Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

31.12.2019 03:20
European qualification. Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Daley Blind, Antonio Valencia, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Anthony Martial Antworten

Ed Orgeron is one of college footballs biggest personalities, and for much of his life he has done everything big. He has coached big, played big, lived big -- and, yes, he has dreamed big.On Saturday, this self-described Cajun brawler realized one of his most cherished childhood dreams when LSU introduced him as its full-time head football coach.As somebody who grew up on LSU football in the small town of Larose, Louisiana, and helped lead South Lafourche High School to a state championship in 1977, Orgeron considered the Tigahs -- as he calls them in his unmistakable baritone voice -- football royalty. He listened to every game on the radio with his father and envisioned former LSU great Ronnie Estay devouring ball carriers.Orgerons playing career lasted about two weeks at LSU, as he grew homesick and returned home. Previously he had turned down a chance during the recruiting process to go to Alabama and play for Bear Bryant.As Orgerons lifelong friend, former NFL quarterback and Louisiana native Bobby Hebert, notes, it was sacrilegious in those days to leave the state and play for anybody else if you had the ability to play at LSU. So when Bryant called the Orgeron house, hoping to arrange a visit, Ed Orgeron Sr. told Bryant not to bother, that his son was going to LSU.So imagine the pride Ed Orgeron Jr. felt when LSU officials told him early Saturday morning that he was their man.It doesnt matter if he was their second, third or even fourth choice. The people who know him best, his fellow Louisianans, will tell you very pointedly that he was the right choice. Hes one of them. He eats the same food, speaks the same language and can make a tasty roux with the best of them.Orgeron assured me in early October, when I spent some time with him right after he was named LSUs interim coach, that he was going to get the job permanently. He wasnt being arrogant or boastful or pretentious. He was just being himself. Its why hes so revered in his home state. He revels in meeting the steepest of challenges head-on, whether its whipping up a gumbo or developing another stud defensive lineman.But not even Orgeron, 55, could have imagined as a kid hed one day have the keys to the LSU football program.Its hard to explain what LSU meant to a kid from the Lafourche Parish, Orgeron told ESPN.com in October. The only LSU game I remember watching on TV was LSU and Notre Dame, and Ronnie Estay must have had about 18 tackles. He was my idol. I had the channel changer. I had to keep it because nobody was going to change the channel.When I think about LSU, I also think a lot about my dad. Cancer ate him up. We tried everything, but lost him four years ago. He was a huge LSU fan. He had a GED, but had an unbelievable work ethic. My mother peeled potatoes. Her parents trapped for a living, muskrats, and caught shrimp down on a camp in the marsh, and she lived with her sister so she could go to school.Thats where I came from. Thats where I get my fire, my parents.Its that same fire that has endeared him to players and fans alike, but its also a fire that Orgeron has learned to better keep under control. He was admittedly a bull in a china shop during his first foray as a head coach at Ole Miss, where he was 10-25 from 2005 to 2007 and fired after three seasons. To this day, some at Ole Miss will tell you that Orgeron was borderline maniacal when he was coaching the Rebels -- but Orgeron said it was more a case of him not channeling his passion and energy in the right way.Plus, that was more than a decade ago, and he has evolved as a head coach, which is underscored by his success at both Southern California and LSU during difficult interim stints.Its night and day from what I was at Ole Miss, Orgeron told ESPN.com in October. I treat everybody with respect. I treat every day like its a recruiting day. I want everybody to have a role and have ownership and enjoy coming to work.I went to Ole Miss as a D-line coach, he said of his approach back then, and when youre a D-line coach, thats how you are.In other words, dont expect to see him ripping off his shirt any time soon.The last time I ripped my shirt off was at Tennessee, Orgeron said. I said, You know what, the Wild Boys act is over.And while he might not chug Red Bulls by the gallon like he once did, he still sips on an energy drink from time to time. Ive got some Monster [energy drinks] in my fridge. Im going to drink some caffeine, Orgeron said. If thats the worst thing I do in a day, Im in good shape.He takes over an LSU program thats also in good shape, but a program that Orgeron wants to return to championship shape. Les Miles is no longer around because he hadnt won an SEC title since 2011 and had lost five straight to Alabama and Nick Saban. That drought was extended to six straight earlier this month when Alabama beat the Orgeron-led Tigers 10-0 in Baton Rouge.Ive always felt God had a plan for me, and this is where I was supposed to be, Orgeron said. I lived away from my family for so long when I was coaching at USC, but now were all back together. Im happy, and theyre happy. I want the people of Louisiana to be happy. Theyre my family, too, and I want to connect them.I know what they expect out of their football team. Its the same thing I expected when I grew up rooting for the Tigers, and were going to give it to them.Forgive Coach O if he takes a second to pinch himself just to make sure hes not dreaming. Vans Old Skool Clearance Sale .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. Cheap Vans Shoes For Sale .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. http://www.vanssalestore.com/vans-sk8-clearance.html . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Vans Shoes Clearance Sale .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Vans Slip On Cheap . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night.Michael Carrick has backed Marcus Rashford to cement his position in the Manchester United first team for an awful long time after his breakthrough season at Old Trafford. The 18-year-old has emerged as a key player for United since bursting onto the scene, scoring seven goals in his first 14 appearances for the club.Rashford was a relatively unknown talent until he deputised for the injured Anthony Martial in Uniteds Europa League last-32 time with Midtjylland in February. Carrick has likened the youngsters rise to a fairytale and believes he has the capabilities to remain an important part of Uniteds side for years to come.Speaking exclusively to Soccer Saturday, Carrick; Its a little bit of a fairytale in a way.If you have asked Marcus, he would have probably wanted to get himself into the U21s on a regular basis and taken it step by step. But he got thrown in after Anthonys injury and he has never looked back since. Marcus Rashford celebrates the first goal in the Manchester derby He seems to getting stronger, better and better, and he doesnt look out of place or as though hes is going to be a quick fix - he looks like hes got all the capabilities of being here for an awful long time.United continue their push for the top four at home to title-chasing Leicester City on Super Sunday, with victory for the Foxes enough to secure them a maiden top-flight crown at the home of the 20-time champions of England. Louis van Gaals side head into the game fresh from sealing their place in a first FA Cup final in nine years, following Saturdays last-gasp semi-final triumph over Everton.We are on a little run of wins which is nice, Carrick added. At the end of the day that is what it comes down to.At times this season we have played well - at Leicester for example - and we didntt win the game although we thought we deserved to win.dddddddddddd Anthony Martial sent Manchester United into their first FA Cup final since 2007 with a late winner at Wembley Its about winning the games, though, there are times throughout the season when results havent always shown the performance but it works both ways, weve won when we havent been very good as well.At this stage its about winning and picking up points and finishing the season as strong as we can.Victory on Sunday, while halting Leicesters title charge, would see United stay in touch with Manchester City and Arsenal in the race for European qualification. Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Daley Blind, Antonio Valencia, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Anthony Martial and Ander Herrera celebrate as United reach the FA Cup fin Carrick admits a club of Manchester Uniteds stature should not be celebrating finishing in the top four, but it is still something he would like to achieve.Certainly, if you win the FA Cup then winning the cup in its own right is a success, the midfielder said. We havent won that for a long time.I dont think as a club we can be celebrating finishing fourth but, if we get into fourth, it gives us something to go for next season. That is how I see it.Watch Manchester United v Leicester City on Super Sunday, 2.05pm, Sky Sports 1 HD Also See: LVG involved in United planning Redknapp: Fourth wont save LVG No United agreement with Jose Poch keen to replicate Sir Alex ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz