Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 281 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

11.08.2018 08:16
14) is 0-6 with a 3.59 ERA in 11 career games against Ch Antworten

DETROIT -- When the Detroit Tigers spent millions last offseason to sign Jordan Zimmermann and Justin Upton, it appeared they extended their window of opportunity to challenge for a championship for another couple of years.One of those chances went by the wayside in 2016.The Tigers were eliminated from the AL wild-card race on the final day of the season, missing the playoffs for a second straight year. It was a bitter disappointment for a team that came into 2016 with a payroll around $200 million and a roster still built around Miguel Cabrera and Justin Verlander -- two stars who had very productive seasons but are now in their mid-30s.A lot of hard work for naught, Verlander said. You cant say a wasted year because we battled and we gave it everything we had. ... Still, all the hard work in the offseason, all the hard work during the season, and then it comes to an end on the last day. Its tough.Detroits 86-75 record was a 12-game improvement over 2015. The Tigers have not made any announcement about the future of manager Brad Ausmus, but general manager Al Avila can keep the roster largely intact if he wants to. Its not until after the 2017 season that Detroit could face substantial losses in free agency.Here are a few things to know heading into the offseason:YOUNG ARMSWhen the Tigers acquired Michael Fulmer, Daniel Norris and Matt Boyd last year in trades for Yoenis Cespedes and David Price, Detroit hoped those three could provide young, cost-controlled pitching in the seasons to come. The Tigers reaped the rewards of those deals even earlier than expected.Fulmer went 11-7 with a 3.06 ERA in 26 starts. Norris wasnt healthy enough to make that kind of impact, but he was 4-2 with a 3.38 ERA and averaged more than a strikeout per inning. Boyd was 6-5 with a 4.53 ERA.Those three pitchers are perhaps the biggest reason Detroit was able to stay in the postseason race all the way until the end.WILL BRAD BE BACK?The Tigers are 250-234 in three seasons under Ausmus, and theyve finished first, last and now second in the AL Central on his watch. Ausmus did not want to speculate about whether hed be back next year.If Al thinks he would rather have someone else, I would respect his decision, Ausmus said. If Al would like me to do it, I would love to do it.FEAST OR FAMINEZimmermann and Upton, the two big free agents who joined the Tigers last offseason, went through their share of frustration. Zimmermann was 5-0 with a 0.55 ERA in April, but his season ended up being ruined by neck problems, and he finished with an ERA of 4.87.Upton hit 31 home runs, 18 after Aug. 20.COMING AND GOINGDetroit infielders Erick Aybar and Casey McGehee and catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia can become free agents, and the Tigers have team options for next season on outfielder Cameron Maybin and closer Francisco Rodriguez.Detroit can keep all its biggest stars for 2017, but after that, Upton and J.D. Martinez can become free agents.STAYING HEALTHYThe Tigers had their share of injury problems this year, but they had to be encouraged by Cabrera and Verlander, both of whom were able to stay healthy. Victor Martinez also was available to play in 154 games and hit 27 home runs after managing just 11 the previous season.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Discount MLB Jerseys For Sale . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Cheap Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. http://www.cheapmlbjerseysoutlet.com/?tag=cheap-san-francisco-giants-jerseys . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Cheap Seattle Mariners Jerseys . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Cheap Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. CINCINNATI -- The Great American Ball Park scoreboard often taunts opposing pitchers with ghosts and the message Walks will haunt.Tim Adleman didnt need the reminder Wednesday night.The Cincinnati rookie right-hander walked three Milwaukee batters and they all scored while the Brewers were building a 4-0 lead on their way to a 7-0 victory.I buried myself tonight, Adleman said. I was a bit too erratic, and that was a result of me being way too fine. They are good professional hitters. I dont want to take anything away from them, but I gave them too much credit. I should have attacked them instead trying to make too good of pitches. It is frustrating when I think I kind of beat myself out there.Scooter Gennett and Domingo Santana homered, Manny Pina drove in two runs and Chris Carter scored all three times he walked. The Brewers made the most of six hits and six walks to avoid a series sweep and snap Cincinnatis five-game winning streak, a run that matched the Reds season high.We walked six guys and five scored, Reds manager Bryan Price said. I think we hit more balls on the screws than they did but they took advantage of walks.The shutout was the second of the series between the NL Central rivals. Cincinnati won 3-0 on Monday.Junior Guerra (9-3), in his third start since coming off the disabled list with right elbow inflammation, allowed just one baserunner past second base -- Jose Peraza on a one-out triple in the third inning. Guerra bounced back to strike out Tyler Holt and get Joey Votto to ground out to first baseman Chris Carter.Guerra allowed just three hits and two walks with five strikeouts in six innings. He also hit a batter.Corey Knebel, Jhan Marinez and Taylor Jungmann each pitched an inning to complete Milwaukees seventh shutout, matching last seasons total.Carter and Gennett drew back-to-back walks to start the second inning and Santana singled to load the bases with nobody out against Adleman (2-4). Carter and Gennett scored on Pinas bases-loaded soft single to left field.Adleman walked Carter with two outs in the third inning and had two strikes on Gennett befoore the second unloaded his 12th homer of the season into the first row of the right field seats.dddddddddddd.Santana broke the game open with a two-out three-run shot in eighth off Ross Ohlendorf, Santanas eighth of the season. The two runners he drove in ahead of him both reached on walks.Adleman allowed three hits and four runs with three walks and four strikeouts in five innings to slip to 0-3 over his last four starts.Price believes Adleman was better than his numbers.You look at his body of work, Price said. He only has 51 innings, so its hard to tell, but take the second inning. He had two walks then soft contact, soft contact and they had two runs.After the home run by Gennett we were never able to get back in the game.MOUND ARMYRHP Abel De Los Santos became in the sixth inning the franchise-record 31st pitcher used by the Reds this season. The previous record of 30 was set in 2003.NO SPARKCincinnati pitchers teamed up to hold the top three batters in Milwaukees lineup to a combined 0-for-14 with seven strikeouts and a walk.IRON MANCarter has missed just two of Milwaukees 146 games this season. He is four games shy of matching the career high of 148 he set in 2013 with Houston.TRAINERS ROOMBrewers: SS Orlando Arcia and CF Keon Broxton collided in short left-center field trying to track down Perazas bloop single. LF Braun scooped up the ball and threw Peraza out trying to stretch the single into a double. Arcia and Broxton stayed in the game.Reds: 3B Eugenio Suarez was hit by a pitch in the left elbow leading off the second inning. He stayed in the game.UP NEXTBrewers: Milwaukees 11-game trip continues Thursday with the first of four against the Cubs in Chicago. RHP Jimmy Nelson (7-14) is 0-6 with a 3.59 ERA in 11 career games against Chicago.Reds: After taking Thursday off, Cincinnati opens a four-game series against Pittsburgh that includes a day-night doubleheader on Saturday. RHP Robert Stephenson (2-1) will start the opener for the Reds. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz