Opera glasses developed from a series of other inventions. All this started in 1608 when the Dutch optician Hans Lipperhey created binoculars consisting of two parallel telescopes. Their magnification capability was a (very impressive for the time) x3. Within one year the Italian mathematician and philosopher Galileo Galilee made massive improvements to the techniques and types of lenses used in telescopes Cheap Fake Replica College Jerseys , thereby increasing the magnification ability to x30.
Initially binoculars had one major drawback: Although they allowed for a much wider field of view, they used two convex lenses Cheap Replica College Jerseys Online , which inverted the image! It took more than 100 years for the next major step forward: in 1617 Anton Schyrle constructed binoculars with an additional lens that re-inverted the image. More than–0 years later a certain John Dollond of England started manufacturing achromatic (color-free) lenses and with that solve another problem bugging binoculars – that of color distortion.
The next step forward was made when an Italian gunnery officer by the name of Ignazio Porro developed prismatic binoculars during the ’50s. These offered an even wider field of vision than earlier binoculars and also a drastically improved magnification ability.
Understand the customer is critical. The problem today is that one package may not satisfy the needs and requirements of all buyers.
There are many niche markets out there and each one requires specialized packaging. So if you are targeting one of those, do your research first. What works for one target market may not work for another. So....
1) Find out what package attributes appeal to the customer you are targeting. If it is a harried homemaker shopping for your product then convenience of use had better be at the top of the list. Those over 50 are seeking convenience too but issues like the size of print on the package and ease of use top their priority list. Make sure your package employs the characteristics that appeal to your target market.
2) Understand how the package will be used. Families no longer sit and eat a meal with everyone at the same time. There are special diet requirements or dieting in general in most households. It s not uncommon to serve different meals to different individuals. Package sizes will vary accordingly. EX: People who travel a lot buy sample or trial size packages because they are small and easy to deal with
3) Know your customers current buying trends. Several years ago Cheap Replica College Jerseys From China , we went through the supersized phase. There are still a lot of supersized packages; however, buying trends are changing to smaller sizes in general. To package smaller does not mean less profit Cheap Replica College Jerseys China , in many cases it means more. Consumers are willing to pay a premium for convenience, ease of use and a smaller quantity. Remember the three premium baking potatoes in a package cost almost the price of a 5 lb bag. If you live with just one other person Cheap Replica College Jerseys , do you really need 5 lbs of potatoes?
4) Keep abreast of new packaging technologies. Creative, new products have the advantage in the marketing world even if their technology is not new. Several years ago Fake Replica College Jerseys , Metedent took the world by storm with the duel aperture dispensing mechanism. Recently hosts of new cleaning products have revived interest in this type of dispensing. Look for innovate ways to combine two products into one package.
5) Watch where people shop. There is a shift from traditional retailers to new and innovative store formats. The convenience store, once considered a low-end marketer Replica College Jerseys Online , has now transitioned into store that provides premium products at a premium price. This evolved from the hurry up and go mindset demonstrated in today's shopping habits. Recent studies are showing that consumers no longer make one big trip and stock up but make several trips a week and get just what is needed at the moment at the most easily accessible retail : The grab and go cups of snack foods convenience stores are now offering. This category did not exist a couple of years ago.
6) Keep pace with "hot button" packaging issues. This includes legislation too. People do really care about the environment and the amount of excess packaging. There is a move afoot to expand the number of vegetable-based plastic materials used in food packaging. If packaging consumers give these products their endorsement, look for other new products to surface. Legislation can change packaging mandates overnight. There have been "bottle bills Replica College Jerseys From China ," surcharges and bans that prohibit the use of certain packages. EX: Several fast food companies are test marketing corn-based plastic packaging materials. Ex: Ban on juice boxes in Maine and aerosol cans in Chicago.