Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

07.09.2018 08:13
t playing up to their level. Its that simple, he said.Those to Antworten

ELKHART LAKE, Wis. -- Up-and-coming IndyCar driver Josef Newgarden could be climbing a different kind of chart soon.Top-five drivers in the IndyCar series standings arent often the subject of a childrens book.I cant tell if hes been affected by the possibility of being on the New York Times best seller list just yet, but well see, Ed Carpenter, team owner of Newgardens No. 21 Chevy, said with a wry voice.The book, Josef, the Indy Car Driver, debuted last weekend at Road America , where Newgarden finished eighth. It tells the story of how the personable Newgarden got his start behind the wheel, and also serves as an illustrative primer to kids about racing and the IndyCar series.A book debut alone during a race weekend would have made for a busy few days for Newgarden.The 25-year-old driver had more pressing issues.Newgarden broke his right clavicle and hurt his right wrist in a scary wreck at Texas on June 12, when his car slammed on its side and slid along the frontstretch wall with the top of the cockpit exposed.Just in the moment, youre first thinking, `OK, no one else hit me, Newgarden said this week. In those kinds of moments, I get a little claustrophobic. For me personally, I dont want to be in that space anymore.Newgarden was alert through the crash, but passed out after getting out of the mangled wreck. Surgeons used a metal plate to repair his collarbone.With two weeks to prepare for Road America, just getting back to the track was a question, let alone signing autographs for a new book.As it turns out, Newgarden didnt have many doubts about his next move.I was with him in the hospital Sunday night in Texas. I knew what his motivation was, Carpenter said. I knew it was going to be hard to keep him out of the car. I just wanted to be sure that we could do enough to get him ready to get him cleared, to get the doctors to be comfortable.A week later, he was back in a simulator to test how he would feel behind the wheel. After two practice runs around Road America, two days before the race, IndyCar cleared Newgarden to race.In between the practices, the right-handed Newgarden signed autographs , etching out a modified JN with a brace protecting his right wrist.His attitude was, `If I can drive a race car, I can sign with a Sharpie, recounted Chris Workman, who wrote and illustrated the book .It was Workmans second childrens book about the sport after illustrating one about the 24-hour race at Le Mans. The Newgarden book was born out of the authors affinity for Road America, the 14-turn, four-mile long course in rural Wisconsin.Workman , who lives in North Carolina, had a mutual friend with Newgarden and made contact around the time of the Indianapolis 500 last year to get in touch with the driver. A fan-friendly personality made the young Newgarden the ideal subject, Workman said.Newgarden jumped at the opportunity. He viewed it in large part as a way to reach out to what he hopes will be a new set of IndyCar fans, or even drivers and team owners.For me, its all about the next generation, coming up and filling the footsteps of people before them, he said. Naturally, theres going to be kids who love racing and love cars, and we want to be able to reach those kids.Newgardens passion for racing started as a child, on a motorized scooter with friends. He later switched to karts, and at age 20 won the lower-level Indy Lights title in 2011.Even if kids arent into IndyCar racing all that much when they first read it, it shows that you can chase your dreams, Workman said. You get really excited about something like that, and be passionate about it.Newgarden has made steady improvement over his five years at IndyCars top level. He was fifth in the points race after Road America, where he had a respectable top-10 finish after a spin-out in qualifying forced him to start in 20th.The wrist ended up being more of an issue than the collarbone through the weekend. The next stop on the schedule is Iowa on July 10, allowing Newgarden an extra week to heal. Maybe that race will end for Newgarden will end up just like his new childrens book, where he overtook the leader on the last lap to take the checkered flag.---Online:AP Auto Racing site: http://racing.ap.org/---Follow Genaro Armas at http://twitter.com/GArmasAP China Jerseys Authentic . The judges scored it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 for Jones (19-1). It was the champions closest call. Despite the loss, it was a remarkable show by the confident Swedish challenger, who had the best of the early rounds and then hung on in the fourth and fifth. NFL Jerseys From China . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. http://www.authenticjerseysnflwholesalecheap.com/ . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Cheap Jerseys For Sale . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Cheap Jerseys China .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. CALGARY, Alberta -- The Dallas Stars have come to Calgary banged up physically to face an opponent that, like them, is fragile emotionally.The Stars and Flames square off Thursday with each hoping the evening is the beginning of better times.Dallas is coming off an 8-2 pasting by the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday for its sixth loss in seven games. The Flames, meanwhile, have lost four of their past five.This is pretty much rock bottom, Stars captain Jamie Benn told the Dallas Morning News after the lopsided loss.We all have to look in the mirror and figure it out.The Stars continue a five-game road trip that began with an overtime loss to the Chicago Blackhawks and followed with a rout at the hands of the Jets that leaves them at 4-6-3 and in sixth place in the Central Division.The Flames are 5-8-1 and also sixth in the Pacific Division. They return from a four-game road trip that saw them drop three contests and get outscored 16-5.One big excuse for the Stars woes is injuries and illnesses. Against Winnipeg they were missing six forwards, including Jason Spezza, who has missed two games with a lower body injury but could return against Calgary. Patrick Sharp, Ales Hemsky, Jiri Hudler, Mattias Janmark and Cody Eakin are also sidelined.Spezza skated in Winnipeg Tuesday morning but head coach Lindy Ruff opted to keep him out for at least one more night.He skated but hes not close to 100 percent, Ruff told the Dallas Morning Newws.dddddddddddd But hes back on the ice, which is a good sign.Things havent been much better lately for Calgary under new coach Glen Gulutzen, who is already occupying a hot seat after only one month on the job in place of the fired Bob Hartley.The rough start prompted Flames president Brian Burke to agree to a rare radio interview on Tuesday. Known in the past for his high profile in the media, Burke has remained somewhat in the background in Calgary the past two seasons. That changed this week when he offered his assessment of the current state of affairs.Our top guys are not getting it done. Im not one for calling players out, but our top guys are not playing up to their level. Its that simple, he said.Those top guys are winger Johnny Gaudreau and his center Sean Monahan, who both signed lucrative six-year contracts prior to 2016-17 but have thus far not delivered the goods. Gaudreau has two goals, eight points and a minus-11 rating through 14 games while Monahan has four goals, one lone assist and is a minus-10.Right now were not good enough, Monahan told the Flames website. Me and Johnny know that. Weve got to find a way to help this team produce offence. I mean, when you play big minutes, get opportunities on the power play and stuff like that, youve got to find a way to get it done. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz