Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 107 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

11.07.2018 13:19
ars and had exactly the same sentiment I had, Antworten

ST. LOUIS -- Yadier Molina thought Carlos Martinez was done early.It turned out a nosebleed that halted Wednesdays day-night doubleheader opener for about 12 minutes in the second inning was just a minor issue. The St. Louis Cardinals right-hander was even better once the bleeding stopped.It actually really helped me stay focused after the fact, Martinez said through an interpreter after working seven dominant innings in a 4-2 victory over the San Diego Padres. I was trying to stay in the game, and my mind in the game where it should be.Martinez said he also dealt with the issue last season and awoke with a nosebleed on Wednesday. The pitcher assured manager Mike Matheny he was fine, and trainers staunched the flow with cotton balls and petroleum jelly while Martinez sat on the field near the mound.We were going to sit there and plug it until he pitched, there wasnt another option, Matheny said.Only 11,191 fans were in the seats for the opener, rescheduled from a rainout on Tuesday night. Paid attendance was 40,184.When I came out early I was like `Wow, what happened here? Molina said.Matt Holliday, Jedd Gyorko and Molina homered off Colin Rea (5-4). Gyorko is 10 for 17 against his old team with three homers and seven RBI. He has homered against the Padres four straight games.Ive said the same thing for three or four games, Gyorko said. I dont really have an explanation for it.San Diego opened with Travis Janikowskis double and Ryan Schimpfs two-run homer but had just two more hits off Martinez (9-6). After play resumed, he retired 11 of his next 12 batters.Padres manager Andy Green ventured onto the field during the delay but not to try to hurry anybody.I want the same courtesy afforded to my pitcher if he was going through that out there and give him some time, Green said. Now if it keeps happening repetitively, weve got to do something about it.Aledmys Diaz had two hits and has reached safely in 23 consecutive games, longest by a rookie this season. He is 13 for 19 against San Diego with a homer and four RBI.Seung Hwan Oh earned his third save in four chances.Rea had been 2-0 with a 3.68 ERA in his previous four starts. He allowed four runs in six innings in his first outing in two weeks.I think the biggest thing was maybe nibbling a little bit too much, Rea said. I made a lot of mistakes and they took advantage of them.HOMER HAPPYSan Diego has homered in 17 consecutive games, extending a franchise record. The Cardinals have homered in a season-best 10 straight games, totaling 21 in that time.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: C Christian Bethancourt took a foul off his right knee guard in the seventh but stayed in the game.UP NEXTPadres: Andrew Cashner (4-7, 5.05) works the series finale. He has lost two of his last three starts.Cardinals: Adam Wainwright (9-5, 4.19) is coming off a three-hit shutout against the Marlins and has allowed one run in his last 23 innings. Cheap Robert Williams Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. http://www.cheapcelticsjerseys.com/ . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. Wholesale Celtics Jerseys .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Cheap Celtics Jerseys . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- Former Penn State President Graham Spanier testified Thursday that he issued a statement the day two of his top lieutenants were charged in the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal, calling the allegations against them groundless, because he had developed deep trust in them.Spanier took the witness stand in former assistant coach Mike McQuearys lawsuit against the university. McQuearys lawsuit alleges the former presidents statement made it appear McQueary was a liar.Spanier said he came to trust vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley after working closely with them for years.This was an unbelievable injustice, that these two guys, who are like Boy Scouts, would be charged with a crime, Spanier said. And thats what was in my head as I was giving this opinion.Spanier began drafting the statement about a week earlier. He said thats when the universitys then-general counsel got a tip through the attorney generals office that Sandusky, Curley and Schultz would be charged.At issue was how Curley and Schultz responded after McQueary described to them in 2001 that he saw Sandusky sexually abuse a boy in a team shower.Spanier told jurors he directed the lawyer to share a draft with Curleys lawyer as a courtesy before it was published.Two of the people holding among the most important leadership positions in the university were going to be charged, Spanier said. And with my belief that after working daily with these individuals for about 16 years, and knowing their honesty, their integrity, believing that they never withheld information from me, and recollecting rather clearly that meeting from 2001 ... and what they described to me at the time, that it merited my unconditional support.Spanier was forced out by the board of trustees a few days later, and the next year he also was charged over his handling of the Sandusky matteer.dddddddddddd A state appeals court this year threw out several of the charges against all three administrators, but they remain accused of failure to properly report suspected abuse and endangering the welfare of children. They await trial in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.Spanier, who remains a Penn State faculty member, testified he had no knowledge of a 1998 police investigation into Sandusky showering with another boy on campus and had limited recollection of responding with Curley and Schultz to the 2001 incident McQueary said he witnessed.When the first set of charges was announced in November 2011, Spanier said he took the draft statement that day to about 30 of the universitys senior executives. He said he told them that if they were falsely accused of a crime, he would issue the same type of statement on their behalf.Everybody in the room worked with them for years and had exactly the same sentiment I had, Spanier testified.He said he wasnt thinking about McQueary when drafting the statement and didnt realize McQueary was a key figure in the investigation and an unnamed assistant described in the grand jury presentment used to help charge Sandusky.I was not casting aspersions on anybody else, because when that statement was drafted, I hadnt read the grand jury presentment, Spanier testified. My entire knowledge base was from a short conversation a decade earlier, and my focus was on these two individuals who I knew and worked with.McQuearys defamation, whistleblower and misrepresentation lawsuit is seeking more than $4 million in lost wages. The trial is expected to continue into next week.Sandusky was convicted of dozens of counts of child sexual abuse in 2012 and is serving a lengthy prison sentence but maintains hes innocent. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz