Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 9 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

21.01.2020 07:23
sed in the ninth.We had some opportunities. We capitalized in the second inning, Yost said. We had a couple of more opportunitie Antworten

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami used a first-half surge to deny Florida Atlantic a second consecutive upset win.Davon Reed scored 21 points on 6-of-10 shooting and tied his career high by making 5 of 9 3-pointers to lead the Hurricanes to a 76-56 victory over the Owls on Friday night.Miami and Florida Atlantic played their first game after a 10-day layoff for fall semester final exams. Before the break, the visiting Owls defeated Ohio State 79-77, on Dec. 6.We know not to underestimate any opponent, Reed said. They handled business at Ohio State. Me personally I wasnt necessarily worried about that. I was just worried about coming in and taking care of business against FAU.Miami (8-2) took the lead for good after a 12-2 run during a 4:36 stretch midway through the first half. Anthony Lawrence keyed the surge with two 3-pointers. Lawrences second 3 with 8:05 remaining capped the spurt and increased the Hurricanes lead to 20-12.Bruce Browns layup with 1:03 to go gave Miami its largest advantage of the first half at 39-22. Reed converted 3 of 4 3-pointers in the Hurricanes dominant first half.My teammates just found me and I was able to knock some down early, Reed said. I was feeling pretty good from the beginning.Brown scored 14 points and finished with eight rebounds. Lawrence finished with 13 points and made all three of his 3-pointers.The Hurricanes limited Florida Atlantic (3-6) to 3 of 17 from 3-point range after the Owls converted 10 from behind the arc against Ohio State.The key was getting back defensively and defending the 3, Miami coach Jim Larranaga said. That was a point of emphasis and I thought the guys did a great job there.Marcus Neely scored 12 points and Adonis Filer finished with 11 points for the Owls.Coming in, on tape watching, I thought this was going to be the best defensive team that we will face all season, Florida Atlantic coach Michael Curry said. They were really good defensively.Once they score and get a lead its tough to come back on them because they smother you.BIG PICTUREMiami: Kamari Murphy finished with 10 rebounds despite missing 11 minutes in the first half because of foul trouble. Murphy has double figure rebounds in four of his last six games.Florida Atlantic: The Owls scored a season-low 24 points in the first half. Florida Atlantics previous low was 27 in its 64-63 loss against Hawaii on Nov. 14.COURT SLIPPAGEPlayers slipped on several occasions during the game. Watsco Center hosted Miamis fall graduation ceremony on Thursday. You clean it but there is still that residue that remains, Larranaga said of the playing surface. You have to clean it several times. Hopefully that wont happen again.MINUTES HIGHNeely played a season-high 21 minutes against the Hurricanes. The fifth-year senior also tied a season-high six rebounds.UP NEXTMiami: The Hurricanes will host George Washington on Dec. 22.Florida Atlantic: The Owls begin a four-game home stand on Dec. 21, when they host Webber International. Justice Hill Jersey . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Terrell Suggs Jersey . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. http://www.customravensjersey.com/custom-matthew-judon-jersey-large-2213d.html .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Chris Moore Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Jason Brookins Jersey .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Royals starter Yordano Ventura returned from an eight-game suspension for his role in a benches-clearing fight, only to get slapped around by the St. Louis offense on Tuesday night.It wasnt even the worst thing to happen to Kansas City, either.That was the moment All-Star outfielder Lorenzo Cain reached for his hamstring while trying to beat out a single in the seventh inning of an 8-4 loss. Cain immediately left the game and declined to speak to reporters in the clubhouse, though he appeared to be walking without much of a limp.I wish I had an answer for you but it doesnt happen that quick, Royals manager Ned Yost said. Well have an MRI soon as they can get him in. Well determine how much fluid is on it and what the extent is.As for Ventura -- well, Yost didnt have much of an answer for that performance, either.I thought he was OK. I was really pleased he stayed with himself, Yost said. He was inconsistent at times with his arm slot, but a lot of good signs out there for me.Just about everybody in the Cardinals lineup contributed to their offense, while Michael Wacha (4-7) allowed four runs over six bumpy innings -- he served up nine hits and three walks.We could have helped him with a couple plays we need to make, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said.His bullpen nearly gave away the win, too: Seung Hwan Oh loaded the bases with one out in the ninth before getting pinch-hitter Alex Gordon to pop out and inducing Eric Hosmer into a routine fielders choice.I dont want to put the team in that situation, Oh said through a translator.The cross-state series shifts to St. Louis for two more games beginning Wednesday night.Ventura actually breezed through the first inning on just 12 pitches, but trouble came promptly in the second. He gave up three hits, walked two and Yadier Molina, Kolten Wong and Greg Garcia drove in runs.He appeared to settle down over the next couple innings before more trouble hit in the fifth.Matt Carpenter started it with a homer to center, the 48th allowed by a Kannsas City pitcher this month -- the club record is 51 in May 2006.dddddddddddd Matt Adams added a sacrifice fly later in the inning to make it 5-2.Venturas night was done in the sixth, when another hit and walk brought Yost ambling from the dugout. He was charged with seven runs on seven hits, three walks and a hit batter in 5 1/3 innings.Theres no excuse to the outing, but I felt a little weird at times just because of the layoff, he said. Its not an excuse. Ill continue to work hard in-between starts and get back after it.Carpenter provided an RBI double and Brandon Moss and Matt Holliday made it 8-2 later in the sixth inning before reliever Brian Flynn finally got Kansas City out of the jam.The Royals tacked on two runs in the bottom half before its comeback collapsed in the ninth.We had some opportunities. We capitalized in the second inning, Yost said. We had a couple of more opportunities. We made it exciting in the ninth inning, but couldnt make anything happen.YOURE OUTTA HEREPlate umpire Tim Timmons tossed Royals RHP Edinson Volquez from the bench during the third inning, though it was unclear what prompted the ejection. It was the second time Volquez has been ejected in his career.ROSTER MOVESThe Cardinals activated C Brayan Pena (left knee surgery) from the DL and designated C Eric Fryer for assignment. Pena signed a $5 million, two-year deal to backup Yadier Molina but has not played this season.TRAINERS ROOMCardinals SS Aledyms Diaz had no structural damage after fouling a ball off the ground Monday night that ricocheted back off his forehead. He experienced blurry vision in his right eye and visited the hospital after the game, but Matheny said Tuesday that Diaz should be back in a few days.UP NEXTRHP Carlos Martinez takes the mound for the Cardinals while Kansas City counters with Volquez on the mound at Busch Stadium. Martinez is 3-0 in his last five starts. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz