Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Bilder
jokergreen0220 Offline

08.12.2018 04:28
l that made it feel like Antworten

NEW YORK -- Taylor Teagarden had no idea how much of a relief his grand slam was to the scuffling New York Mets until his teammates were congratulating him for the rare hit with the bases loaded. Astros Framber Valdez Jersey . Teagarden homered in his Mets debut, Daniel Murphy had a two-run shot and New York beat the Milwaukee Brewers 6-2 Tuesday night to snap a six-game skid. "If I could help get the monkey off the back, whatever it takes," Teagarden said. Called up from Triple-A Las Vegas on Sunday to replace demoted catcher Travis dArnaud, Teagarden connected for his second career slam after Marco Estrada walked the bases loaded in the sixth inning. The 30-year-old Teagarden had struck out in his first two at-bats. He said his teammates let him know just how poorly theyve done with the bases loaded after he returned to the dugout. Playing in front of a season-low Citi Field crowd of 20,206 that booed Ryan Braun in each of his four plate appearances, the Mets improved to 11 for 64 (.172) with the sacks full. "He didnt know you werent supposed to get a hit," manager Terry Collins said with a big grin. Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-0) pitched six effective innings and Murphy homered off Estrada in the third. Before the game, Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said Collins job is secure after the team returned from a 4-7 road trip a season-worst seven games under .500. Outhit 6-5, the Mets scored their most runs in 16 home games since a 7-6 loss in 10 innings to Miami on April 26. Matsuzaka was hit high on the outside of his right thigh by a line drive in the sixth. Making his third start of the year, the right-hander recovered to throw out Carlos Gomez and finished the inning. Collins said the plan was to send Matsuzaka out for the start of the seventh because he was at 100 pitches. "Pitch-count wise I think I wouldve been able to go into the next inning fine," Matsuzaka said through a translator. "Right now its not too bad, but it should start swelling I think by tomorrow, so well see what happens." Estrada (5-3) has given up a major league-worst 20 homers this season, and both long balls Tuesday followed walks. "I threw a lot of close pitches. Guys just laid off of them," Estrada said. "I dont understand why Im walking so many guys right now. Ive got to figure this out now because its getting out of hand." Murphy connected after Ruben Tejada walked with two outs in the third, the ball just clearing the right field wall for a 2-0 lead. Murphy, who spent his off day Monday participating in a White House summit on working families, has five homers. The Brewers cut the lead in half in the fourth after Khris Davis was hit by a pitch from Matsuzaka. Running on a full-count pitch to Lyle Overbay, Davis scored from first when Overbay hit a sharp grounder inside first base for a run-scoring double. Matsuzaka, however, kept the NL Central leaders in check. He allowed three hits and three walks, striking out five. Estrada walked David Wright and Curtis Granderson with one out in the sixth. After Chris Young struck out, Lucas Duda walked to load the bases. Teagardens drive hit off the top of the wall down the right field line and ricocheted into the seats for his first slam since 2008 with Texas. "I think the at-bats leading up were really good, too," Murphy said. Gomez, traded by the Mets to Minnesota as part of the deal that brought Johan Santana to New York in February 2008, had an RBI double in the eighth off Jeurys Familia. NOTES: Mets RHP Matt Harvey (Tommy John surgery) was scheduled to throw off a slope but that was pushed back. Alderson said Harvey is doing well. The schedule was changed because the teams doctors didnt want Harvey pitching too soon. ... Mets RHP Gonzalez Germen (virus and abscess) was activated from the 15-day DL after the game. LHP Scott Rice was sent to Triple-A Las Vegas. ... OF Eric Young Jr. (hamstring) has started running, but not at full speed. He has also been hitting. ... Brewers RHP Tyler Thornburg (elbow soreness) had an MRI. Manager Ron Roenicke said the team is waiting for a radiologist to examine the results before revealing anything. He did say its not an injury that would require Tommy John surgery. Astros Chris Devenski Jersey . He never mentioned anything about his hitting. The 33-year-old right-hander had success with both Sunday, pitching six solid innings and helping the offence-starved Mets with an RBI single as New York salvaged a doubleheader split with a 4-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Astros Cionel Perez Jersey . According to a release sent by the league, the Saskatchewan Roughriders were the only team to exceed the cap. Their total salary expenditure of $4,417,975 was $17,975 over the salary cap of $4. http://www.cheapastrosjerseysauthentic.com/ . His right arm rested in a sling and was encased in a cast from above the elbow to his hand. "Im excited," Fernandez said with a grin.CHICAGO -- Ryne Sandberg loves the way Chase Utley plays the game. The Phillies manager says the second baseman reminds him of the way he used to play during Hall of Fame career. So of course Utley delivered on a blustery day at Wrigley Field. Utley hit a two-run homer and an RBI single, helping Philadelphia beat the Chicago Cubs 7-2 on Friday in a historic home opener at the majors second oldest ballpark. "It was cold out there and the wind was blowing. It made it even colder," Utley said. "But I thought overall we swung the bats pretty well." John Mayberry Jr. also had a two-run drive for his fourth career pinch-hit homer as Philadelphia bounced back after dropping the last two games of its opening series in Texas. Ben Revere and Domonic Brown had three hits apiece, and Brown also drove in two runs. The Phillies also got a strong outing from Roberto Hernandez, who pitched into the sixth inning in his first game after signing a $4.5 million, one-year contract with Philadelphia in the off-season. "He did his job today. He looked good," Sandberg said. "Really liked his two-seam fastball, action on it was going down pretty good." Welington Castillo hit a solo homer for the Cubs, who have dropped four consecutive home openers for the first time since 1991-94. Travis Wood (0-1) struck out eight in 6 1-3 innings, but was charged with four runs, three earned, and six hits. "Id like to have a couple pitches back," Wood said. "The one to Utley, the one there at the end to Revere that ended up chasing me from the ballgame." Wrigley Field was all dressed up for the first game of its 100th anniversary season. There were big blue banners on each side of the red sign that welcomes visitors to the beloved ballpark, and fans headed to the outfield bleachers strolled past historical pictures from the Cubs longtime home. The crowd of 38,283, wearing jackets and winter hats for the chilly afternoon, roared when Sandberg joined fellow Cubs Hall of Famers Ernie Banks, Ferguson Jenkins and Billy Williams on the mound for a ceremonial firrst pitch. Astros Nolan Ryan Jersey. Banks, Jenkins and Williams drew more cheers when they sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch. "Its a special day for me to be here, just for the festivities and the memories of opening days here," said Sandberg, who spent 15 seasons in Chicago. "The fan base and the excitement opening day brought every year with the optimism that this is going to be the year. I thought that every single year." The Cubs are still waiting for that year. They last won the World Series in 1908, and many of their fans are more interested in the prospects in Chicagos touted farm system than the players on the major league roster. Hours before the home opener, one fan held up a sign near the Cubs dugout that read: "Theres Always Next Year." Chicago got off to a nice start when Castillo went deep in the second inning and Starlin Castro singled home a run in the third, but that was it for the Cubs offence. Utleys first homer of the season, a drive to right-centre in the fifth, gave the Phillies a 3-2 lead. He also singled in Ben Revere in the seventh. It was more than enough for Hernandez (1-0), who allowed two runs and three hits while throwing only 73 pitches in 5 1-3 innings. Sandberg said Hernandez hadnt pitched to hitters for nine days because of a weather-related backup, and he pulled the right-hander when his velocity dipped in the sixth. "We had some balls that just missed," rookie Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "They ended up hitting some balls that carried a little bit more. But I think all in all, we did not go in there and have a very good plan of attack in general so it kind of cost us." NOTES: The game-time temperature was 38 degrees with a wind chill that made it feel like 28. ... Phillies LHP Cliff Lee (1-0, 14.40 ERA) faces Cubs RHP Jeff Samardzija (0-0, 0.00 ERA) on Saturday ... Renteria said the team is still deciding whether RHP Carlos Villanueva will start the series finale against the Phillies. Villanueva got the loss in Chicagos first two games of the season. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz