Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 269 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

08.08.2018 14:40
four starts remaining, and he Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- The cartilage in Ben Roethlisbergers aching left knee is repaired.And while the Pittsburgh Steelers are optimistic their franchise quarterback will return sooner rather than later after tweaking the knee in the second quarter of a miserable loss in Miami on Sunday, the odds of Roethlisberger being ready for a visit from Tom Brady and the New England Patriots six days removed from the operating table is remote.Roethlisberger rested at home Monday after undergoing arthroscopic surgery and Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin said the team is confident Roethlisberger wont be out long term.But Roethlisbergers teammates began rallying around their backup now facing the most daunting task of his uneven career.Your turn, Landry Jones. Again.Im going to prepare like Ive done in the past and well see what happens, Jones said.Any chance Pittsburgh (4-2) has of hanging in there against the surging Patriots (5-1) depends on it. Taken in the fourth round of the 2013 draft, the former Oklahoma star has made two career starts, both last season.The Steelers went 1-1 in those games, though the victory comes with an asterisk because he left early with an ankle injury and Roethlisberger came on to guide a blowout of Cleveland.Jones was more effective in relief, leading Pittsburgh by Arizona and Oakland when injuries forced Roethlisberger and Michael Vick out of the lineup.Given a full week to prepare for the Patriots, Jones believes offensive coordinator Todd Haley doesnt have to make portions of the playbook off limits to thrive.I felt like I had it last year, Jones said. We didnt change much as all of what we were doing. I expect it to be kind of the same this year.Jones has taken just a handful of snaps this season and threw one incompletion while briefly spelling Roethlisberger in Miami.Hes completed 32 of 56 for 513 yards with three touchdowns and four interceptions in 11 appearances and played extensively with the first team during a preseason in which Roethlisberger made just a token appearance.Practice is so different from games, you never know what youre going to get from a guy until you go into the game, Jones said. Last year I performed pretty well in most of the situations so I feel like I have the confidence of the guys.If the Steelers want to have any hope of keeping up with the Patriots, they dont really have a choice. Several times over the past three years, Jones has seemingly found his roster spot in jeopardy only to survive and -- in very limited instances -- thrive.This guy is a really good college player and now he has the tools around to get the job done, guard Ramon Foster said. Me knowing him, hes going to be a guy that makes sure his success is on the front page.The start also comes at a critical time for Jones, who will be an unrestricted free agent after the season.With Roethlisberger locked up for the rest of the decade, any chance to be in the mix as a legitimate starter will have to come elsewhere. Not that Jones is concerned with his future at the moment. Figuring out the Patriots is hard enough.Jones teammates understand asking Jones to do his best Roethlisberger impersonation is unfair.Hes not as capable as Ben is, running back LeVeon Bell said. Bens been a longtime starter, been in the league for a long time at a high level. Weve got to get (Jones) to the point where hes confident and he feels like he can do no wrong. Thats when he can be striking.Not that its all on Jones. Pittsburghs ugly trip to South Florida included allowing a running back to go over 200 yards rushing for the first time in 16 years and failing to put much pressure on quarterback Ryan Tannehill.Weve just got to be better period, Foster said. Weve got to be the same team every week.Game notes Tight end Ladarius Green, who has spent the season on the physically unable to perform list while recovering from ankle surgery and other health issues, hopes to return to practice this week. ... DE Cam Heyward is unsure if hell be able to return after missing the first game of his career against Miami with a hamstring injury. Heyward said any decision wont be made until much later in the week.---Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL coverage on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Jerseys Factory .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Wholesale Jerseys US . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. http://www.uschinasupplyjerseys.com/ .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. CHICAGO -- With an eye on October, the Chicago Cubs will continue with a six-man rotation this month as lefty Mike Montgomery will remain a starter despite the return of John Lackey from the disabled list.Just trying to keep guys fresh for the rest of the year, manager Joe Maddon said before Sundays game against the San Francisco Giants. Its no more complicated than that.Montgomery will take his next turn in the rotation on Wednesday against the Milwaukee Brewers, giving the starters six days off between outings which includes an off-day on Thursday. The Cubs are taking no chances with their top arms as they prepare for up to three rounds of postseason baseball.Last year we saw it right before our eyes with Jake [Arrieta], Maddon said. The jump he encountered and what it meant at the end of last season.Its well documented how Arrieta hit a wall last year in the NLCS against the New York Mets after increasing his workload from the year before. The Cubs can be conservative with their starters as a result of their double-digit lead in their division.Right now, throughout the industry youre hearing about fatigue and people being skipped and all that stuff, Maddon said. Right now our starters aare pitching as well as they have all year.dddddddddddd I would like to think if we continue along this path well keep that freshness about them.The one obstacle Maddon knows hell run into is with his veteran pitchers. They dont necessarily like being pushed back extra days. Jon Lester, in particular, judges his season on whether he pitches 200 innings more than any other statistic. He has reached that number seven times in his career, needing 31 innings this year to hit that plateau.You run into a lot of regular starters that dont like that because theyve been trained not to like that, Maddon said. Under Maddons plan Lester should have four starts remaining, and he would need to average over seven innings per start to reach 200. Thats not likely to happen. Maddon believes preparing for a World Series run will trump individual accomplishments.At that point I think theyll pretty happy, the manager stated. If you have someone you like in the 6-hole it makes it easier ... At the end of the day theyve been trained to think a certain way. I get it .I totally get it. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz