Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jokergreen0220 Offline

12.07.2018 11:17
middle of the green Antworten

Jon Jones six straight title defences have two things in common. Sean Davis Steelers Jersey . First, they have all been against an opponent he has never fought before, and second, he has won them all. On Saturday Jones will once again face a challenger he has yet to meet in the octagon. Whether he wins or not is an entirely different story. At UFC 172 at the Baltimore Arena, Jones (19-1) will put his undisputed light heavyweight title on the line against Glover Teixeira. "Its the ultimate level of excitement to go out there and fight someone that you never sparred against before or you never had any physical contact with before," Jones said. "You figure out their strengths, their speed, what theyre good at. You figure it all out there on the fly. It just makes you feel so alive." Teixeira (22-2) is hailed as one of Jones biggest threats for the title at 205 lbs., thanks in large part to a 20-fight win streak he has put together over the last seven years. His pedigree is heightened more so by the fact that in those 20 consecutive victories he has finished his opponent 18 times (7 KO, 5 TKO, 6 submission). The streak, however, is nothing new to Jones. If not for a disqualification loss to Matt Hamill in 2009 for striking with illegal elbows, he would be a perfect 20-0 in his mixed martial arts career. He has also won 10 fights in a row since the DQ. Nonetheless, the achievement is not lost on the champ. "Obviously its something that I have to respect. Hes won 20 fights in a row for a reason," Jones said. "He must be something unique, special, but it motivates me. To beat a guy who has won 20 fights in a row you have to be something thats even more special." Although Teixeiras highlight reel could be used as a horror movie for pending opponents, Jones has certainly proven himself to be that "special" commodity. After winning the title in a dominant TKO of Maruicio "Shogun" Rua in 2011, Jones has gone on to successfully defend his belt against four former champions - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans and Vitor Belfort - as well as one of the sports best wrestlers in Chael Sonnen and a narrow decision victory over Alexander Gustafsson. His latest fight, the five-round war with Gustafsson, showed the world that there are few things the reigning champion cant do. He had never looked so vulnerable in the octagon after being awarded the unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46). He had never looked more exposed, battered and beaten than he did that night. But in the end his hand was raised and the belt was back around his waist. Seven months later, Jones returns as what might be an even more dangerous fighter. "Having a long fight, having a marathon-style fight, it definitely gives me more confidence to know that not only do I have the cardio to keep up, I have the heart to keep up when the going gets tough," he said. It has long been known, and proven in his fight with Gustafsson and in many challenges before, that Jones is a superior physical specimen. He has a natural speed and precision that is a nightmare for all competitors, but its his aforementioned heart and mental strength that separates him. Meditation is a vital part of Jones training regiment, culminating on fight day when Jones says he likes to take his team away from the clutter of the upcoming event to prepare his mind for battle. "Well just look up some parks and beautiful scenic areas to go to, usually based around nature, and go visit that and just get some time away from the cameras and the hotel and well spend anywhere from an hour to two hours out there, just clear our heads and refocus on why were actually there in that town or city and thats my thing, thats what I do," he said. Jones also admits he is a visualizer. He enters every fight with the thought of his hand being raised, carrying the belt out of the arena and getting ready to prepare for another challenger. Clearly, its working. "Your mental approach is ultimately what reflects on the outcome of everything you do in life," he said. "I definitely credit my mental approach to martial arts and life to the success in the octagon." As for his seventh title defence, which would set a new light heavyweight record should he win, Jones is once again ready for a fighter he has never faced before. "Ill go out there and just be something that Glover couldnt train for - young, fast, athletic, creative, different," Jones said. "I see myself confusing him, frustrating him and ultimately stopping him one way or another whether its TKO, submission or a knockout. I plan on going out there and fighting smart, fighting hard and breaking him." Terrell Edmunds Steelers Jersey . As analysts we do the same thing, so here are some observations from week one. First there were two major upsets. I should say, major upsets in the eyes of the fans and prognosticators. Jon Bostic Jersey .S. -- Carl-Antoine Delisle snapped a tie in the third period with his second goal of the game to lead the Tigres past Cape Breton 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Wednesday as Victoriaville won its eighth in a row. http://www.shoptheofficialsteelers.us/steelers-james-washington-super-bowl-jersey-authentic/ . Toronto dropped a 7-2 decision to the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday afternoon, with only a pair of late runs preventing a second straight shutout loss. Josh Willingham belted a two-run homer in the first inning and Kendrys Morales hit a bases-clearing double in the seventh as the Twins took the rubber game of the three-game series.PINEHURST, N.C. -- At least Phil Mickelson probably wont face another close call at the U.S. Open. The six-time runner-up and zero-time champion slipped well off the pace Friday with a 73 that left him at 3 over -- 13 strokes behind record-setting leader Martin Kaymer. Its mostly because of his putter. After ditching the claw grip in favour of a more traditional one, Mickelson missed a series of putts that would have put him at least a little closer to Kaymer. "The hole looks like a thimble to me right now," Mickelson said. "Im having a hard time finding it." Now, at a tournament where everybodys seemingly playing for second, hes facing quite a climb to claw back within striking distance on a Pinehurst No. 2 course that 15 years ago was the site of the first of his many second-place finishes. Teenage playing partner Matthew Fitzpatrick called Mickelson "the master" of "getting out of trouble" and that ability certainly will be put to the test this weekend. "I feel like Im playing well enough to win the U.S. Open," Mickelson said. "Except for putting." Mickelson has been saying his putting could use some tweaking. Hes 100th among PGA Tour players in total putting this year after finishing 11th in that stat in 2013. So in an attempt to get his stroke back, he switched to a claw grip for the Open. Even after he shot even par during the first round, he said he wasnt sure how long hed stick with it. All of 18 holes, it turned out. "I felt like I identified what I was struggling with, and I thought it was my eye line had gotten well over the golf ball," Mickelson said. "So as I moved the ball away and put my eyes over the ball instead of over the top, I felt like thats how I putted last year, so I went back to my regular grip." Reverting back to the conventional grip for Round 2, Mickelson got off to an encouraging start with birdies on consecutive early holes. Then came the pesky par-3 sixth that "shook me a little bit." Mickelson plopped his tee shot onto the green, but three-putted for a four after his short par atttempt hugged the lip of the cup before spinning out. Steelers Jerseys. Two holes later, he pushed his short putt wide left and settled for bogey -- the second straight day he bogeyed both holes. "After that," he said, "I was really fighting it." He added bogeys on two holes he birdied a day earlier -- on the par-5 10th, and on the 14th after spinning another short par putt around the lip of the cup. He ended his round by missing an 11-foot par putt on the 18th and tapping in for his fifth bogey. "Whenever you putt well and you make short ones and you make those 5-, 6-footers and youre running a couple of 20-footers in, the game feels easy," Mickelson said. "You dont put pressure on yourself to hit it close. You can hit more of the middle of the greens. Your ball striking then becomes a lot easier. Your targets are a lot bigger." Because that hasnt happened here yet, it sure looks like when Mickelson turns 44 on Monday, hell still be one victory shy of the career Grand Slam. The three-time Masters champ, 2005 PGA Championship winner and 2013 British Open champion began his run of runner-ups at this course 15 years ago when it staged its first Open. He was preparing for a playoff with the late Payne Stewart when Stewart sank a memorable 15-foot putt for par and the win -- and a statue of Stewart in that moment stands just beyond the green on 18. Mickelson led by a stroke heading into the last hole at Winged Foot in 2006 but finished with a double bogey. Last year, at Merion he led during the final round but finished two strokes behind Justin Rose. But after the way his putter struggled in Round 2, second place doesnt sound too bad. Besides, hes only seven strokes behind Brendon Todd for second. "Im not overly optimistic. Obviously Im not in good position, but more than that ... you cant fire at a lot of the pins," he said. "Youve got to make 25-, 30-footers, Im just not doing it. Im not going to give up. You just never know. Ive had rounds that kind of clicked. ... Tomorrow, I need to shoot 6- or 7-under par to have a realistic chance." Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz