Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

12.01.2020 14:10
it came, the 24-year-old Czech said of finally making a deep run at her 18th career major. There are people saying that I could Antworten

NEW YORK -- Karolina Pliskova came into the US Open with the dubious distinction of being the only woman currently ranked in the top 20 never to make a Grand Slam round of 16.She has now blown past that milestone, routing 18-year-old Ana Konjuh 6-2, 6-2 in just 57 minutes Wednesday to reach the semifinals.To be honest, I dont care at what time it came. Im just happy that its now and that it came, the 24-year-old Czech said of finally making a deep run at her 18th career major. There are people saying that I could be there earlier, but right now I feel great and I feel its the right time for having the results like this.She lost just one point on her serve in the first set Wednesday and never faced a break point.I was surprised and I was still waiting even in the first set; even in the second set I was still waiting -- [thinking] some complications going to come, Pliskova said. But, well, Im not going to complain.Pliskova broke Konjuhs serve in the matchs opening game, forcing the 92nd-ranked teenager to play from behind right from the start.Her serve is just too good, Konjuh said. Today on the court, she found her rhythm and took the opportunities that I gave her.The 6-foot-1 Pliskova has the most aces on the womens tour this season, though that wasnt how she dominated Wednesday. Konjuh, also a big server, had more aces in the match, in fact (4-3). But she got only half of her first serves in and was broken four times, with four double-faults and 27 unforced errors.Pliskova, who rallied to beat sixth-seeded Venus Williams in three sets Monday, has now won 10 straight matches, riding the momentum of a breakthrough title at Cincinnati. She defeated second-ranked Angelique Kerber in the final there.Konjuh can take plenty of momentum away from Flushing Meadows, too. After what had been a disappointing, injury-plagued season, her ranking is projected to soar to a career-best No. 51. She hadnt been past the third round at a major before this tournament and upset fourth-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska on Monday for her first win against a top-10 opponent.The 10th-seeded Pliskova will on Thursday face No. 1 Serena Williams, who beat?No. 5 Simona Halep 6-2, 4-6, 6-3.Unfortunately, Im in the part of the draw with Serena, Pliskova said. Authentic Custom Chiefs Jersey . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. John Alt Jersey . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. http://www.customchiefsjersey.com/custom-kevin-ross-jersey-large-836n.html . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. Stefen Wisniewski Jersey . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. Custom Chiefs Jerseys . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Fernando Alonso had underlined his commitment to McLaren -- and ruled himself out of a switch to Mercedes -- during a visit to the teams factory this week.McLaren tweeted a photo of Alonso addressing the teams workforce with the quote: I believe in the project, I am committed and I want to be world champion with McLaren-Honda. Thats my only goal.The quotes fly in the face of rumours last week that linked Alonso to a move to Mercedes to replace the retiring world champion Nico Rosberg. Mercedes boss Toto Wolff said last week that he consiidered Alonso as a candidate, but the Spaniards comments combined with those of manager Flavio Briatore suggest any deal is dead in the water.ddddddddddddAlonso returned to McLaren in 2015 to coincide with the return of engine supplier Honda. The team has struggled for results since then, but is optimistic of another step forward in the coming year.Alonsos current contract is due to expire at the end of 2017. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz