Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 10 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

21.01.2020 07:23
weeps aside Monfils Milos Raonic showed no after-effects of a recent injury as he beat Gael Monfils He said: I didnt feel any pa Antworten

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Barry Odom didnt want to abandon the system that Gary Pinkel used at Missouri to produce two Southeastern Conference East Division titles in the past three seasons.So when Odom takes the field for the first time Saturday as the Tigers head coach at West Virginia, Pinkels influence will still be felt.It would be foolish to not stick with a lot of the things that coach has built a foundation here on, said Odom, who served on Pinkels staff for 10 years, including the 2015 season as defensive coordinator.Behind sophomore quarterback Drew Lock, Missouri is trying to rebound from a 5-7 season a year ago. Lock completed just 49 percent of his passes with eight interceptions in eight games.Missouri started with three straight wins. But starting quarterback Maty Mauk was suspended before the fifth game and eventually booted from the team.On-campus protests over the administrations handling of racial and student welfare issues led to Missouri players threatening to boycott a game in November, the same month Pinkel announced he would retire after the season to fight non-Hodgkin lymphoma.While Odom is making his debut, Dana Holgorsen starts his sixth season at West Virginia hoping it wont be his last.West Virginia reached eight wins a year ago for the first time since 2011, when the Mountaineers went 10-3 in Holgorsens first season. But he has gone 26-25 since, including 15-21 since joining the Big 12 in 2012.Hes entering the fifth year of a six-year contract and fans want production now.Holgorsen hasnt publicly discussed his job security. He said what keeps him up at night is preparing for this years opening opponent based on watching film from last season.Theres only so much time in the day that you can have to be able to figure out what they do, Holgorsen said.It marks the first time since 1996 that Missouri starts the season on the road.---Some other things to know in the sixth- meeting between Missouri and West Virginia:TRANSFER ROSS: Alex Ross joins Missouri this season as a graduate transfer from Oklahoma and returns to Morgantown where he gave the Mountaineers fits in 2014, scoring on a 100-yard kickoff return for the Sooners. Missouri ranked dead last in the Bowl Subdivision in kickoff returns a year ago at 15.1 yards per attempt. Ross also shores up a backfield that was last in the SEC at 115 rushing yards per game.NEW COORDINATORS: Josh Heupel takes over as Missouris offensive coordinator. Heupel spent last season at Utah State and helped mentor Heisman Trophy winners Jason White and Sam Bradford at Oklahoma. Joe Wickline is now handling the offense for West Virginia after having the same job at Texas.WEST VIRGINIA D: The Mountaineers have nine new starters on defense. But Holgorsen points out the unit has plenty of playing experience. All 11 starters are juniors or seniors.KICKER SIDELINED: West Virginia placekicker Josh Lambert, a Lou Groza Award finalist in 2014, sat out spring practice and is serving a three-game suspension for an undisclosed violation of Big 12 eligibility rules. He tied for the Big 12 lead a year ago with 17 field goals. Mike Molina, who handled kickoffs in three games last year, will temporarily fill in.ODOM THE PLAYER: Odom started at inside linebacker for the Tigers when they beat West Virginia in the 1998 Insight.com Bowl. Thats the last time the teams met. He graduated in 1999 and is seventh in school history in career tackles with 362.---AP college football website: http://collegefootball.ap.org Corey Linsley Super Bowl Jersey .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Brett Favre Super Bowl Jersey . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. http://www.officialgreenbaypackerspro.com/Jk-scott-packers-jersey/ . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. Tony Brown Super Bowl Jersey .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. Marcedes Lewis Super Bowl Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami.Milos Raonic said dispatching Gael Monfils 6-3 6-4 in his opening ATP World Tour Finals match was the perfect way to overcome doubts about his fitness. The world No 4 pulled out of his Paris Masters semi-final with Andy Murray last Saturday with a torn quadricep and there had been fears over his participation in London this week.Those were swept aside in a comprehensive triumph over a misfiring Monfils on Sunday night and although Raonic admitted he was not at 100 per cent, the match went far better than he expected. Raonic sweeps aside Monfils Milos Raonic showed no after-effects of a recent injury as he beat Gael Monfils He said: I didnt feel any pain to the injury I had. I think other muscles might be overworking to maybe compensate for that. I can feel them a little bit more fatigued and sore than they normally would be.But the injury is good. I feel like this is an ideal way to start considering the doubts that I was having. Some of the things I heard in the diagnosis were not the most positive, so this was a great way to turn around. Raonic dominated Monfils with his serve I dont think the expectations of what I can achieve have changed. I think the only thing that has changed is can I get through a match.Raonics victory over Monfils was built on his outstanding serving. He won 85 per cent of points on his first serve and 75 per cent on his second serve, and also produced 30 winners.His next match will be on Tuesday against Novak Djokovic, who defeated Dominic Thiem in three sets earlier on Sunday. Raonic explains his serve at the Sky Pad after beating Monfils Raonic added: I watched a little bit of his match today.ddddddddddddHe was very commanding towards the end of his match. He really stepped up after a difficult, slow start.Its going to be a difficult task that I have ahead of me. I feel like Im doing some things well. I feel like I can do some things better.Watch every day of the ATP World Tour Finals, from November 13-20, live on Sky Sports. Full schedule here. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Also See: Djokovic wins O2 opener Djokovic denies temper issue World Tour Finals on Sky Sports Shots to watch at the O2 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz