Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

02.12.2018 09:04
second-place rings after losing to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals.In Rio, there is room on the podium -- and hardware Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- As Manu Ginobili walked off the basketball court, a legion of Argentina fans crowded around the tunnel where players exit.Ole, ole, ole, ole! Manuuuu! Manuuuuu!Ginobili slapped hands and waved to a crowd that could not have been more delighted. And it came after a 19-point loss to Spain in group play. The 39-year-old Ginobili soaked in the admiration, just like hes soaking in his fourth Olympics. And it underscores that for so many athletes in Rio de Janeiro, the go gold or go home mantra couldnt be further from the truth.My main goal is to enjoy the experience one more time, Ginobili said. I had a blast in the last three editions. Im older now so I value things a little differently. I came here to play my best basketball possible, help my team, but enjoy the daily experience of being in the Olympics.Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt and the Olympics biggest stars are hailed back home for all of the gold hanging around their necks. For the vast majority of athletes competing, and their home countries who sit on the edge of their sofas watching from afar, merely getting to the podium is more than just good enough. Its cause for a national holiday.Olaf Tufte and Kjetil Borch popped the bubbly and feasted on cake with red and blue icing while Norwegian newspapers hailed them as heroes for their bronze medal in rowing. Filipino weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz received a personal message from the president -- and nearly $53,000 -- for finishing second and celebrations broke out in towns across Colombia during boxer Yuberjen Martinezs unexpected run to the silver medal.Heck, when Joseph Schooling defeated Michael Phelps in a heat of the 100-meter butterfly, his native Singapore celebrated as if he had won the gold medal -- before he ACTUALLY won the gold medal.Throughout the tennis tournament, the loudest cheers came for Juan Martin del Potro, never more so than when he fell short against Andy Murray in the gold medal match. When it was all over, you never would have known from del Potro -- or the boisterous Argentine fans in the stands -- that he had lost.Now Ive got the silver medal, which means gold for me, said del Potro, who won bronze at the 2012 Olympics. I cannot believe I will bring another medal (home) for my country.There were big celebrations in Chigorodo and Turbo, two towns near the Panama border that have been plagued by guerrilla and drug-trafficking violence, after Martinez beat Joahnys Argilagos of Cuba in the semifinals of the 49-kilogram division.Colombian media reported live from the boxers family home in Chigorodo, where family and friends greeted cheering neighbors.My brother is a warrior and hes going for more, his brother Didier told Caracol Radio after the semifinal bout. We suffered a lot watching the fight, but we knew he was going to win.The 24-year-old Martinez was born in Turbo and moved with his family to Chigorodo. He told Colombian media after losing the gold medal bout to Hasanboy Dusmatov that his only disappointment was that he wouldnt win enough money to buy his mother a house. He will receive 96 million pesos (about $36,000) for the silver. It was the first boxing medal better than bronze for Colombia.Considering the strength of his opponent, Martinez can leave these games with his head held high, wrote the Bogota Post, and can be exceptionally proud of his countrys greatest ever boxing performance at the Olympic Games.That appears to be the key for so many athletes and fans at the Olympics. The biggest games on the biggest stages in leagues back home come with a winner-take-all conclusion -- the Golden State Warriors wont get second-place rings after losing to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals.In Rio, there is room on the podium -- and hardware to take home -- for three.Of course its a little bit different tournament than the Grand Slams, said tennis player Angelique Kerber, who won silver in womens singles. But its also really high on my list because I was always dreaming to play in the Olympics for my country and (play) in the final. I really tried to enjoy it and to go back home with a medal, its a really special feeling.So its less about the gold they lost than the silver or bronze they won. In Rio, there are points for second place. And third, too.Ginobili knows the chances of a magical run to gold in Rio are small. His team shocked the world once when they won the title in 2004 and sparked a renewed commitment to international play from the mighty United States.This time around, its about enjoying the ride. Sometimes, for the athletes competing and the fans who love them, that is more than enough.I feel very fortunate to be here at 39 (years old), Ginobili said. At the same time were playing well, we made it to the quarterfinals, its not a given, and were going to try and play our best basketball possible, no matter who we play.---AP Tennis Writer Howard Fendrich, AP Sports Writer Ricardo Zuniga and Associated Press writer Karl Ritter contributed to this story. Hydro Flask Coffee Sale . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. 24 Oz Standard Mouth Hydro Flask . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. http://www.hydroflaskcoffeesale.com/hydro-flask-wide-mouth/32-oz-wide-mouth.html .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. Hydro Flask 21 Oz Standard Mouth . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. Hydro Flask Standard Mouth Sports Cap . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. The Minnesota Vikings and former coach Brad Childress denied allegations from former Vikings offensive lineman Artis Hicks that the team had a bounty system in 2008-09 that was similar to the one allegedly run by the New Orleans Saints.The NFL had no comment on whether it would investigate Hicks claims, which were revealed in a new book about Brett Favre by author Jeff Pearlman.It was part of the culture, Hicks said, according to an excerpt published by Deadspin. I had coaches start a pot and all the veterans put in an extra $100, $200, and if you hurt someone special, you get the money.The Vikings response: There is no truth to it.Childress, who now works as co-offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs, said Thursday, I had a great opportunity to coach a lot of great people there, including Artis Hicks, at the Minnesota Vikings. I have too much respect for the Wilf family [and] professional football to have anything to do with a bounty system. Im going to let it stand at that.Some current and former Vikings also denied any knowledge of any type of bounty or payment-incentive system.I havent heard of any bounty program since Ive been here [since 2007], defensive end Brian Robison said Thursday. Im very unaware of a bounty program. Im not going to sit here and talk about it all day. It is what it is. If Artis wants to say stuff like that, obviously, hes trying to bring attention on him. So what? At the end of the day, like I said, Im unaware of any bounty program thats happened here in the time that Ive been here.I was very surprised. I actually saw it [Wednesday] and I was like -- basically the first thing I said, in the car with my wife, was, What the hell? It was very shocking to me. But you know, its not surprising. We were on a roll, and of course, all this comes out when you get a loss. Whatever. It is what it is.Former linebacker Ben Leber and former punter Chris Kluwe also denied the claims on Twitter and chatted back and forth:The Vikings, of course, were the most prominent victims of the Saints alleged bounty program, with claims that a specific bounty was placed on Favre in the 2010 NFC Champioonship Game by Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma.ddddddddddddAnd Childress was the one who reportedly informed the NFL that he had heard about the bounty on Favre from a player.The league initially found no evidence of wrongdoing against the Saints when it first investigated in 2010. However, the league reopened its investigation in 2012 based on further claims from former Saints coaching assistant Mike Cerullo.The NFL then found that the Saints ran an injury-incentive program for three years under former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, including rewards for players being carted off or knocked out of games through legal hits. The league doled out the most severe punishments in its history, including year-long suspensions for head coach Sean Payton and Williams, and the loss of two second-round draft picks.The league attempted to suspend four players, including Vilma for a full year. All of the player suspensions were ultimately overturned after numerous appeals, with former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue serving as the arbitrator and finding that he saw no justification for such unprecedented punishments.Tagliabue wrote in his decision that he believed Vilma offered some sort of bounty on Favre in a team meeting but that it wasnt clear if it was a serious pledge or amount to trash talk that occurs regularly before and during games.Since that time, there have been other reports of players claiming that they were involved in similar injury-incentive programs, most prominently from several former members of the Washington Redskins when they played under Williams.However, the NFL said it found no evidence of wrongdoing following investigations into both the Redskins and the Buffalo Bills, where Williams previously coached.A separate claim in Pearlmans book was also refuted Wednesday when Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers strongly denied that he referred to Favre as Grandpa the first time he met him in 2005.ESPNs Ben Goessling and Adam Teicher contributed to this report. Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz