Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 162 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

12.08.2018 13:27
knew people could have a concussion and not present with any symptoms because thats the way their body works.espnW: Cheerleading Antworten

CHICAGO -- White Sox right-hander James Shields vowed Tuesday to stay in the rotation despite back pain and asked for patience from fans amid the worst season of his career.A day after Chicago manager Robin Ventura suggested Shields could be shut down, the 11-year veteran said a doctors visit produced good news.Knock on wood, I havent missed a start my whole career and I dont really plan on it, either, Shields said. Its one of those things where Im pretty sure Ill be out there on Saturday.Shields struggled early in the season with San Diego, even allowing hefty New York Mets pitcher Barolo Colons first home run in May. He faced public criticism from Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler, then was dealt to the White Sox on June 5.Besides a six-start stretch in July when he had 1.71 ERA, Shields has been hit hard. Hes 3-10 with a 7.50 ERA in 17 starts with Chicago. He said hes had off-and-on back pain.Its been a crazy year, man, Shields said. A lot of things going on. Obviously I got traded. Things that happened in San Diego that werent under my control. Come in here to a new team, probably out of the gates tried to do too much, then settled in and then didnt do to well.Shields was an All-Star with Tampa Bay in 2011 and helped Kansas City reach the World Series in 2014. His nine straight 200-inning seasons make the longest active streak in the majors.I know hes always taken the ball, Ventura said. If hes feeling healthy hes going to go back out there and pitch.The 34-year-old takes pride in his uniquely heavy workload at a time when other pitchers are doing less in an effort to stay healthy and effective.Some years you have a really good feel for the baseball and some years you dont, Shields said. Unfortunately this year I havent felt it like I wanted to. Ive been a bulldog my whole career and Im going to assess things this offseason and hopefully finish strong.Shields, a combined 5-17 with a 6.05 ERA with the Padres and White Sox, is in danger of a 20-loss season if he stays in the rotation.He can opt out of his contract after this season, but almost certainly wont. Hes due $21 million in each of the next two years.I love it here. If there is any city my wife wanted me to go to it was Chicago for sure, Shields said. Hopefully the fans will stick with me a little bit, believe in me and we can get better next year. China Jerseys Cheap Authentic . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. China NFL Jerseys . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. http://www.chinajerseysatwholesale.com/ .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. China Jerseys . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Cheap China Jerseys . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. Concussions have been a front-and-center issue in sports for a few years, but generally the conversation has been focused on professional football. However, the injury is just as likely to affect female athletes, even in noncontact sports.Joanne Gerstner, a sports journalist in-residence at Michigan States College of Communication Arts and Sciences, alongside sports neurologist Jeffrey S. Kutcher, has written a book that examines the breadth of the concussion problem and gives practical advice for youth athletes and their parents.We asked Gerstner about the book Back in the Game: Why Concussion Doesnt Have to End Your Athletic Career.Note: Gerstner is a former editor for espnW.espnW: What was your goal with the book?Joanne Gerstner: Were trying to move people from fear of concussions [and] not acknowledging concussions to a more sophisticated conversation where we acknowledge the risk, but also the benefit of sport and look at the best ways for all of us to proceed safely and have fun.espnW: How do you frame the concussion issue in terms of women and girls?JG: Im really learning that the discussion about concussion in the general publics mind is a very male-dominated thing. They hear concussions being talked about in terms of football or hockey or boxing. But now, being out talking to people, Im hearing, Oh my gosh I didnt realize could get concussions like guys can.At first I was like, Hmm, we all have brains, we can get concussions. But people dont watch womens sports like they watch mens sports. The lawsuits have been directed more at mens entities than womens entities. It stands to reason they would associate concussions with a guys thing, but its really not.espnW: Dont girls and women get more concussions, statistically?JG: Physiologically were different from men, especially in terms of neck strength, especially during the teenage years. So if we are in a collision, say for soccer or basketball, our necks and our heads might jostle more than a guys would. A hormonal state, say the time of the month, can affect your susceptibility to concussions. And women tend to get more migraines than men.Add that all together and there are factors that show women might have a propensity to have concussions. It all comes down to, who are you, what sport are you playing and where is your body in all of this? Because we are all truly individuals and I try to shy away from general statements, but girls can get concussions during cheerlleading, gymnastics, soccer, basketball -- so the risk is there and we need to be aware of it.ddddddddddddespnW: How do we balance wanting our kids to develop independence and a spirit of adventure while still mitigating the risk of concussions?JG: I think you should be worrying about it as much as we worry about anything else with your child. Obviously you dont want your child falling out of a tree and breaking her arm. If shes playing lacrosse, you want to make sure she has proper equipment and good coaching and awareness.And its not just awareness, its that we are going to act on concussion. So if someone is suspected of being hurt, we take them out that we evaluate them. And if your daughter does get hurt, that she has the empowerment and the courage to say, Hey, I dont feel right, take me out? Or if she has a teammate she can say, Hey, Coach, my teammate doesnt seem right, can we take a look at her?Its about taking care of each other and not saying its a bump on the head or feeling obligated to play because Mom and Dad really want me to play. Its about moving away from fear of concussion to looking at it critically and being prepared for it.espnW: Did anything surprising pop up in the reporting for the book?JG: To me the most revelatory thing was talking to the parents about how nuanced a concussion is. I never knew people could have a concussion and not present with any symptoms because thats the way their body works.espnW: Cheerleading -- is that the sport where female athletes suffer the greatest number of injuries?JG: Its murky because a lot of states dont acknowledge cheer as a varsity sport. So getting numbers on cheerleading is challenging compared to basketball, where everyone acknowledges its a sport for both genders.Anecdotally the numbers for cheerleading are high. And just think about the stunting, where you throw a flier up five, 10 feet in the air, you do a flip, you come down. Arms, legs and heads can collide, so its not safe. Its really been fascinating to me -- some people are like, Oh, its cheerleading, how can they get hurt? Have you watched cheerleading lately? Its gymnastics mixed with high-level dance mixed with Cirque du Soleil. Absolutely they can get hurt.Ive talked to cheerleaders at the college level and the pressure on them to do bigger, badder tricks is there. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz