Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

29.07.2018 11:16
he San Diego Padres, he is 3-11 with a 7.11 ERA Antworten

Last December, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran found support from an unlikely quarter. With a week to go for the Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships in Surat, an ill-prepared Sathiyan realized he was yet to pick a mixed doubles partner for the event. What followed was a last-minute pairing with West Bengals Ankita Das and a gold medal finish. Beyond the gilt-edged outcome, a sombre truth united the players -- both had lost their fathers the previous month.It was the first tournament either of us was playing since our fathers had died, Sathiyan told ESPN in a chat. We both knew exactly what the other was going through. After such a huge loss, any pressure, challenge or outcome seemed small to us. They became the first Indian pair to win a gold medal in the Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships.On Monday, the 23-year-old from Chennai rewrote history books yet again by coming the youngest Indian and only the second after Achanta Sharath Kamal to win an International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) title - the Belgium Open. It was a giant leap for the 150-odd ranked player who has been training in Grunwettersbach, Germany, since September and turns out for third-division club TSG Kaiserslautern there. A pro tour title allows you to hope and dream big, he said. A spot in the top 50 is my aim for the next two years now.Sathiyans journey as a table tennis player hasnt been free from moments of self-doubt. Hailing from a conventional family background, a career in sport was considered fickle and frowned upon. Midway through my engineering course I realized that its not what I really wanted to, he said. Table tennis was the only thing that never failed to amaze me.A large share of the plaudits for Sathiyans success has gone to coach S Raman, a former Olympian under whom the player has trained in Chennai for over four years now. Sweet timing has been one of Sathiyans most special facets right from his early years, said Raman. If he adds more muscle power, his shots can be a lot more explosive.Aggressive play has been a recent addition to Sathiyans arsenal and has brought him success already. At the nationals in January, he beat his idol, Sharath Kamal, in the semi-finals.He has grown a lot more aggressive on both flanks, said Raman. Theres still some work that needs to be done though on his serve and physical fitness levels. Serve is the only component that is in your control as a player and one that can help you dictate overall play.Sathiyan will return to Germany for a fortnight in November and then again in March to wrap up the season. He said the European stint had added teeth to his game. Though he ruled out shifting his base to Europe, he hoped for a longer season there next year.Its tough to establish yourself in Europe as every team allows only one Asian, he said. Also to be by yourself in a different country... [it] is difficult to adapt. But thats the sacrifice you make to become a champion.Despite various challenges, Sathiyan managed to complete his engineering degree in 2014, one that possibly cost him a decent head start in the sport. This way, I figured, even if Im injured and my career is cut short, Id at least have the luxury of an option, he said with a laugh. Logan Forsythe Jersey . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. Cheap Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. http://www.cheapdodgersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-enrique-hernandez-jersey . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. Kenley Jansen Jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Cody Bellinger Jersey .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. CHICAGO -- Left-hander Drew Smyly will try to extend his unbeaten streak to 12 starts when the Tampa Bay Rays go on the road to open a four-game series against the Chicago White Sox on Monday night.Smyly, 27, owns the Rays longest streak without a loss since right-hander Alex Cobb had an 11-start stretch in 2014. Smyly (7-11, 4.86 ERA) is 5-0 with a 3.60 ERA in 11 starts since July 23. During that span, he has walked 19 and struck out 51 in 65 innings.Individual achievements are the most relevant storylines remaining as the Rays (65-90) and White Sox (74-81) prepare for a long offseason with no hope of reaching the playoffs.The White Sox won back-to-back games over the Indians on Saturday and Sunday in Cleveland after losing their previous six games in a row.Chicago has enjoyed success at home this season. Manager Robin Venturas club is 41-33 at home and just 33-48 on the road.Ventura said he has no problem with his players chasing statistical milestones as the season neared its end. Todd Frazier has 39 home runs and 96 RBI. Jose Abreu is hitting .297 with 97 RBI, putting him well within reach of finishing the season with a .300-plus average and 100-plus RBI.We know where were at, Ventura said. But theres still guys going out there that have a lot of pride. ... You have some things to play for. There are still important, I dont know if they are milestones, but there are numbers guys want to get to.They are going out and doing it in a professional way. Its not greedy.dddddddddddd Its just going out and playing hard, and at the end of the year, you hope your numbers are where they are at.White Sox right-hander James Shields will try to avoid another meltdown in a season that has been filled with them. The 34-year-old is 5-18 with a 5.98 ERA overall this season, and he is 0-6 with a 9.46 ERA in his past 10 starts. Since joining Chicago in a June trade with the San Diego Padres, he is 3-11 with a 7.11 ERA in 20 starts.Shields will face the team that gave him his first opportunity in the big leagues. He went 87-73 with a 3.89 ERA in seven seasons with the Rays from 2006 through 2012.Against the Rays, Shields is 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA in two career starts. He has walked two and struck out 17.The Rays slipped to a season-worst 25 games under .500 after a 3-2 loss to the Boston Red Sox in 10 innings on Sunday afternoon. Rays hitters struck out a franchise-record 23 times.Rays center fielder Kevin Kiermaier left the Sunday game due to a bruised left hand. His status is uncertain for the series opener.Got some treatment on it and hopefully (I will) be ready to go tomorrow, Kiermaier told MLB.com on Sunday. Hopefully the inflammation and swelling goes down and Im good to go.Smyly is 0-0 with a 4.73 ERA in 11 career appearances (four starts) against the White Sox. He has not faced Chicago since 2014. Camo China NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz