Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 115 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

12.09.2018 12:47
1-0, 0.00) makes his second start of the seaso Antworten

NEW YORK -- Juan Martin del Potros magical month ended as it began -- with the big Argentine crying on the court.This time, he wiped away tears with the match still going. Stan Wawrinka was about to serve out a four-set victory to usher an exhausted del Potro out of the U.S. Open, and the hardy faithful who stuck around past 1 a.m. wanted to serenade their beloved 2009 champ one more time.Ole, ole, ole, Delpo, Delpo! rang down from Arthur Ashe Stadium as Wawrinka respectfully waited to serve. Thank you, the chair umpire said, pleading for silence to no avail.Del Potro squinted hard and bowed his head and finally applauded with his racket. Then the third-seeded Wawrinka closed out a 7-6 (5), 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory to reach his second straight U.S. Open semifinal.I can lose the match, but I will never forget this, del Potro said. Its bigger than any match. ... They made me so happy tonight, and I dont mind the score.It was 32 days earlier that del Potro played his first match at the Rio Olympics -- which he figured would be his last because he drew top-ranked Novak Djokovic. After three left wrist surgeries, del Potro lacked the conditioning -- not to mention the two-handed backhand -- to compete with the best. Or so he thought.Del Potro beat Djokovic that night. And sobbed afterward. The wins kept coming, and so did the tears, through a victory over a just-as-exhausted Rafael Nadal to clinch a medal, and then after a grueling four-set loss to Andy Murray in the final.With little time to rest as he received a heros welcome back in Argentina, the 142nd-ranked del Potro entered his first U.S. Open since 2013 as a wild card. The adoring crowds willed him to victory in round after round, so appreciative of his efforts to come back from the wrist problems that nearly ended his career.They couldnt quite do it in a 3-hour, 13-minute quarterfinal that ended at 1:20 a.m. Thursday. Del Potro had defeated Wawrinka in the second round at Wimbledon in the initial hint that the Argentine could contend again. But in the rematch, Wawrinka adjusted his tactics in the third set.He started standing farther back on del Potros serves, setting himself up to push his opponent from sideline to sideline in long rallies. Wawrinka needed to save a match point in a five-set third-round match, but now hes in Fridays semifinals against sixth-seeded Kei Nishikori.Its not a player that I can really play always the way I want because hes so aggressive, Wawrinka said of del Potro. It was important to stay tough there. I knew it will be difficult. But Im happy with the way I was fighting, with myself. Im happy with the way I find solutions in the third set to take advantage.Maybe if del Potro had won the opening set, he could have prevailed in three. He was up a break in the first, but after too many mistakes, he lost in a tiebreaker that left him punching his own head in frustration. It was the first set hed dropped all tournament.But mostly there was joy on the court. During that tiebreaker, he argued that Wawrinka challenged a call too late, then wound up playfully rubbing the chair umpires head.Del Potros ranking will skyrocket into the top 65 next week -- no more needing wild cards into the majors. He looks forward to an offseason to hone his conditioning so he can hang with a player like Wawrinka in a best-of-five match.Now Im fighting at the same level as the top guys, and I already beat Djokovic, Rafa. I played against Murray in a great match, del Potro said. Wawrinka is the No. 3 player in the world, and Im there. That means something good to me.But I need to keep working. Disocunt Football Jerseys . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. China Jerseys .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. http://www.jerseysnflcheap.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. China Jerseys Cheap . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Cheap NFL T-shirts . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. LOS ANGELES -- Yasmani Grandal couldnt hit during the offseason after left shoulder surgery. Spring training wasnt much better, ever mindful of others advice on overdoing it and stressing his joint.Grandal kept watching video of his swing, working with the hitting coaches to regain his lost touch.It paid off in spades when he homered three times, driving in six runs in the Los Angeles Dodgers 10-6 win over the San Diego Padres on Friday night that snapped a three-game skid.Today just seemed like it was my day, he said. Ive been hitting the ball, hard contact; its not showing numbers-wise. I kept doing what I was doing and tried to make adjustments here and there.Grandal became the third Dodgers catcher to hit three homers in a game, joining Mike Piazza (1996) and Roy Campanella (1950).This is something hell always remember, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said.The teams combined for 28 hits and seven homers, including two by San Diegos Melvin Upton Jr. Justin Turner and Howie Kendrick added solo shots for Los Angeles.Grandal had a bunt single against the shift in the eighth, giving him a career-high five hits against this former team. He took a foul ball off his mask in the sixth. Grandal had hit .182 with two homers in 18 previous games against the Padres, who traded him to the Dodgers for outfielder Matt Kemp, who went 0 for 5.Both starters struggled mightily before leaving early. San Diegos Andrew Cashner gave up a career-high eight runs, while Los Angeles Scott Kazmir labored through a 31-pitch, 27-minute first inning in a game that lasted 3 hours, 45 minutes.Pedro Baez (2-2) got the win, allowing one hit in 2 2/3 innings of relief.Kazmir allowed three runs and six hits in a season-low three innings, struck out five and walked three.The first inning for me it was tough to get any type of rhythm, he said. I felt I was throwing the ball well, I just wasnt getting any outs.Cashner (3-7) lasted just 2 2/3 innings, giving up eight hits, including four homers, while striking out two and walking three. The Dodgers feasted on Cashners fastball, teeing off on it for their first eight runs.I didnt really command much of anything, Cashner said. Fastball was out of the zone, not even close, and when I did throw it for a strike it was down the middle.Upton led off the fourth with his 16th homer of the season on the first pitch from Louis Coleman, leaving San Diego trailing 8-4. Upton has seven homers in his last 12 games. Coleman gave up three runs and four hits in one-plus innings.The Dodgers extended their lead to 7-3 in the third. Grandal hit a three-run homer and Kendrick followed with a solo shot, making it the second time this week and this season that the team had back-to-back homers.The Padres cut their deficit to 4-3 in the second on Uptons two-run homer.Los Angelles took a 4-1 lead in the first, scoring all its runs with two outs.dddddddddddd Turner got things going with his solo homer. Adrian Gonzalez singled and scored -- going wide to avoid the tag with his left hand on the plate -- on Yasiel Puigs double. Grandal followed with his first home run of the game, driving in Puig.San Diego catcher Derek Norris left the game in the fourth with a right quad contusion, the result of a first-inning collision with Chase Utley. Alexei Ramirez grounded into a bases-loaded fielders choice to Utley at second and Norris ran into him, causing them both to fall down. Norris was out on runners interference.Theres only one way in the world that run was not going to score, for him to create contact and get that call on interference, Padres manager Andy Green said of Utley. Its very frustrating to have one of your players get hurt from somebody else creating the collision and having your guy get called out at the same time.STARTING IN CENTER FIELDFrom Oklahoma City to starting in center field for the Dodgers was Andrew Toles. The 24-year-old outfielder had his contract purchased Friday and he made his major league debut after being out of baseball last year because of personal issues.He doubled in the second for his first big-league hit.Toles started for the Triple-A team Thursday night against Omaha and then caught an early flight to the West Coast. He began the season with Single-A Rancho Cucamonga and moved on to Double-A Tulsa before joining OKC.He was on the radar because he can really hit, Roberts said.Regular center fielder Joc Pederson is on the DL and the team has a short bench, leading to Toles promotion.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: RHP Tyson Ross (shoulder inflammation) reported discomfort in his twisted left ankle after playing catch from 120 feet at flat ground. There are no scheduled plans for him to throw off a mound. ... 2B Cory Spangenberg (pulled hamstring) was shut down midway through base-running drills during a rehab session and will be re-evaluated by team doctors.Dodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaw is due to come off the DL after the All-Star break, but he will need additional time. Roberts said Kershaws back is improving daily, but the team wont put a timetable on him. ... Pederson is in Arizona, hasnt swung a bat yet and the team isnt sure how soon hell return after the break.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Luis Perdomo (3-3, 7.93 ERA) tossed a career high-tying six innings in his previous start Monday at Arizona, giving up three runs (two earned) and nine hits. He struck out five and walked none.Dodgers: RHP Brandon McCarthy (1-0, 0.00) makes his second start of the season after coming off the DL last weekend. Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Discount Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz