Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 151 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

13.08.2018 10:35
ecause of x, y and z but explained the information passed on by British Sailing ensured she was confident the risk could be mana Antworten

BIRMINGHAM, England -- British sailor Luke Patience has questioned the logic of allowing athletes to compete in the Olympics when the Games does not represent the summit of their sport.The build-up to next months Rio Games has seen a number of high-profile golfers withdraw, citing fears surrounding the Zika virus. Among those is world No. 1 Jason Day and No. 4 Rory McIlroy, who has denied his decision not to take part is?embarrassing for golf.Patience, a silver medallist at London 2012, has effectively had to qualify twice for Rio after his 470 teammate Elliott Willis was diagnosed with cancer at the end of 2015.He will travel to Brazil with realistic gold-medal ambitions having secured his place in Team GB alongside Chris Grube, and is unsympathetic to the concerns of athletes who do not hold the Games in the highest esteem.Possibly a controversial statement but I think if the Olympics isnt the pinnacle of your sport, I would question why the sport is part of the Games, he told ESPN. It should be the ultimate. There should be no harder feat than the Olympic Games for your sport.Aside from Zika there are fears over the water quality in Rio with an Associated Press report last December suggesting that athletes ran a very real risk of infection.However, World Sailing has since insisted that considerable progress has been made at the Marina da Gloria, where the Olympic sailing regatta will take place between Aug. 8-18.I have far bigger things to worry about, said Patinece. Is my boat ready? Have I understood the course correctly? Im far more concerned about that.Yes, theres Zika. Yes, the water pollution is bad, but what are you going to do? Thats not going to stop me going to the Games and it shouldnt stop anyone else.I just think Rio needs to start; [hold the] opening ceremony and let everyone forget about all of those things.Patiences fellow Team GB sailor Hannah Mills added that she would never skip an Olympics unless were told you cant because of x, y and z but explained the information passed on by British Sailing ensured she was confident the risk could be managed.The water obviously does [worry me], because for us its a huge deal; getting sick or not getting sick, she said. As a British Sailing Team weve spent a lot of time thinking about it and the support staff have been amazing in organising as much protection as we can against that.We feel in a very strong place in terms of all the other sailing teams, the protocols we have in place, which gives you confidence but obviously you can never completely guard against it. Unfortunately its the type of virus that if you do get sick there is nothing to make you better until youre done being sick -- which is scary.But we just have to keep doing what were doing and hope thats working. Jerseys College China . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. College Jerseys Cheap . - Connor McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime as the Erie Otters came from behind to defeat the visiting Guelph Storm 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.ncaawholesalejerseys.com/ .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. Stitched College Jerseys . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. China College Gear . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon?football coach Mark Helfrich will meet with athletic director Rob Mullens this week to discuss his future with the Ducks.Helfrich said Saturday evening that he has never had a season-ending meeting or review with Mullens in his previous three seasons as head coach.Now that our season is complete, I will evaluate all aspects of our football program, as I do with all of our sports after their seasons have ended, Mullens said via release Sunday night. That evaluation includes meeting with Coach Helfrich in the coming days to discuss the future of Oregon football.Neither Mullens nor Nike mogul and Oregon booster Phil Knight has yet to voice any kind of strong public support for Helfrich, and Knight was noticeably absent Saturday from Oregons rivalry game against Oregon State, as he chose to attend the Michigan-Ohio State game in Columbus, Ohio, instead.Helfrich said he called Mullens on Sunday morning to see if the two could meet before his end-of-season news conference, but Mullens travel schedule wouldnt permit that.I asked if we could meet today, and it just didnt work out, Helfrich said.Mullens left for Texas on Sunday for his role on the College Football Playoff committee. With his duties and the rankings revealed Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET, presumably the earliest the two could meet would be late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. Until then, Helfrich will carry on with business as usual -- conducting the Ducks season-end banqueet on campus Sunday morning and hitting the recruiting trail after that.ddddddddddddThe Ducks finished 4-8 this season -- their worst finish since 1991 -- and capped the year with a loss to rival Oregon State on Saturday evening. Late Saturday night, USA Today Sports reported that preparations were being made for a coaching search and Helfrich admitted that he didnt sleep much on Saturday evening.Helfrich said that the timing of it all and the inability to have a conversation with the athletic director before going out recruiting is not ideal. ... less than ideal because it puts him and his staff in a tough situation as questions and skepticism swirl about their job security.Obviously this kind of situation occurs, and its not ideal for anybody, Helfrich said. Well be very honest about everything, as is always our approach in recruiting.Helfrich did say that if he keeps his job, he wouldnt plan to make any changes to the coaching staff and that none of his coaches had informed him as of Sunday morning that they would be retiring or had been contacted about other opportunities.In the past four seasons, Helfrich is 37-16 as a head coach, but half of those losses came this season, and this is the first season since 2004 that Oregon isnt eligible for a bowl game.If fired, Helfrich would be owed an $11.6 million buyout by Oregon. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz