Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

19.07.2018 15:06
.On defense, the Cardinals added Pro Bo Antworten

ATLANTA -- Jon Gray loved being in a pitchers duel with Julio Teheran for seven innings.The rookie right-hander was disappointed the Colorado Rockies didnt win, but he enjoyed battling the Atlanta Braves ace.The first couple of innings I was kind of trying to find my groove, but then I got going, Gray said. It was fun. I was glad to keep us in the game.Gonzalez Germen gave up Chase dArnauds single with two outs in the ninth, and the Rockies missed a chance to sweep the Atlanta Braves with a 1-0 loss on Sunday.Gray, who allowed five hits and three walks in a career-high 115 pitches, stranded two runners in the seventh with his fifth strikeout. That ended his day and gave him a 3.11 ERA and 64 strikeouts in his last 10 games.Not bad considering the sweltering conditions and a 102-degree heat index.It took a little while for him to get a feel for his slider, but he adjusted, catcher Tony Wolters said. Sometimes it takes a while to warm up even on this kind of day.The Braves are just 14-36 at Turner Field and have baseballs worst overall record, but they snapped a four-game skid to Colorado.Atlanta used four relievers and the Rockies one before Germen (2-1) gave up Ender Inciartes leadoff single in the ninth.Anthony Recker bunted over Inciarte, who advanced to third on a wild pitch and scored on dArnauds liner to left field.Teheran scattered three hits, walked one and struck out five. Pitching for the majors weakest offense, the two-time All-Star remained winless with a 2.90 ERA in 11 home starts.Whenever I go out there, I just try to do my job and give the team a chance to win, just concentrate on that, Teheran said. If I get the win Im happy with that, and if I dont get the win and the team still wins, Im happy with that.Teheran didnt allow a baserunner until Wolters singled in the fourth. That was all Colorado could muster until Charlie Blackmon singled with two outs in the sixth.Daniel Delscaso was the third Rockie to get into scoring position with a double in the seventh. Cristhian Adames, the next batter, drew a four-pitch walk before Brandon Barnes grounded out.Thats why Teheran is an All-Star, Barnes said. Hes got good stuff and he competes out there. Give it to Jon for keeping us in the game.Jim Johnson (2-5) gave up one walk in two-thirds of an inning to get the win.DArnaud went 3 for 5 with three singles. Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Nolan Arenado and Carlos Gonzalez -- the top four hitters in Colorados lineup -- went a combined 2 for 15 and stranded five runners.TOUGH WEEKENDBraves 1B Freddie Freeman, who had a cancerous mole removed from his upper back earlier in the week, struck out four times, stranded three runners and went 0 for 11 in the series.IN THE DIRT AGAINTeherans wild pitch in the sixth was the Braves ninth in the series. Atlanta leads the majors with 52 wild pitches.TRAINERS ROOMBraves RHP Shae Simmons, sidelined by Tommy John surgery the last 1 1/2 years, will throw a simulated game on Monday.UP NEXTRockies: LHP Tyler Anderson (1-3) won on July 9 for the first time in six starts. He will face Tampa Bay for the first time.Braves: RHP Matt Wisler (4-8) is 1-0 with a 2.70 ERA in one career start against Cincinnati. Patrik Laine Stanley Cup Jersey . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. Youth Jets Jerseys . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. http://www.cheapwinnipegjetsjerseys.us/ben-chiarot-stanley-cup-jersey/ . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Wholesale Jets Jerseys . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. Steve Mason Stanley Cup Jersey . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals ended one of the NFLs longer training camps on Friday, shutting it down amid talk around the league that this could be a Super Bowl team.I thought it was very business-like, coach Bruce Arians said. I thought our guys came to work every day. We had maybe two lull practices, mostly young guys.Arians said the three players who came off the physically unable to perform list last week -- All-Pro defensive back Tyrann Mathieu, cornerback Justin Bethel and defensive lineman Frostee Rucker -- will get 10 to 12 plays in Sundays preseason game at Houston.Mathieu had the day off from Fridays practice.Bethel jumps into the fight for the only starting job not settled, cornerback opposite Patrick Peterson.Arians said Mike Jenkins is in the mix, along with rookie Brandon Williams, who started the first two preseason games.Its up in the air between three guys, Arians said.Jenkins, signed as a free agent after two seasons with Tampa Bay, broke his hand early in practice and is playing with a cast on it, albeit a smaller one than he had at first.The cornerback position is critical for the Cardinals because opposing quarterbacks rarely throw in the direction of the All-Pro Peterson.Arians said he is uncertain how much the starters will play against the Texans. Quarterback Carson Palmer is expected to play less than one half.Jake Coker, the undrafted rookie quarterback from Alabama, will miss the game with a sore knee. Arians said an MRI was planned but he expected Coker, who faces an uphill fight to make the roster, to be back next week.The expectations for running back David Johnson are as high as they are for the team.As a starter in the final five games of the regular season, Johnson ran for 658 yards, had 216 yards receiving and scored five touchdowns. Overall, he led the team in touchdowns with 13 -- eight rushing, four receiving and one kickoff return.Johnson embraces the hype.Its good for me, he said. After the way I ended last year, the expectations are high, definitely. I feel like Im readyy to prove my worth.ddddddddddddThe expectations are equally high for the Cardinals, who went 13-3 last season -- second-best record in the NFC -- but finished with a blowout loss to Carolina in the NFC championship game.Every skill player on offense who gained a yard or scored a point for the No. 1 offense in the league last season is back. The offensive line is rebuilt, with veteran Evan Mathis at right guard and T.J. Humphries, a first-round draft pick who didnt suit up for a game as a rookie last season, at right tackle.The first-team offense drove the length of the field in the preseason opening loss to Oakland but didnt do much in three series in the second game, a loss at San Diego. But Arians and Palmer said theyre not concerned because its only preseason and the first team offense hasnt played much.On defense, the Cardinals added Pro Bowl outside linebacker Chandler Jones in a trade with New England and signed free agent safety Tyvon Branch.Arians was asked how newcomers Mathis, Jones and Branch have done.I think all those guys are exactly what we hoped for, the coach said, solid pros, team-oriented people, want to do whatever it takes to win a championship.The Cardinals reported to camp on July 28. They stayed in a nearby hotel and practiced in the air-conditioned comfort of University of Phoenix Stadium, their home in the regular season.Arians said he stretched the length of camp because he didnt want to crowd 90 players into the practice bubble at the teams practice facility in Tempe, where workouts would have had to be held because of the deserts searing heat.The Cardinals move back to Tempe for practices Monday and Tuesday. They are home against Denver in the final preseason game next Thursday night, a contest that most of the starters will sit out. Arizona opens its regular season Sept. 11 at home against New England.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz