Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
jj009 Offline

04.12.2018 13:00
really heartbreaking what happened to Seth, but I mean I just have to honor him and go in there and do what I know I can do, sai Antworten

WACO, Texas -- On the same day Baylor seniors will be honored before their final home game on the banks of the Brazos River, true freshman quarterback Zach Smith gets his first career start for the Bears.Baylor (6-3, 3-3 Big 12) goes into its home finale Saturday against Kansas State with a three-game losing streak and without senior quarterback Seth Russell, who had season-ending surgery this week after a gruesome left ankle injury in a loss last weekend at Oklahoma.Its really heartbreaking what happened to Seth, but I mean I just have to honor him and go in there and do what I know I can do, said Smith, who has appeared in six games behind Russell.I feel good about Zach, acting head coach Jim Grobe said. Hes just the kind of guy that you want. Hes a smart quarterback, he takes his role very seriously, he tries to do exactly what hes coached to do.Smith will be making his first start against one of the Big 12s best defenses. Kansas State has allowed 393 total yards per game -- the only conference team allowing less than 400 a game. (The Wildcats had one game shortened to a half because of bad weather.)The Wildcats (5-4, 3-3) need one more win to get bowl eligible for the seventh year in a row and 18th time overall under coach Bill Snyder. They are coming off an open date after another heartbreaking Big 12 loss .We got to rest a little bit and we have been practicing basic stuff like running to the ball and tackling, senior linebacker Charmeachealle Moore said. I think we are just ready to play.Kansas State lost its last game at home to No. 13 Oklahoma State, which scored two quick touchdowns in the fourth quarter and won 43-37 after the Wildcats opted to punt on fourth-and-inches. In their conference opener at No. 10 West Virginia, K-State blew a 13-0 halftime lead and gave up a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns in a 17-16 loss.The downside is you can lose the continuity, to a certain degree, of playing every single week, Snyder said about the extra time since the last game. Obviously, there are positive things like giving the players a peace of mind, so to speak, not that there are any real significant days off, but nevertheless the opportunity to not be under the gun constantly.Some other things to know when Baylor goes for its fifth consecutive victory in the series against the Wildcats:SHOCK IS BACKBaylor career rushing leader Shock Linwood is back after a one-game suspension for what Grobe described as attitude issues. Grobe, without elaborating, said that Linwood had made corrections. I like to give kids a reminder once in a while that their behavior is more important than their ability on the football field, Grobe said. Im expecting were going to get a guy that comes back and does all the things we want him to do.ALMOST 200Bill Snyder earlier this season became only the seventh FBS coach with 300 games at the same school. This will be his 305th game, and now hes going for his 199th victory in his 25 seasons with the Wildcats. His currently ranks first among active FBS coaches for wins at their current schools.ANOTHER FRESHMAN QBThis is the second consecutive year that a true freshman Baylor quarterback gets his first career start against Kansas State. Jarrett Stidham, who left Baylor last summer, threw for 419 yards and three TDs in a 31-24 win at K-State last year after Russell had suffered a season-ending neck injury.CENTURY SIGNAL CALLERKansas State quarterback Jesse Ertz has had back-to-back 100-yard rushing games. Ertz is the Big 12s best rushing quarterback with 70 yards per game.SENIOR MOMENTSThere will be 13 Baylor seniors who will be honored during pregame ceremonies. This senior class has been part of a 38-10 record and the schools only two Big 12 football championships.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Cheap Air Max 90 Outlet . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Air Max 90 Sale Outlet . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. http://www.nikeairmax90outlet.com/ . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Air Max 90 Cheap Online . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Air Max 90 Outlet Store . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne.JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- South Africa scored nine tries to emphatically open its Rugby Championship with a 73-13 win over Argentina on Saturday, avenging a surprise draw between the teams in their last meeting a year ago with the biggest win ever in the southern hemisphere competition. The Springboks took control at FNB Stadium in Soweto from a 30th-minute penalty try, and crossed seven times in the second half to keep Argentina winless in seven games in this competition. South Africa also moved powerfully to a seventh straight test win under coach Heyneke Meyer, with flyhalf Morne Steyn kicking 28 points and landing 12 out of 13 attempts. South Africa surpassed its own points tally in a 61-22 win over Australia in Pretoria in 1997 and also the competitions previous best 45-point margin when the Springboks beat Australia 53-8 at Johannesburg in 2008, all on a day of national celebration and dedicated to South African icon and former president Nelson Mandela. "I think that the team talk was simple," Meyer said. "I said to the players, I really want a special performance. We really wanted to make our country proud." The No. 2-ranked Springboks also responded to New Zealands six-try, 47-29 win over Australia earlier Saturday to open the tournament, with the top-ranked, world champion and southern hemisphere champion All Blacks undoubtedly rugbys pace-setters. South Africa had eight different try-scorers after the penalty try and kept a meek Argentina scoreless from the 23rd minute until their only try through captain Felipe Contepomi in the last minute. Contepomi had all Argentinas points with a try, conversion and two penalties, but the South Americans were left ragged and completely dispirited after coming close to a maiden win in the championship in their debut season in 2012 several times, and then going down by 60 points in their 2013 opener. "Last year we struggled a bit, this year we struggled a lot," Contepomi said. "Its hard when you take a shot like that ... we have to learn, and fast." It was only 9-6 after nearly half an hour when the Springboks forged ahead with their penalty try, a telling double blow for the Argentinians as theey also lost hooker Eusebio Guinazu to a sin-binning for knocking down a pass that would have put Ruan Pienaar clear in the left corner.dddddddddddd No. 8 Leonardo Senatore was yellow-carded in the second half. Centre JJ Engelbrecht collected a kick through three minutes after the penalty try and ran 50 metres for the second, a breakout from near the Springboks line set up by Steyn, who passed to fullback Willie le Roux to chip ahead. With a 26-6 halftime lead, the Boks blew the Pumas away in the second to score 47 points and concede only seven. Hooker Adriaan Strauss try from a rumbling maul early in the second effectively ended what was left of any contest. "We are very disappointed," Argentina coach Santiago Phelan said. "First half we didnt take control of the ball, we were under pressure everywhere. In the second half we were broken." Flanker Willem Alberts secured the four-try bonus point as early as the 54th as the Boks repeated the lineout and mauling move that put Strauss over. A minute later, skipper Jean de Villiers intercepted and burst clear and Argentina began to fade away badly under an onslaught. World Cup-winning scrumhalf Fourie du Preez bolted over for the sixth minutes after returning to international rugby as a replacement following a two-year absence. Wing Bryan Habana scored his South African record-extending 51st test try, and No. 8 Duane Vermeulen and replacement hooker Bismarck du Plessis also crashed over. Contepomi ended a counterattack with his try in the last act of the game, but that didnt hide the ruthless rugby lesson for the Pumas, who can still recover some pride with the return match in Mendoza, Argentina next weekend as they did in that 16-16 draw last year. "I think it will be a totally different beast playing in Mendoza," South Africa captain De Villiers said. "Theyll be hurting going back home." ------ Scores: South Africa 73 (JJ Engelbrecht, Adriaan Strauss, Willem Alberts, Jean de Villiers, Fourie du Preez, Bryan Habana, Duane Vermeulen, Bismarck du Plessis, penalty tries; Morne Steyn 8 conversions, 4 penalties), Argentina 13 (Felipe Contepomi try, conversion, 2 penalties). HT: 26-6. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz