lankan side had passed their first test. Zimbabwe had lost their 100th, but rediscovered some of their moral fibre. Test cricket felt alive in Zimbabwe once again, and so did the spirit of Hampshire. Scott Rolen Jersey . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Leo Cardenas Jersey . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. https://www.cheapredsjerseys.us/1305s-bret-boone-jersey-reds.html .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. Jesse Haines Jersey .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. Freddy Galvis Jersey . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. BEREA, Ohio -- Surprisingly, Terrelle Pryor didnt disagree with Adam Jones heated outburst about him.Hes got an argument with the media, though.Following Cincinnatis win over Cleveland on Sunday, Jones, the Bengals chatty cornerback, tore into Pryor, calling him garbage several times .At one point, Jones grabbed a trash can inside the locker room and called out Pryors name to see if he was inside the bin. Pryor made only catch for 3 yards in the 23-10 loss.Hes right, Pryor said. I was garbage. One catch, 3 yards. It was an accurate statement.But while Pryor seems to have moved on from Jones, his new beef seems to be with how hes being covered.On Wednesday, Pryor, who didnt talk after the game and declined an interview request Monday, chastised reporters for saying he got into an on-field argument during the game with Browns quarterback Robert Griffin III. As the Browns were driving for their only touchdown, Pryor and Griffin had an exchange as Cleveland was forced to call a timeout.Griffin explained that Pryor wanted to run a play that was called and the Browns had to use a timeout because the play clock was winding down.Pryor contends he and Griffin were not fighting.You guys cant assume, because me and Rob wasnt arguing, he said. I go and read in the articles you guys are saying that I am arguing with my teammate. Thats trying to break up this team and all were trying to do is come in here and fight for a win.I come in here and talk to you guys face to face. Im very honest with you guys, have fun with you guys, and then you guys paint a picture about me to be a bad person.And try to put some type oof stigma between me and my teammates.dddddddddddd So I appreciate if you guys would stop assuming and get the actual story before you write something.Pryors temper has been an issue before, prompting coach Hue Jackson to address it with the 27-year-old former quarterback.Jackson wants Pryor to channel his emotions in a positive direction.Terrelle understands, he said. We have common ground. I support Terrelle 100 percent, but there are certain things that he knows I want our players to emulate. It is not that. We will move from there and grow from it.Terrelles passion is one to win. It does not come from a bad place. He is not a belligerent man or anything like that. I just think sometimes that energy gets directed the wrong way and energy needs to stay on the field and do what we need him to do to be successful.Pryor, who can become a free agent in March, maintains hes a team player and that his passion drives him.You can ask all of my teammates, Im not a guy that causes any beef or drama on the team, he said. Thats not me. Am I on the sidelines fiery, am I in the game fiery, absolutely. I wouldnt think that the fans or my coaches or anyone else would want me to not play that way any other time.And if I play any other way and just shut up and didnt do anything, I dont think Id play as well, so Im just continuing to try to get better.Ive got to get better and thats all Im looking forward to.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz