Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 84 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
t123 Offline

19.05.2018 10:38
-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending I Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Rarely are teams forced to make wholesale roster changes in the middle of the season, and those that do usually arent coming off arguably their best performance in weeks.The Kansas City Chiefs did precisely that this week.Their trade of running back Knile Davis to the Green Bay Packers on Tuesday for a conditional late-round draft pick started a wave of roster transactions. They also placed defensive end Allen Bailey and linebacker Justin March on injured reserve and waived defensive lineman Nick Williams.As a result, four newcomers were on the 53-man roster for practice Wednesday.Defensive lineman Rakeem Nunez-Roches and linebacker Ramik Wilson were drafted by Kansas City, and cornerback Terrance Mitchell has been with them on the practice squad. The Chiefs also signed defensive end Kendall Reyes, who has been with the Chargers and Redskins the past few years.Thats a lot of people to get up to speed before Sundays game against New Orleans.Id just like to be able to help however I can, Reyes said.In truth, none of the newcomers figures to be taking on much load this weekend. Their additions are primarily for depth, moves designed to help the Chiefs in the event of another injury.The trade of Davis started the domino effect, though. The decision to cut ties with a former third-round pick gave the Chiefs roster flexibility and some modest salary cap savings, and relieved some of the pressure that was building at running back with three others already on the roster.It gives him an opportunity during the prime of his career here an opportunity to play, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. Some of the stuff were doing here probably isnt his best stuff. Every time he played he got a hundred yards, it seemed like, but we did a lot of downhill stuff at the time.Hes very good at that, Reid said. Were just doing different stuff now.The offense doesnt figure to change much without Davis, who had been active this season primarily because of his ability as a kick returner. But things could change much more on defense.Bailey was a big part of the rotation on the defensive line along with Williams, Dontari Poe and Jaye Howard. But he tore his right pectoral muscle in last Sundays impressive win in Oakland , and will have surgery Monday that will sideline him for the rest of the season.Now, rookie Chris Jones will join Reyes in trying to soak up some of the snaps.Losing him, its a huge impact. Hes a huge part of our defense, Jones said. Hes a veteran guy that Ive been looking after. Its just a tough loss.The loss of March to a broken left hand is doubly painful considering he was already replacing Josh Mauga, who is out for the season. And his replacements are largely untested or new to the Chiefs: Wilson has rarely played, Sam Barrington has been hobbled since joining the team earlier this season and Sio Moore has been working mostly outside since signing a couple weeks ago.Reid said it essentially will be an open competition to decide who starts alongside Derrick Johnson on Sunday, though he indicated Wilson has the best grasp of the system.Weve got a group of guys, he added. Well just let them go at it and give them a shot.There is also some uncertainty in the defensive backfield with Phillip Gaines dealing with a knee injury. He didnt practice Wednesday, though the Chiefs are hopeful he will work out later in the week.Still, thats hardly how they want to go into a game against Drew Brees and the Saints, who are averaging more than 400 yards of offense and 31 points per game.Its a big task, Jones said, but well be up to it.Game notes LB Justin Houston (left knee surgery) returned to practice for the first time since having surgery in February. There is still no timetable or his return to games. Well just see how much he can get done, Reid said. ... Gaines underwent an MRI exam and Dr. James Andrew, who repaired his ACL last year, examined the results. But the Chiefs are still listing him as day to day.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-NFL Portugal Beto World Cup Jersey . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Portugal Cedric Soares World Cup Jersey . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. http://www.cheapworldcupportugaljerseys.com/ . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Portugal Ruben Dias World Cup Jersey . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. Cheap Youth Portugal Jerseys . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. LANDOVER, Md. -- In their first real chance to play together this preseason, Kirk Cousins and the Washington Redskins offensive starters showed plenty of rust and then progress in a 21-16 victory against the Buffalo Bills on Friday night.With the Bills (1-2) resting almost their entire starting defense, Cousins overcame a rough start to finish 12 of 23 for 188 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. Despite coming mostly against Buffalos second- and third-stringers, it was an important recovery for Cousins, who had thrown only five passes in the preseason and was rested last week.Were going to have slow moments or slow quarters at times, and the key is going to be to find a way to circle the wagons and regroup, said Cousins, who started 3 of 9. The body of work overall was pretty productive, but there were moments where it wasnt as good as it needs to be, and we know that.Undrafted rookie running back Robert Kelley was the brightest spot for Washington (2-1), especially given the previous injuries to Matt Jones and Chris Thompson, and that seventh-round pick Keith Marshall sprained his left elbow on his only carry of the game.I definitely got some work in today, and I think it helped me out, said Kelley, who ran for 51 yards on 12 carries. Every time I get up there I try to put myself in a better situation to make the team, take advantage of the opportunity.Bills starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor played only two series, by coach Rex Ryans design, going 2 of 5 for 11 yards before being replaced by E.J. Manuel, who was 21 of 39 for 221 yards and an interception.Ryan also opted to rest running back LeSean McCoy and several key defenders, including defensive tackle Kyle Williams, linebacker Jerry Hughes and cornerbacks Ronald Darby and Stephon Gilmore.I feel pretty good about the guys that I sat, obviously, and I dont think we can afford to get them hurt, Ryan said.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz