Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Bilder
jokergreen0220 Offline

06.03.2019 07:18
DETROIT -- Stan Van Gundy has agreed to a $35-million, five-year contract to be the Detroit Pistons coach and president of baske Antworten

DETROIT -- Stan Van Gundy has agreed to a $35-million, five-year contract to be the Detroit Pistons coach and president of basketball operations, a person with knowledge of the details said. Nike Zoom Online Shop . Detroit gave Van Gundy the powerful combination of jobs on Tuesday, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced. The deal was first reported by ESPN.com. The Pistons announced in April that they were not renewing Joe Dumars contract, ending his 14-year run as president of basketball operations. Van Gundy is taking over a team that has Andre Drummond, one NBAs top young centres, and money to reshape its roster this summer. Van Gundy has a 371-208 career record with the Orlando Magic and Miami Heat. He was fired in 2012 following his fifth season with the Orlando. He stunned the Heat in December 2005 by resigning for family reasons after two-plus seasons. The Golden State Warriors might have wanted Van Gundy, who went to high school in nearby Martinez, California, to be their new coach. While the Warriors roster seems more attractive, Van Gundy is getting a rare chance to be the coach and decision-maker for an NBA franchise. Doc Rivers does both jobs for the Los Angeles Clippers. The Pistons are desperate to be regarded as relevant in the Motor City -- where theyve become an afterthought -- and hiring Van Gundy seems to be a splashy move they needed to make. Ultimately, though, Van Gundy will have to win more than he loses in Detroit, as he has in each of his eight seasons. Van Gundy has won 59 games three times, once in Miami and twice with the Magic. He has helped his teams advance in five out of seven postseasons, leading Orlando to the 2009 NBA Finals. Miami lost to the Pistons in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. Detroits season has not lasted longer than the regular season in five years, its longest playoff drought since 1978-83. The Pistons won their third NBA title in 2004, early in a six-year run of reaching at least the conference finals. The Pistons signed Josh Smith, traded for Brandon Jennings and hired Maurice Cheeks last off-season and were expected to at least contend for a post-season spot. Instead, the new players didnt blend with returning players such as Drummond and Greg Monroe well enough to push the Pistons into the playoffs and coach Maurice Cheeks lost his job 50 games into the regular season. Detroit finished the season with a 29-53 record and with John Loyer as coach. The franchise is hoping it has a lottery pick next month. The Pistons will have to give their first-round pick to the Charlotte Bobcats if the selection is No. 9 or later as part a salary cap-saving trade Dumars made to get Ben Gordon off the payroll two years ago. Nike Zoom Discount . Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also listen to all the action live on TSN 1050 at 7pm et. The Knicks are two games behind the Atlanta Hawks for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference race. Nike Zoom Clearance .Boston beat the Nashville Predators 5-3 on Tuesday night and celebrated consecutive wins for the first time in more than a month. http://www.cheapnikezoom.net/ . The outdoor event will be played on Dec. 31 between alumni of the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers at Citizens Bank Park, the home of the Philadelphia Phillies. PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles quarterback Nick Foles has been named Philadelphias starter for the rest of the season. Coach Chip Kelly made the announcement Tuesday as the team returned from its bye week and began preparations for the Arizona Cardinals (7-4) on Sunday. The Eagles (6-5) are tied for first place in the NFC East with the Dallas Cowboys. "Nick will be our starter," Kelly said. "And hopefully we get Mike (Vick) back through a full week of practice and hell be able to be the No. 2 guy." Foles, in his second season, replaced Vick, who re-injured his hamstring in a loss to the New York Giants on Oct. 27. The Eagles have saved their season after a rocky start and hes been the focal point. Foles has played in parts of seven games this season. In five starts, hes 4-1, and overall, he has thrown for 1,554 yards with 16 touchdowns and no interceptions. Whats more, hes thrown 199 passes, dating back to last season, without an interception. "I feel the same," Foles said. "Nothing has really changed. Im going to prepare the same way I always have." His quarterback rating of 128.0 is on pace to break the regular-season record of Green Bays Aaron Rodgers (122.5), set in 2011. Twice this season, Foles has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week. On the flip side is Vick, who is still battling his way back, and was informed of the decission by Kelly Tuesday morning. Nike Zoom For Sale. "Chip is a straight-up guy," Foles said. "He came in and told me Im No. 1 and told Mike hes No. 2. Its not like in the movies where everyone sits down and theres tears." Last week during the teams bye, Vick said in a radio interview that as well as Foles was playing, he couldnt be taken out of the lineup. "Coach and I have always been on the same page right from the go," Vick said. "Ive been playing in this league a long time, its great to see a guy who I know can play have great success. "Its not disappointing at all. Im still a part of this organization, who took great care of me. One that has given me all the opportunities and possibilities I could ever imagine. As a competitor, you want to be out there, you want to play. But at the same time, you can only control what you can control. Nick has done a great job." Vick and Foles competed all through training camp last summer and the veteran won the job based off a better preseason. "I always believe you need to have one quarterback," Kelly said. "I dont think our guys are going into games worrying about if they make a mistake. I want our players to always play from a desire to excel, not a fear of failure. "The only thing Ive told Nick before we go into the games is go let it rip, dont worry about things." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz