Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

30.11.2018 14:49
s in my lane. I fought the last 100 meters. I knew the guys would be coming. I dug down deeper. I knew the guy from Kenya was co Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Kerron Clement cleared a space in his trophy case and wrote a little note on what would occupy that spot next: Gold Medal, 2016.The American 400-meter hurdler was that confident.So confident, in fact, that his mom, Claudette, packed the familys own American flag and brought it to Rio de Janeiro. You know, just for this moment when he actually won gold.I knew I was going to win, said Clement, who finished in 47.73 seconds and held off Boniface Mucheru Tumuti of Kenya by 0.05 seconds. I came out here with one mindset: Get a gold medal.When he returns home to Gainesville, Florida, he wont have to worry about finding a spot for Olympic gold medal No. 2 -- he made the room for it in January. This gold will pair nicely with the one he earned at the 2008 Beijing Games as part of the 4x400 relay team. He also earned a silver in Beijing in the 400 hurdles.Some might be superstitious about planning for a win before it happens. Not Clement.Im a Scorpio -- once I set my mind, Im going to get it, regardless, he said. I knew I was going to get that gold medal. I was sticking to that plan. Nothing or no one was going to stop me from achieving that.And to think, he almost stopped himself. Clement was struggling with his passion for the hurdles after the 2013 world championships. He needed a break.Although he trained in 2014, he tried his best to stay away from the hurdles. He went on a vacation to the Dominican Republic with friends while the U.S. held its championships that year. The only caveat on the trip: No track talk.I hit the refocus button, said Clement, who won the 400 hurdles at the worlds championships in 2007 and `09. Honestly, when I came back (in 2015), I found a new love for the hurdles ... having a new mindset, new goals for the second chapter of my career, which is now.The buzz surrounding Clement in recent days hasnt so much been his performance on the track, but, rather, his cameo a few years ago in a Beyonce video, Run the World (Girls).That was fun. Thursday was a show stopper.He credits his top-notch form to better health -- hes all the way back from hernia surgery in 2012 -- and to turning himself into more of a student of his race.When I was younger, I used to run and make silly mistakes, Clement explained. Now, Im wiser.Wise enough not to panic with the field gaining on him down the backstretch -- a field that was without Javier Culson, the 2012 Olympic bronze medalist from Puerto Rico, who was disqualified for a false start.Clements legs were burning with the finish line in sight and he thought about diving toward it.Not necessary. A well-timed lean did the trick.Technically, it was a perfect race, said Clement, who wears a Test me, Im clean bracelet to demonstrate his disdain for doping. I just focused on the 10 hurdles in my lane. I fought the last 100 meters. I knew the guys would be coming. I dug down deeper. I knew the guy from Kenya was coming.Bronze medalist Yasmani Copello saw big things for himself, too -- also thanks to his mom.Last night, she sent me a message, `I dream youre going to be big, explained Copello, who was born in Cuba and now competes for Turkey. I woke with that thought. I carry her in my heart.Clement knows the feeling. Thats why it meant a lot to him when he worked his way toward the stands and his mother handed him the flag.She just smiled, Clement said. I love seeing my mom smile. Shes going to cry when she sees me on the podium. Cheap Wholesale Jerseys . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. http://www.cheapwholesalejerseysnfl.com/ .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Discount NFL Jerseys Outlet . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys For Sale . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . DENVER -- The Toronto Blue Jays finally won a game at Coors Field. Now they can try to win a series there.The Blue Jays collected a season-high 18 hits as they beat the Colorado Rockies 14-9 Tuesday night. The game ended at 1:12 a.m. MDT, almost exactly 12 hours before the teams are due to begin the rubber game of their three-game series at 1:10 p.m.Tyler Anderson will make his fourth career start for the Rockies, his first in an interleague game. The 26-year-old rookie left-hander is 0-1 with a 2.55 ERA and has not allowed a home run in 17 2/3 innings in outings against the San Diego Padres, Miami Marlins and the Arizona Diamondbacks. He faced San Diego and Arizona at home.The Rockies first-round pick and 20th player taken overall in the 2011 draft, Anderson has been compared with former Rockies left-hander Jeff Francis. When he was rising through the minors and overcoming injuries, Anderson earned a reputation for being poised and cerebral on the mound and wise beyond his years.Having seen him briefly, Rockies manager Walt Weiss agrees with that assessment.You have to take into account that hes doing it in the heat of the battle, Weiss said. Its one thing to do it from the sidelines and do it in your bullpen sessions or in the dugout when youre charting or in the minor leagues.I hadnt been around him in the minor leagues, but I heard all those reports about him. To come up here and to be able to just plug him right in -- he still responds that way. He seems to be one of those guys whos in complete control of his surroundings. As a young pitcher, you dont see that. Hes been as good as advertised.Anderson will be opposed by Aaron Sanchez, who is 7-1 with a 3.24 ERA this year. He has pitched at least six innings in 13 of 15 starts, compiling 93 strikeouts and 32 walks in 97 1/3 innings.Sanchez, a supplemental first-round pick by the Blue Jays and the 34th player takeen overall in the 2010 draft, is 5-0 with a 2.dddddddddddd48 ERA in nine road starts. He has been nearly as effective against right-handed batters -- they are hitting .246 with a .622 on-base-plus-slugging percentage in 187 plate appearances -- as against left-handers --.242 average, .727 OPS in 220 plate appearances.When he broke in with the Blue Jays in 2014, Sanchez pitched 24 games in relief and didnt start. Last year, he began the season in the rotation but went on the disabled list with a right lat strain June 15. When he returned July 24, Sanchez worked out of the bullpen.Asked how he benefited from relieving, Sanchez said, Just attacking guys, coming in understanding that out of the pen, you got to get outs as fast as you can. As a starter, you kind of get that luxury of finding a pitch if you dont have it early on. Out of the pen, you got to come in pounding the zone, attacking hitters and getting outs quick.Sanchez snapped his fingers for emphasis as he finished that sentence.This will be Sanchezs first start at Coors Field. When Tuesday nights game was delayed 2 hours, 41 minutes by a storm that pelted the field with a coating of hail, the Blue Jays sent Sanchez back to their hotel so he could get a decent nights sleep. He wasnt there in person to see a game that produced 23 runs and 32 hits as Coors Field lived up to its reputation as a nightmarish place to pitch and a wonderful place to hit.Im definitely looking forward to pitching here, Sanchez said before Tuesdays game. Yeah, you hear everything, you see guys numbers, but it is what it is. But I cant come into a start fretting (over) something like that. I got to go out there and pitch my game and continue to do what I do best, and thats try to keep the ball on the ground. Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz