Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
t123 Offline

03.05.2018 06:43
d his season-high with 11 strikeouts in what manager John Gibbons called a dominating outing. Happ struck out a career-high 12 a Antworten

BRUSSELS -- It is the way the bar trembles.One moment, it falls and robs you of an Olympic gold medal.On Friday, it stayed up and Sandi Morris joined the very exclusive 5-meter pole vaulting club.In the highlight of the Van Damme Memorial meeting, it came to the last woman standing, and the bar at a height only Russian great Yelena Isinbayeva and American Jenny Suhr had reached.With 40,000 fans at the King Baudouin Stadium cheering, grit, speed and agility only got Morris this far up -- she touched the bar, again, and thought that just like at the Rio Games, it would fall and leave her crestfallen once more.I brushed it and I hit the mat and I just thought it was going to fall, she said. Instead though, the crowd went wild and I looked up and it was still there.With her new U.S. outdoor mark, and an age of 24, Morris made clear she is the future of womens pole vaulting.If only she had an Olympic title to go with it. At the Rio Games, though, Morris had a brush with the bar just as close and if it would have stayed up, it would have been gold. Instead, the Olympic title went to Greeces Katerina Stefanidi, the Greek she beat on Friday.To cap the memorable night, Morris tried three times at 5.07 meters to break Isinbayevas world record, the Russian she had idolized during her youth. She fell short. But she has plenty of time to try again.It is a good thing that I didnt break the world record tonight since I have next year to go for, Morris said. If you automatically achieve all your goals right off the bat, what will you have to go for? It gives me a lot of motivation for next season.In earlier action, Elaine Thompson extended her sprinting dominance through her last race of the season, with the double Olympic champion beating rival Dafne Schippers in the 100 meters.In a battle between the two dominant sprinters of the past two seasons, it was no contest.The Jamaican shot out of the blocks and never let Schippers close to finish in 10.72 seconds. It was her third-best time of the season but still better than any other woman this year.Now I can finally go back home, Thompson said after her intense season. If I have to summarize it in one word: Wonderful.Schippers, who complained of sore hamstrings, finished well behind in 10.97. After her habitual slow start she never came close to closing the gap on Thompson.The Jamaican won the 100 and 200 at the Rio Games while Schippers finished 5th in the 100 and was runner-up in the 200.Besides Morris, the biggest cheer of the night at the King Baudouin was for an eight-year-old achievement.The Belgian 2008 womens Olympic 4x100 relay team was officially handed its gold medals after crossing the line at the Beijing Games in second place behind Russia.The team moved up to gold this year after a Russian runner was caught doping in a retest.In a stirring ceremony before some 40,000 fans, the four runners were finally handed their new medals by former IOC President Jacques Rogge, who was still in office at the Beijing Games.Kim Gevaert, Elodie Ouedraogo, Hanna Marien and Olivia Borlee were all dressed in fitting golden tops as they received the biggest prize of their careers. Only Borlee is still competing.In the 400, South Africas Caster Semenya proved her versatility. She became the 800 Olympic champion in Rio last month, but at the closing Diamond League meeting she won the one-lap race with a stunning kick over the final straight.With 150 meters to go, Semenya seemed totally out of the race, but she started clawing back one runner after another, and with a dip at the line she set a personal best of 50.40 seconds, to beat Courtney Okolo of the United States by .11 seconds.Exhausted, Semenya crumpled to the ground, saying the intensity of the 400 was incomparable to the more tactical 800.This is a suicide, she said. It is crazy.Still, Semenya showed that a 400-800 double might be possible at next years London world championships.---Follow Raf Casert on Twitter at http://twitter.com/rcasert Patrick Roy Jersey . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Chris Bigras Jersey . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. http://www.authentichockeyshopavalanche.com/Joe-Colborne-Jersey/ . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. Sergei Boikov Jersey . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. Custom Colorado Avalanche Jerseys . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. TORONTO -- Yovani Gallardos perfect record against the Blue Jays came to an end on Saturday.For the time being, so did Baltimores stay in first place.J.A. Happ won his eighth straight decision, Devon Travis homered and Toronto used a seven-run fifth to beat Baltimore 9-1, taking sole possession of the AL East lead for the first time since early April.Gallardo (3-3) lost for the first time in five career meetings with the Blue Jays, including the opener of last years AL Division Series. He allowed five runs and five hits in 4 1/3 innings.He didnt have command of his cutter today, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. That was a challenge for him.Pedro Alvarez hit a solo homer for the Orioles, who matched a season-high by losing their fifth straight and fell a half-game behind the Blue Jays.Obviously, were not playing the way were capable of right now, Gallardo said/Toronto, which won for the 16th time in 22 games, had not been alone atop its division since a 2-0 start. The Blue Jays have scored seven or more runs in an inning three times this season.I feel were starting to play good ball, Toronto catcher Russell Martin said.Kevin Pillar had two hits and drove in four runs to match his career high. Major league RBI leader Edwin Encarnacion drove in his 89th run.Happ (14-3) allowed one run and three hits in seven-plus innings.He hit his spots pretty well today, Baltimores Mark Trumbo said. There wont a whole lot to hit.Baltimore is winless in five games at Toronto this season and has lost 12 of its past 17 away from home.That was the best effort we could muster up and it wasnt much, Trumbo said.dddddddddddd Weve got to come back tomorrow and try to get one of these games and keep it moving.Happ walked three and matched his season-high with 11 strikeouts in what manager John Gibbons called a dominating outing. Happ struck out a career-high 12 against Baltimore on Aug. 7, 2014.Alvarez connected on an 0-2 pitch with two out in the second, his 13th.Travis tied it with a line-drive homer off Gallardo (3-3) in the fifth. Jose Bautista and Josh Donaldson walked, Encarnacion hit an RBI double and Michael Saunders was intentionally walked.I just wasnt able to get ahead of guys like I was doing early in the game, Gallardo said.Mychal Givens walked Troy Tulowitzki, then gave up two-run doubles to Russell Martin and Kevin Pillar.Showalter said Givens had a flat breaking ball.Theyre a good offensive team, they make you pay for mistakes, Showalter said.Baltimore chased Happ in the eighth and loaded the bases against Joe Biagini with no outs but couldnt score. Jonathan Schoop grounded into a fielders choice, Manny Machado flied out and Brett Cecil came on to strike out Chris Davis.We know were going to have to score more than one but Happ didnt make that possible, Showalter said.UP NEXTRHP Chris Tillman (14-3), Baltimores scheduled starter Sunday, allowed six runs and nine hits in five innings in a 6-3 loss to Colorado in his last outing. Toronto RHP Aaron Sanchez (11-1) has won his past 10 decisions. Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz