Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

30.08.2018 15:59
ay.In the first half, Fyfe completed 14 of 20 passes for 153 yards and converted five third downs, four on passes and another wh Antworten

LINCOLN, Neb. -- For three years, Ryker Fyfe has been Nebraskas No. 2 quarterback, and it took until senior day in his fifth season for him to realize the quintessential dream of football-loving boys who grow up in the state.Fyfe started a game at Memorial Stadium, and he came away a winner Saturday.I didnt know if this day would ever come, to be honest, said Fyfe, who turned 23 on Sunday. But it did, and I was ready.Fyfe might not be done yet, even though he broke a bone in his left (non-throwing) wrist in the 28-7 win over Maryland . He already has had surgery to place a pin in the wrist, and he and four-year starter Tommy Armstrong both were to practice Monday. Armstrong has been nursing a hamstring injury for more than a week.Coach Mike Riley said Monday he should have a good idea after practice Tuesday whether one or both of them will be available for Fridays game at Iowa. Zack Darlington, who moved from quarterback to receiver last spring and serves as the holder, also was to take practice snaps.If Fyfe plays, hell wear a brace on his wrist.The No. 17 Huskers (9-2, 6-2) will be playing a high-stakes game against the Hawkeyes (7-4, 5-3). A win, coupled with a Minnesota upset of No. 5 Wisconsin on the road Saturday, would send Nebraska to the Big Ten championship game as the West Division representative.Fyfe turned in a confidence-building performance against Maryland. He led touchdown drives of 72 and 54 yards on the Huskers first two possessions and a 78-yard TD drive on the fourth.Ryker played out of his mind, said Jordan Westerkamp, who caught a career-high eight passes, including a 4-yard touchdown. It was awesome having him back there. We were real successful in all areas of the game today.In the first half, Fyfe completed 14 of 20 passes for 153 yards and converted five third downs, four on passes and another when he ran around the right end for 21 yards. He also broke off a 14-yard run to convert a fourth-and-1.Those early successes were critical for a quarterback who until Saturday had played sparingly this season, Westerkamp said.To get in there and to make some plays right away and to just get after it was a huge confident booster to Ryker and to all of us, he said.Fyfe cooled off in the second half and finished 23 of 37 for 220 yards. Most important, he didnt commit a turnover. In his only previous start, on the road against Purdue last year, he was intercepted four times and fumbled in a 55-45 loss. Thats a distant memory now for Fyfe.I promise I am not surprised at all, Riley said. The guy has some special qualities that are real important to quarterbacking. He has got a nice release, he has obviously got poise, and he has got good vision. He put a lot of balls in a nice location for guys to make some plays today. He missed a couple more by just a hair that could have been really exciting for the big picture.Fyfe grew up 80 miles west of Lincoln in Grand Island, and when he was playing at Grand Island Senior High, his favorite receiver was Sam Foltz. The two walked on together to Nebraska , with Foltz becoming an All-Big Ten punter. Foltz died in a July car accident in Wisconsin, and the Huskers dedicated this season to him.The senior day ceremony featured a tribute to Foltz, and that made for an emotional pregame.This should be a game that I should be walking out with Sam for my last game, but I knew he was with us, with me, in spirit, Fyfe said.Foltzs parents, Gerald and Jill Foltz, greeted each senior as he came out of the tunnel. Fyfe said he shared a special moment with them.They talked to me, gave me a hug and said, `Hell be with you out there. Just go out and play hard. So it was fun.---More AP college football: http://collegefootball.ap.org NFL Jerseys Wholesale China . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. http://www.nfljerseyswholesale.net/ .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Cheap Jerseys For Sale . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. INDIANAPOLIS -- The Kansas City Chiefs were the kings of improv Sunday.They may have to do it all over again next week after a rugged 30-14 victory at Indianapolis.This weeks biggest concern, of course, will be the status of starting quarterback Alex Smith, who left with a concussion after taking two more hits to the head. He also took several such hits in last weeks victory over New Orleans, and coach Andy Reid felt compelled to explain why Smith returned after he appeared woozy when he left on the games opening possession.If we were at all concerned, we wouldnt have put him back in. Thats the bottom line, Reid said, acknowledging the doctors cleared Smith after determining a cut to the ear left him disoriented.That much was understandable. The second hit might not have been, at least in the eyes of the public.On second-and-2 from their 45-yard line, Smith ran around the left side and slid to the turf as Colts safety Clayton Geathers was closing in. Geathers reached out with both hands and appeared to shove Smiths head into the turf. No penalty was called.The scrutiny that followed came quickly and from all corners of social media.Former Colts linebacker Gary Brackett used his Twitter account to contend the mistake was made by whoever cleared Smith to play. Fans questioned whether Geathers hit was intentionally designed to knock Smith out of the game. Even Smiths wife, Elizabeth, chimed in with her own disgust about the no-calls -- just like last week.These past two weeks have opened my eyes, Elizabeth Smith wrote in the first of a two-part ttweet.dddddddddddd How many hits does he have to take before a flag is thrown. Funny when some QBs gets tapped flags go flying.After the game , Geathers described the play in detail and insisted the blow was not intentional before going a step further.It was like he wanted to go for a first (down) and then didnt want to go for a first (down). I was just going in for the hit, but then kind of let up and then we went down, Geathers said. I tried just not even touching him. If I did, I apologize.Regardless, the Chiefs dont know the status of three key playmakers: Smith and running backs Jamaal Charles and Spencer Ware. Charles stayed home with swelling in his surgically repaired knee and is scheduled to see a doctor Monday. Ware did not play in the second half after being diagnosed with a concussion.That forced Reid to finish the game with his only healthy running back, Charcandrick West, and backup quarterback Nick Foles, who took all but 22 snaps Sunday.Not enough? Kansas City also lost left guard Parker Ehinger in the third quarter with a sprained right knee. Reid did not say how much time Ehinger would miss.So for the time being, the Chiefs will try to survive this injury rash just like they did against the Colts.These things happen, Reid said. It isnt tiddlywinks. Its a pretty violent game, so guys get hurt.(Corrects to Smith taking all but 22 snaps)---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz