Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 94 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
dasg234 Offline

13.09.2018 13:36
icant National League numbers against some Red Sox Antworten

PHILADELPHIA -- Ryan Howard isnt the slugger he once was. He can still clear the fences, though.Howard homered and Maikel Franco singled home the tiebreaking run in the seventh inning to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 4-2 victory over the New York Mets on Saturday night.Howard put Philadelphia in front 1-0 by leading off the second with a 428-foot drive to right-center off Mets starter Logan Verrett. It was the 13th homer of the season and the 370th of his career for Howard, who moved into a tie with Gil Hodges for 77th on the all-time list.Obviously, in the moment, youre playing a game, but when I get time to sit back and reflect on it, its actually pretty cool, some of the names that Im there with, Howard said. Ive still got some work to do, but Im going to enjoy this one today.Carlos Ruiz doubled and had two hits for the fourth-place Phillies, who have won 11 of 15. Philadelphia also silenced a large contingent of Mets fans, who sometimes made Citizens Bank Park sound more like Citi Field for the second straight night.It was a good win, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin said. I didnt want to hear the Mets fans.Jose Reyes and Travis dArnaud drove in the runs for the Mets, who have dropped four of five since All-Star slugger Yoenis Cespedes was injured.Were not taking care of opportunities, manager Terry Collins said. Weve got to take advantage of all those opportunities. We had a chance to add on and we didnt get it done.New York failed to homer for just the second time in the last 14 games. The Mets entered having hit 14 homers in four games at Citizens Bank Park this season and 33 long balls over the last two years at Philadelphias home park.The Mets appeared primed to take the lead in the top of the seventh, but pinch-hitter Kelly Johnson flied out to short left field with runners on second and third and one out before left fielder Cody Asche made an excellent sliding catch for the final out on Asdrubal Cabreras sinking liner with the bases loaded.Cespedes was available as a pinch-hitter, but Collins said he went with Johnson because Cespedes couldnt run the bases in the event of a walk.Philadelphia capitalized on Cabreras throwing error at shortstop in the bottom half for the go-ahead run. Cabrera threw wide of first baseman James Loney, allowing speedy Peter Bourjos to reach with one out. Bourjos went to second on Asches walk against Jerry Blevins (3-1) and scored on Francos single to left.I had all the time, said Cabrera, who has four errors this season. It happens.The Phillies tacked on a run in the eighth when Ruiz led off with a double, went to third on a groundout and scored on Erik Goeddels wild pitch.Edubray Ramos (1-0) worked a hitless inning for his first major league win. Jeanmar Gomez pitched a 1-2-3 ninth for his 25th save in 27 chances.The Mets tied it in the third on Reyes sacrifice fly that scored Juan Lagares.New York took a 2-1 lead in the fourth on dArnauds sacrifice fly before the Phillies tied it in the fifth on Asches groundout that scored pitcher Jerad Eickhoff.PHILLIES STARTING REPORTEickhoff allowed two runs and five hits with three strikeouts and one walk in six-plus innings. The right-hander singled and doubled to help his own cause.He really wasnt that sharp, but he pitched well enough to win, Mackanin said. Too many baserunners for my liking, but he got us into the seventh inning, so he did a good job that way.METS STARTING REPORTVerrett, making his seventh start in 25 appearances this season, gave up two runs and eight hits with four strikeouts and one walk in six innings. The right-hander is 1-4 with a 5.20 ERA as a starter this season. He took Matt Harveys spot in the rotation this month when the former ace was diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome.I felt good, Verrett said. I felt like I threw the ball well and kept us in the ballgame.TRAINERS ROOMCespedes missed his fourth straight game due to a strained right quadriceps. Collins said the outfielder will undergo testing Sunday morning to determine if he is able to play.UP NEXTThe teams wrap up their three-game series Sunday when Mets RHP Jacob deGrom (5-4, 2.61 ERA) opposes RHP Zach Eflin (2-2, 4.08). In six career starts against Philadelphia, deGrom is 3-0 with a 3.03 ERA. Wholesale Jerseys .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Stitched Womens Jerseys . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. http://www.cheapjerseysforwomens.com/ . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Cheap Jerseys 2019 . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. BOSTON -- Ian Kennedy shoots for a club record and the Kansas City Royals look to continue a second-half push when they open a three-game series against the Red Sox at Fenway Park on Friday night.The veteran right-hander, who faces knuckleballer Steven Wright on Friday, has had five straight outings of at least six innings and one earned run or fewer, matching Larry Guras club mark set in 1981.Kennedy (8-9, 3.58 ERA), who signed a five-year, $70 million free agent contract with the Royals this past offseason, is 2-0 with an 0.79 ERA over those five games, lowering his ERA from 4.41 to 3.58. In his last start, Kennedy, who had been a victim of non-support, cruised to a 10-0 victory over the Minnesota Twins with eight shutout innings.Thats five starts in a row where hes been completely in control. Hes just been throwing the ball extremely well, manager Ned Yost said after Kennedys last start.Kennedys surge has coincided with the defending World Series champions second-half charge. The Royals have won 10 of their last 11 after a 5-3 victory in Miami on Thursday night. They have won their last six series and are four games out of a wild card spot and seven away from the American League Central lead.Kennedy and Wright matched up May 18 in Kansas City, with Wright getting the loss and Kennedy a no-decision. Wright, one of the real surprises of the 2016 season, comes off the disabled list Friday to open Bostons six-game homestand.Wright (13-5, 3.01), who is 5-0 since his last loss two months ago, was used as a pinch runner against the Dodgers in Los Angeles and suffered a right shoulder injury diving back into second base.He threw a bullpen session in St. Petersburg, Fla., and was pronounced ready to make his first appearance since Aug.dddddddddddd 6.The Red Sox just finished a four-city, 7-4 road trip that actually ended poorly, with two painful losses to the last-place Rays. They lost rookie left fielder Andrew Benintendi to a knee injury Wednesday and come home for six before going back out to the west coast as their treacherous second-half road grind continues.We had a winning road trip, Boston manager John Farrell said after Thursdays loss. We had to go out and put up a winning record, weve done that. But despite being 7-4 (on the road trip), theres times you look back, today being one of them, that you could have possibly capitalized.Despite the two losses, the Red Sox remained tied with the Toronto Blue Jays for the AL East lead, with the Baltimore Orioles a game behind.The Royals, 17-6 in August after a 7-19 July, still have work to do but a 2-1 start to a six-game road trip kept the momentum going.Kennedy, making his second career start at Fenway, has significant National League numbers against some Red Sox with Hanley Ramirez 4-for-24 and former teammate Aaron Hill 5-for-13 against him. David Ortiz, who has 30 homers and 100 RBI in his farewell season, is 3-for-6 with a homer against Kennedy.The current Royals are just 9-for-45 (.200) as a team against Wright.There is still no prognosis on Benintendi, originally diagnosed with a sprained left knee.Ill have more tests tomorrow and well take it day by day, he said Thursday. Theres nothing I can do about it now so Ill wait until the tests come back. Im going to try to stay as positive as I can. Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz