Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

01.12.2019 05:28
d Ortiz and the Red Sox, who last weekend secured at least a wild-card spot in the playoffs, were assured of the Antworten

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- When Shaquille ONeal was 10 years old, his father made a prediction.Friday night when his son became a Hall of Famer, it was realized.Shaq and Allen Iverson headlined the 10-member Class of 2016 enshrined into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. One of the most star-packed classes in recent memory, it also featured international star Yao Ming, WNBA great Sheryl Swoopes, coach Tom Izzo, and owner Jerry Reinsdorf, an architect in the Michael Jordan-led Chicago Bulls championship teams of the 1990s.If I know my father, hes up there arguing with Wilt (Chamberlain) that his son is the best big man in the game, Shaq said.Posthumous honorees were: 27-year NBA referee Darell Garretson; John McLendon, the first African-American coach in a professional league; Zelmo Beaty, the former NBA and ABA star who led Prairie View to an NAIA title in 1962; and Cumberland Posey, who is also a member of the Baseball Hall of Fame.Shaq was an instant box office draw during his career because of his mammoth frame and rim-shaking dunks. But he also exhibited a personality that was as playful was it was engaging. He showed off all of it on Friday.He had the final speech of the night, a humorous dissertation that spanned his long journey in the sport.His speech had serious moments like thanking his parents, Phil Harrison and Lucille ONeal, for giving him the discipline and drive that drove his NBA dream.But he also tossed in light moments. He thanked former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant for helping him win three NBA titles, but also for getting me pushed off the team and traded to Miami.Before host Ahmad Rashad could even introduce Iverson, the first mention of his name started a roar of cheers throughout the assembled audience.Dressed in all black, former MVP known as A.I., blew kisses has tears began to form in his eyes.Thank God for loving me and blessing me, Iverson said, to be the man that I am and having no regrets for the man that I am. A man that my family loves, my teammates love and my fans love.Fighting tears throughout, Iverson thanked former Georgetown coach John Thompson for saving my life.(After) the incident happened in high school and all that was taken away...no other schools would recruit me anymore, Iverson recalled. My mom went to Georgetown and begged him to give me a chance. And he did.He said he later left Georgetown only as an OK basketball player.But once I started to listen to Larry Brown and take constructive criticism, I learned how much of a great, great coach that he really is. ... Thats when I became an MVP.Iverson saved his final thank you for wife Tawanna.Youre just the best to me, he said. I want you to walk around and be proud of yourself that you are a Hall of Famer.Two of the themes on the night were family and journeys. That was the essence of Swoopes speech, who was thankful of her path from tiny Brownsfield, Texas, and that her cancer-stricken mother, Louise, was able to see it.What a ride its been, she said.The 7-foot-6 Yaos arrival from China to the NBA in 2002 instantly helped bring the game to a broader international audience.He was Fridays first inductee, an honor which he joked that should have gone to Iverson.You know why? Because I need more practice than him, Yao said to applause from the crowd and a laugh from Iverson.Yao also thanked his early mentors in China, former NBA Commissioner David Stern for his vision in wanting Yao to play in the league, as well his first teammates on the Houston Rockets. He also singled is former NBA coaches, including Rudy Tomjonavich and Jeff Van Gundy.I will always consider you my family, Yao said. I am Texan and Houston Rocket for life.Izzo has become the face of the blue-collar Michigan State team while leading it to seven Final Fours and the NCAA championship in 2000.He thanked his parents, Carl and Dororthy, for being his first mentors. The 90-year-old Dorothy was in attendance, but Carl passed away last September.Izzo briefly got choked up as he spoke of his father, who he said instilled in him a work ethic that remains with him today.The seven Final Fours and championship are just frosting on the cake, Izzo said.Reinsdorf, the longtime Bulls owner, chronicled what led him to purchase the Bulls in 1984. It was a move he said legendary New York Yankees coach George Steinbrenner panned, telling him hed never make any money.He enjoyed proving him wrong.Its been a great life, he said. I know its the fourth quarter, but Im hoping for overtime.Like his father, Shaq too has a wish.One day when some father quizzes his sons on the greats of the game, I hope Shaquille ONeal will be the answer, he said.---Follow Kyle Hightower on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/khightower NMD Clearance . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. NMD China . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. https://www.cheapnmdoutlet.com/ . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. NMD Replica . The judges scored it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 for Jones (19-1). It was the champions closest call. Despite the loss, it was a remarkable show by the confident Swedish challenger, who had the best of the early rounds and then hung on in the fourth and fifth. NMD Discount . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. NEW YORK -- The Boston Red Sox won the AL East, clinching the division championship despite wasting a three-run, ninth-inning lead in a 5-3 loss to the New York Yankees on Wednesday night.David Ortiz and the Red Sox, who last weekend secured at least a wild-card spot in the playoffs, were assured of the division title earlier in the ninth inning when the Baltimore Orioles rallied for a 3-2 win at Toronto. But New York came back against Craig Kimbrel and Joe Kelly.After winning their eighth division title, the Red Sox will open their postseason schedule Oct. 6 seeking a second World Series crown in four years. The teams first opponent has not been determined yet.With Ortiz nearing retirement after the season, the Red Sox got to celebrate in the Bronx -- the site of so much Boston heartache throughout its storied rivalry with the Yankees.Of course, there was one glorious moment across the street, when Big Papi and his 2004 teammates overcame a 3-0 deficit to win the AL Championship Series at the old Yankee Stadium. Boston rejoiced and went on that year to capture its first World Series crown since 1918.But this title will taste sweet as well, especially after the Red Sox completed a worst-to-first turnaround for the second time in five seasons. After winning the 2013 World Series, Boston finished last twice in a row.This year has become much more than a farewell tour for Ortiz, though. The 40-year-old franchise icon is enjoying one of his biggest seasons at the plate, joined by steady veterans like Dustin Pedroia and Hanley Ramirez mixed with blossoming young stars Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr.ddddddddddddThis is a pretty dynamic team in terms of homegrown players at various stages of their career that are coming together to be a very successful team, manager John Farrell said.Rick Porcello (22 wins) and free-agent prize David Price have solidified the front end of a suspect rotation, with new closer Craig Kimbrel anchoring the bullpen.Boston took control of a wide-open AL East with an 11-game winning streak -- all against division foes -- that ended with Tuesdays defeat.Above and beyond all, this is a team that cares for one another. And I dont say that loosely, Farrell said. Theyre tough, theyre focused, theyre talented, but, like I said, above all, they care for one another in an extraordinary way.Farrell, who took over as manager before the 2013 season, enjoyed a personal triumph with this division title as well: He missed the final 1 1/2 months of last season after he was diagnosed with stage 1 lymphoma.Its been a journey that makes you relish the good times a little bit more. Theyre more meaningful, Farrell said. Theres so much to be fortunate or thankful for. ... Clearly, this puts you in a position to reflect on things differently.The only other time Boston clinched the AL East title away from Fenway Park was at Cleveland in 1988.Now, the Red Sox hope to reach the World Series again -- and set up a potential dream matchup against the Chicago Cubs and former Boston general manager Theo Epstein. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz