Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 108 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

31.08.2018 08:01
World Series in 1921, 1922, 1923, 1936, 1937, 1951 and 1962. The Giants won the first two World Series against the Yankees befor Antworten

NEW YORK -- The last time the San Francisco Giants started Madison Bumgarner in an American League ballpark they let him bat.On June 30, the Giants forfeited their designated hitter and Bumgarner went 1-for-4 in a 12-6 win at Oakland.The game-time temperature in Oakland when Bumgarner batted was 66 degrees, but when the Giants take the field at Yankee Stadium on Friday night for the opener of their three-game series against the New York Yankees, the weather is projected to be significantly hotter.I think were seeing three right-handers, San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy told reporters. Not that (Bumgarner) is a matchups guy. But with our situation now, Ill probably DH one of our left-handed hitters. Our bench is deeper now. Plus, it could be really hot. We want to keep him off the field.Regardless of the temperature, the Giants would like to get on a hot streak again.They entered the All-Star break with a 57-33 record but have dropped five straight, equaling a season worst set April 17-21 During the slump, San Francisco starting pitchers have an 8.14 ERA, the offense has produced a .237 average (41-for-173) while also going 6-for-41 with runners in scoring position.The offense actually improved Wednesday when the Giants fell behind by eight runs before losing 11-7. San Franciscos average on this trip climbed 40 points after five players had multi-hit games.Those first games in San Diego and yesterday, our offense wasnt there yet, catcher Trevor Brown told reporters. Even though we lost tonight, we put up seven runs. Thats definitely some good momentum. Everybody in the lineup who started got a hit, which is nice.The comeback attempt was needed because Matt Cain lasted 2 1/3 innings and allowed five runs.The Giants hope Bumgarner will resemble the pitcher who struck out 14 in a one-hitter against Arizona on July 10 and not the pitcher who allowed four runs and seven hits during six innings in last Fridays loss at San Diego.Weve got Bum on the mound, right? Giants right fielder Mac Williamson told reporters. I think were always confident when hes out there.Bumgarner will face the Yankees for the first time but has matched up with a few of their hitters. New Yorks switch hitters and right-handed bats have done well against him, but its left-handed bats have not.Starlin Castro is 11-for-26 against Bumgarner while switch-hitters Carlos Beltran and Chase Headley are 2-for-6 and 10-for-33, respectively. Left-handed hitters Brian McCann and Didi Gregorius are 1-for-9 and 1-for-8, respectively.The Yankees had a four-game winning streak stopped with Thursdays 4-1 loss to the Baltimore Orioles. New York had four hits and dropped to 4-3 on its 10-game homestand.I think you have to look at you took three out of four from a good Baltimore team and you have to move on, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. San Franciscos going to be no easy task. You cant have a letdown because you lost today. You have to get yourself up and know youre facing a really good pitcher tomorrow.Masahiro Tanaka will start on regular rest, which he has struggled with this season. Tanaka is 1-2 with a 5.33 ERA in eight starts with regular rest, which is why speculation persisted that Chad Green would start when the Yankees scratched him from his Triple-A start Tuesday and recalled him Thursday.Tanaka is 6-0 with a 1.70 ERA in 12 starts on extended rest. The latest instance was Sunday when he allowed one run and three hits in six innings during a 3-1 win over the Boston Red Sox.I dont want to talk for them, but more rest means more time to sort of get the inflammation out of the body, Tanaka said. But the bottom line for me is to basically go out there and try to shut the opponent down regardless of the number of off days you have in between starts.Long before interleague play began in 1997, the teams met in the World Series in 1921, 1922, 1923, 1936, 1937, 1951 and 1962. The Giants won the first two World Series against the Yankees before losing the next five.During the regular season, the Yankees have won five of nine meetings. The Yankees won four of those games in New York in 2002 and 2013 and the Giants took two of three at home in 2007. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. Clearance NFL Jerseys Womens .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. http://www.authenticnfllockroom.com/ . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Youth Custom NFL Jerseys . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. NFL Jerseys For Sale . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. The first thing most players look for when the NFL schedule comes out is the bye week. The opponents? The prime-time games? That stuff can wait. Man, tell us when we get a break. One thing to realize: NFL players are not robots and the grind of the season is real, so guys cherish their time away.Jump on a plane and get out of town -- even if only for a day or two. A weekend trip to Manhattan is nice. So are college football tailgates. And you should always try to get back home to see Mom. Grab one of those home-cooked meals and drink a beer with the old man, too.Thats really all it takes for NFL players to feel normal again.The physical toll of the game is one thing. We all understand football is going to beat you up, and everyone is hurt this time of the year. So the bye week allows players to grab some extra treatment and take a Sunday off.But what Ive always felt, and experienced as a player during my travels around the league to four different cities, is that the mental break is even more important.People forget: A lot more goes into playing this game than what you see on Sundays. Theres a new playbook install to ingrain ... every week. New scouting reports to study ... every week. New film to digest ... every week. New personnel packages to run through ... every week. New call sheets to draw up ... every week.And then you add in the meetings and the practices and the walk-throughs and the lifting and the treatment. Like I said, its a grind. By the time midseason rolls around, players almost become robotic.Annd when rookies hit the wall come mid-November, its more of a mental thing than a physical thing.dddddddddddd These young cats can run all day. They arent beat up like eight-year vets yet. Heck, most of these guys are still built like rubber bands. But some arent used to the demands of the job when it comes to the prep time, the game planning or the film study. That can be a major adjustment from the college game. And by this time of the season, that mental exhaustion starts to take its toll.But even for the vets, the players who attack this daily routine like true pros, the time off is a beautiful thing. And it doesnt have to be some wild vacation.For me, it was back to Iowa a couple of times on the bye week. Watch the Hawkeyes, drink some Busch Light, see old college teammates. I loved it. And I needed it. The same when I got older in the league. Back home to Chicago, over to New York, whatever.Hey, take a two-day trip with your wife. Go watch the kids play a rec soccer game. Get to a warmer locale. Maybe a weekend in Miami for the young guys.Really, its not so much about what you do during the bye week, but what you dont do. And that means you get away from the game altogether. I know it doesnt sound like much, but you would be surprised how many players come back from this mini-break ready to play.ESPN.com NFL analyst Matt Bowen played seven seasons as a defensive back in the NFL. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz