Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 136 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

20.08.2018 14:06
career against Cleveland, Shields is 4-6 Antworten

CHICAGO -- Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant went 5-for-5 with two home runs and five runs driven in on Thursday in his teams 9-6 win over the Milwaukee Brewers. It was Bryants second five-hit game of hhis season and his career.It was a good one, a low-key Bryant said after the game. It went by too quick. You really have to enjoy a 5-for-5 day. They dont happen too much.According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bryant accomplished several milestones in singling in the first inning, homering in the third, doubling in the fourth, homering again in the sixth, then hitting another single in the eighth inning.He became the second player since 1913 with multiple five-hit, two-homer games in the same season. Joe Carter also accomplished the feat for the Cleveland Indians in 1986.?Bryant is the second player ever with multiple five-hit, five-RBI games in the same season. Former Cub Phil Cavarretta accomplished it in 1945, the same year he won the league MVP.In hitting two home runs, Bryant became just the third Cubs third baseman in franchise history to hit 30 home runs in a season, joining Ron Santo and Aramis Ramirez, who did it a combined seven times.Asked to break down why he had such a good day, Bryant was at a loss for words.Its hard to explain, he said. You really just take it at-bat by at-bat. ... For me, I dont feel like this too often, but today is one of those days where I was really locked in.His teammates were more than willing to talk for Bryant, who is hitting .296 with 30 home runs, 78 RBIs and a league-high 96 runs scored.KB (Kris Bryant) is the GOAT, the greatest of all time, shortstop Addison Russell said, laughing. Me and Rizz (Anthony Rizzo) said that today in our little group huddle. Absolutely phenomenal. I just go over to him after the fifth hit and like, Dude, perfect day. Very awesome to see.Manager Joe Maddon added: Hes a very humble man, too. I know his picture is everywhere, but he doesnt act that way. ... If he has an ego I havent seen it.By the time his final plate appearance came up in the eighth inning, Bryant wasnt thinking about a triple -- or the cycle -- he was going for something bigger.My last at-bat, I was thinking home run, Bryant said. Not too many games you get a chance to hit three home runs ... When you see the wind blowing out to center, you want to take advantage of that. I did.He missed on the home run but still made some history. cheap stitched jerseys . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. Cheap Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. http://www.cheapjerseys-wholesalechina.com/?tag=cheap-buffalo-bills-jerseys . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. Cheap Detroit Lions Jerseys . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Cheap Houston Texans Jerseys . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. CHICAGO -- The Cleveland Indians will try to salvage a series split when they finish a four-game set against the Chicago White Sox on Thursday afternoon.Cleveland (84-61) cruised to a 6-1 win over the White Sox on Wednesday after dropping the first two games of the series at U.S. Cellular Field. The Indians, winners of 11 of their past 16 games, enjoy a six-game lead over the Detroit Tigers for first place in the American League Central with less than three weeks to go.Chicago (70-75) needs a victory to secure its first series win against Cleveland since July 2015. The White Sox are 5-10 against the Indians this season.The Indians will send rookie right-hander Mike Clevinger (2-2, 5.01 ERA) to the mound for the eighth start of his career. The Los Angeles Angels selected Clevinger in the fourth round of the 2011 draft and shipped him to Cleveland three years later for right-hander Vinnie Pestano.In one start and one bullpen appearance against the White Sox, Clevinger is 0-1 with a 7.00 ERA. The 6-foot-4, 210-pound hurler has posted a 6.87 ERA in 18 1/3 innings on the road this season, compared with a 3.52 ERA in 23 innings at home.Clevinger threw 62 pitches in his most recent start Saturday at Minnesota. He allowed one run on two hits in four innings. He walked two and struck out five.Because he got lengthened out last time, and hes got a bullpen (session) now, I think youre going to start seeing more and more that the game will dictate where he exits, Cleveland manager Terry Francona said. Youre not going to see a real high (pitch-count) number, but I think the game will let us know when hes starting to tire or what the score is, and stuff like that.Its nice to go intto his game knowing if hes throwing the ball OK, hes going to get to pitch for a while.ddddddddddddThats good.Right-hander James Shields (3-10, 7.30 ERA) is scheduled to make his 19th start for the White Sox and his 30th start of the season. The 34-year-old has struggled badly for most of his time in Chicago, where he arrived June 4 as part of a trade with the San Diego Padres. He is 0-5 with a 10.75 ERA in his past eight starts. He has allowed 41 earned runs in 34 1/3 innings during that span.Overall this year, Shields is 5-17 with a 6.01 ERA.A parade of opposing teams have roughed up Shields, and the Indians are no exception. They battered him for eight runs on seven hits in 1 2/3 innings in their last encounter June 18. During his career against Cleveland, Shields is 4-6 with a 4.17 ERA in 17 starts.Unless the White Sox shut him down early, Shields will have three or four more starts to try to shift the narrative on his career trajectory. He is due to receive $21 million next season unless he opts out of his deal. The Padres reportedly will pay $10 million of Shields salary as part of the trade terms.Chicago hopes to have designated hitter Justin Morneau back in the lineup Thursday. The 35-year-old veteran has missed the past two games because of soreness in his neck. With 17 games remaining in the season, has yet to decide whether he will keep playing next spring for a 15th year in the big leagues.Hes looking ... a little bit better, but its still a little bit of a tweak where he cant play, Chicago manager Robin Ventura said Wednesday. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz